Rochdale Hornets.

Peter Winthorpe

We've got a sign in the changing room at DP that says " we never give up" and this lot must all have tattoos with it on. 

What somebody else said about big lads on the bench gives us a mixed bag, we only start to dominate when they come on and today that wasnt til the second half..Key and Reid made the difference and Kirkup will learn from his errors. As for Bradley he was at fault through a defensive miscommunication once maybe twice not sure but going forward was very good. 

Good game to watch even though i was disappointed not to see a Sabutey hatrick. Possibly the highlight was their number 33 getting sinbinned and laughing at us for giving him stick then he was back on and got sinbinned again  ,he wasn't laughing then. He then went back on did something wrong and got subbed. 😃

• Like 3

Any away win is a top result, but we need Henson starting at 9 and playing are best forwards from the kick off,start quickly and boss the game,then for me bring a bit of impact on to freshen the team up,Simpson is in favour of marwood by the looks but for me blain has that backing up skill to make an impact when forwards are tiring. If town can find that bit more game management from the halfs the team will be winning by bigger margins,but entertaining these close games👍

Agreed Town utd , our starting 13 needs changed around a bit , we obviously have the balance wrong at the moment .Blaine not in the squad is a worry also , he tackles like a demon and as you say always backs up .Hope he isn`t going to get disallusioned under the new regime as he has under previous coaches .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

And the TRC marra, we had a few down today and must have out number their support, there bar will love Workington coming , UTT 🔵⚪ great win well done all .

Brilliant to mix with your lot yesterday noisy and great company , you nearly drank the bar dry but showed class and great respect when the presentations were made in the bar 💯 Class. And a great game to boot !

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Anyone remember when we last won our first 3 away games 🤔

Don't need great recollection skill for this.................in 2021 Town won first three away, drew fourth (24-24 at Barrow) then won next two away...so 5 out of six away victories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joe 90 said:

Brilliant to mix with your lot yesterday noisy and great company , you nearly drank the bar dry but showed class and great respect when the presentations were made in the bar 💯 Class. And a great game to boot !

I have to say marra you have a lovely little ground there, I would be very happy if we could have something similar, that's if our plans ever materialize ! we where made very welcome, good luck for the rest of the season 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I have to say marra you have a lovely little ground there, I would be very happy if we could have something similar, that's if our plans ever materialize ! we where made very welcome, good luck for the rest of the season 👍

Is that it now until May 7th? Bloody ridiculous if it is

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

Is that it now until May 7th? Bloody ridiculous if it is

Very ridiculous - only 20K ish central funding per L1 team and only 9 home games to generate income.

IMG looking after the whole of Rugby League "my backside", they, like the RFL are only interested in the top 12.

All these new plans are for is to stop P&R and protect the chosen few.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Very ridiculous - only 20K ish central funding per L1 team and only 9 home games to generate income.

IMG looking after the whole of Rugby League "my backside", they, like the RFL are only interested in the top 12.

Anyone who says we are better off in off in league 1 for a few seasons is off their heads..

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

Interesting point raised on the Oldham forum…..with the limited number of games in the league 1 season, any suspension constitutes a much larger share of the entire season than in superleague and championship. I suppose the same applies to injuries. Teams cannot afford either if they are going to be successful.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I might be a bit numb, but why can't we have 3 leagues of 12 instead of 12, 14 & 10? It's almost as if the RFL wants L1 to fail!!

I don't believe you are numb Nero.........always setting fires and fiddling though.

Your sensible rearrangement of RL divisions won't catch fire though, sadly.

Personally I would , if I had any power to influence, quickly cast aside the following clubs from the pro game:

London Broncos, London Skolars (London doesn't like RL and never will)..Newcastle Thunder, Midland Hurricanes, Cornwall, N.W. Crusaders.....all expansion outfits that will never improve via attendances..bye bye to all from me.

So 36 teams minus those 6 = 30 pro teams left...........yayyy just like it always was back in the day.

That then ideally would be 14 Super League outfits, and 16 in the Championship.....sorted, let's do it.

Town would have 15 home games plus any cup ties.......not difficult...in my first season as a Townie, 1961/62 we had 18 league home games and 3 cup matches....easy peasy... come on RFL let's turn the clock back !!!!

By the way to other posters - The RFL are not at Red Hall......the headquarters are in some strange Manchester district now.

UP THE TOWN!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

I don't believe you are numb Nero.........always setting fires and fiddling though.

Personally I would , if I had any power to influence, quickly cast aside the following clubs from the pro game:

London Broncos, London Skolars (London doesn't like RL and never will)..Newcastle Thunder, Midland Hurricanes, Cornwall, N.W. Crusaders.....all expansion outfits that will never improve via attendances..bye bye to all from me.

So 36 teams minus those 6 = 30 pro teams left...........yayyy just like it always was back in the day.

That then ideally would be 14 Super League outfits, and 16 in the Championship.....sorted, let's do it.

Town would have 15 home games plus any cup ties.......not difficult...in my first season as a Townie, 1961/62 we had 18 league home games and 3 cup matches....easy peasy... come on RFL let's turn the clock back !!!!

By the way to other posters - The RFL are not at Red Hall......the headquarters are in some strange Manchester district now.

UP THE TOWN!!!!

Far to sensible for the clowns running the game mate, agree with binning the teams mentioned. I don't understand why they haven't tried to even up the numbers in the championship and league 1 this last couple of years, obviously don't give a #### about anything below SL. Would love to see a breakaway by teams below SL, bring back the old cup comps and try for our own TV rights. We can only dream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not a Town fan, but just thought I'd chip in here.

I completely agree that League 1 clubs and their supporters get a bad deal with the number of matches. We really should go to three divisions of 12.

But the gap to 7th May is for different reasons entirely. This weekend is the challenge cup and the following weekend is the England international.

For the sake of general interest in the game I think we should be really pushing internationals and we therefore shouldn't have the professional clubs playing on the same weekend as England.

Of course any club knocked out of the cup don't have a match this coming weekend, that's 7 Championship teams and 9 League 1 teams. If they'd have won in previous rounds they would be playing this weekend. On this occasion it isn't simply a League 1 issue.

The worst I think we can blame the RFL for on this is not thinking about how to organise the fixtures and avoid having the cup and then international break back to back.

Edited by Barley Mow

On 18/04/2023 at 17:05, chromedome said:

London Broncos, London Skolars (London doesn't like RL and never will)..Newcastle Thunder, Midland Hurricanes, Cornwall, N.W. Crusaders.....all expansion outfits that will never improve via attendances..bye bye to all from me

some of the clubs on your list get better attendances and play in nicer stadiums than DP Keith, could also argue that they have produced more super league players than both Town and Haven combined.

The 2 London teams could argue that Town bring nothing to the table and haven’t for a long time.

I just hope the stadium plans comes to fruition and allows the club to attract a new of supporters as well as sponsors to improved surroundings 

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our next game is Doncaster away 7th May. 

Next home game is Oldham, 14th May, and is our only home game in May. 

So we need everyone to retweet, share our social media posts, try bring a friend and pop down earlier than normal if you can and enjoy the day at the club. 

Let people know KIDS GO FREE IN 23 👍👍

Early bird tickets are available now here🎟️🐦⬇️⬇️

https://workingtontown.byretail.net/menu

Limited Hospitality seats available in Tom Mitchell Lounge VIP. We've been getting great reviews and the staff are doing a great job! 

Contact 01900 603609 or email graemepeerstownrlfc@gmail.com to enquire and book. 

UTT

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE