Sun 16th Apr: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/04/23 at 14:30

Not one decent chance created…it’s painful. Started off great but without an attack all teams have to do is bide their time. It must be difficult to maintain intensity in defence when you know you’re never going to score. Painful to watch. 

Asiata and Lam are proper players. My lad and his teammates played in the pre-match community games…at least they got to see some creativity today although, let’s face it, Leigh didn’t need much of it to win by a good margin. Christ. 

2 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

We had momentum in that first half, we didn't know what to do with it. Trust me it's not coming, we don't have the players, we don't have the structure, we don't have the revenue and the support will wane as this absolute horror show continues. 

Worrying isn't it 

11 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Leigh need to take Wakey on down the middle tire their not so good forwards out then go to their expansive style after 30 min.Second half if in front down the middle first 20 min then cut loose on the outside.May be a close game but i can only see Leigh winning.

Nostradamus or what?! Correct down to a t apart from it being close!

At least Wakey are constant, no points is what they seem to aim for, and most games score it.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

47 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Nostradamus or what?! Correct down to a t apart from it being close!

Even i didn't think Wakey would fail to score AGAIN.As a Fev supporter i have always wanted Leigh to stay up.From 1955 to 1972 i supported Trinity ,3 wins at Wembley.And i was at Swinton when Wakey beat Saints to win their first Championship.Knew a few of the players of the 60's.But my best mate asked me to go to a Featherstone game and i stayed with them.Even when Wakey were in SL and Fev in League 1.I live in Sheffield and Wakey is just easier travel wise but i am too old to change now.Although if i lose my driving licence i may have to watch Sheffield.

Wakey could’ve done with facing Saints that would have been two pts for them. It must be really tough being a Wakey fan at the moment, if i was a season ticket holder i don’t think id bother going.

Will they sack Applegarth or would that be too costly. Who is getting the most stick from the fans, the coach, board of directors, or both !!. 

6 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

You can stick a fork in Wakefield now, they're more done than my barbequed burgers. 

The new stand should see the club in good stead and I should think Wakefields crowds will hold up in the Championship.

If they go down they will have 3 WF derbys plus Bulls and Fax to draw gates from

There was a lot of stress in both sets of fans yesterday, Wakey knew it was a must win to have a realistic chance of staying up and Leigh to possible secure SL status.

If Leigh are secure come May then I expect some fireworks in next years recruitment with 2 Huge Marquees taking the potential to the next level 

26 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

There was a lot of stress in both sets of fans yesterday, Wakey knew it was a must win to have a realistic chance of staying up and Leigh to possible secure SL status.

If Leigh are secure come May then I expect some fireworks in next years recruitment with 2 Huge Marquees taking the potential to the next level 

Next season’s first priority should be to retain Lam, Asiata, Amone and O’Donnell. All I think are only contracted for this year. Lam in particular will have plenty of offers, given he’s not on the quota. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

You have been telling us this was going to happen on a number of occasions this season Sweaty, Marquees and others would be signed?

21 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Next season’s first priority should be to retain Lam, Asiata, Amone and O’Donnell. All I think are only contracted for this year. Lam in particular will have plenty of offers, given he’s not on the quota. 

Asiata and Amone are both contracted for next year already( although the club should be looking to extend beyond that anyway). O'Donnell and Lam are both off contract currently and we need to get them both tied down ASAP 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, phiggins said:

As much as I like O'Donnell he is not in the same class as the other 3, if the club does not react soon to extending the contracts of the other 3 in the same way they reacted with Ipape last season knowing full well "the vultures would come circling" then that would be showing a lack of ambition, it would also upset a lot of fans if any of those 3 were lost.

AS crazy as this may seem I take no pleasure in seeing these results at Wakey and certainly not going to crow about it based on my teams current predicament.

I can't say that I hope they turn it around as that would almost certainly condemn my team to relegation but I do hope that, if they do go down, they see it as an opportunity to rebuild and not a disaster.                                                                                                                                                                                                               

• Like 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

10 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Asiata and Amone are both contracted for next year already( although the club should be looking to extend beyond that anyway). O'Donnell and Lam are both off contract currently and we need to get them both tied down ASAP 

Have seen a couple of posts about Asiata being signed for next year, but cannot see any report of it anywhere. My understanding was that he signed a 2 year deal when he signed (with second year dependant on being in Super League). Similarly, can't see any report on Amone's contract

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As much as I like O'Donnell he is not in the same class as the other 3, if the club does not react soon to extending the contracts of the other 3 in the same way they reacted with Ipape last season knowing full well "the vultures would come circling" then that would be showing a lack of ambition, it would also upset a lot of fans if any of those 3 were lost.

I don't think he's far off those three, particularly since moving to second row. Plays every minute, helps the props out and makes a fair few line breaks. And he's only 24.

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Have seen a couple of posts about Asiata being signed for next year, but cannot see any report of it anywhere. My understanding was that he signed a 2 year deal when he signed (with second year dependant on being in Super League). Similarly, can't see any report on Amone's contract

Asiata and Amone were listed as contracted til end of 2024 in the rebrand presentation below. Page 36 onwards are the squad/contract details

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3d3e261d-1fa5-41de-8aee-f89dad654e96

The notable off contract players in 2023 I believe should be tied down are Lam, O'Donnell, Reynolds, Wilde, Smith, Nisbet and maybe Ava. Nakubuwai, Wardle and Jones are also off contract but I'd probably let them move on

Screenshot_20230417_094810_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I don't think he's far off those three, particularly since moving to second row. Plays every minute, helps the props out and makes a fair few line breaks. And he's only 24.

O'Donnell is class and will be getting a lot off offers around SL come May 1st if we don't get him tied down quick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

O'Donnell is class and will be getting a lot off offers around SL come May 1st if we don't get him tied down quick.

Totally agree I would keep him immediatley no question he us an integral part of the team but I do not think he is in the class of Lam, Asiata or Amone at the moment as I said in my reply to @phiggins, obviously I do not want any of those player's missing of the team sheet including Kai, but I know which if those 3 would be missed the most. Also

34 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

The notable off contract players in 2023 I believe should be tied down are Lam, O'Donnell, Reynolds, Wilde, Smith, Nisbet and maybe Ava. Nakubuwai, Wardle and Jones are also off contract but I'd probably let them move on

Is Charnley retained for next year? Before I read your link.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree I would keep him immediatley no question he us an integral part of the team but I do not think he is in the class of Lam, Asiata or Amone at the moment as I said in my reply to @phiggins, obviously I do not want any of those player's missing of the team sheet including Kai, but I know which if those 3 would be missed the most. Also

I think the simplest way to look at it is, we need to keep the starting middles and the left hand side, whilst improving the back up middles and the right hand side.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes Charnley is contracted for next year along with the majority of the squad. Only those I named plus probably Umyla Hanley are off contract