Sun 23rd Apr: SL: Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/23 at 12:30

Congratulations to Hull. It was becoming hard to see where their next win was coming from but listening on Radio Leeds it seemed like they always had the edge. Throughout we were told that Hull were winning the energy battle.

As for Huddersfield I did question recently if Ian Watson was in denial. He doesn't see a problem with Hudds losing more games than they win and blames the fact that opposition teams have a lot of their first choice players available.

In fairness they do have both their preferred half backs missing in Oliver Russel and Theo Fages but we were told that this their biggest and best squad for a decade.

12 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Huddersfield look very poor. I thought we looked massively improved but Huddersfield hardly challenged us.

Feel a bit more confident about survival now!

Relegation had crossed my mind, although it wasn't something I was really worried about given how bad Wakefield are. Today is a big big pressure relieving win though. If we can beat Wakefield in a couple of weeks that will all but relegate them imo and we can then just focus on improving and building for next season.

On 20/04/2023 at 10:07, Pete Grady said:

Hull to win 2.0 and Watson to get the push.

'Wake up Mr Grady, it's time to take your medicines'.

Damn

It wasn't a dream afterall!

Has Watto still gotta job?

• Haha 2

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Righty ho, where has that "Should the GF stay at Old Trafford" thread?, I feel now I have more of a passing interest than a few hours ago...

I have no idea where this passion and effort came from today, it's almost like the players were told "No effort, no effing brass!", and the fans responded providing a really good atmosphere.

The Hull players scrapped for everything, young Davy Litten is having a fantastic time of it at the moment, as my pal suggested, will TS have to find a slot elsewhere for Tex Hoy?

Perhaps Huddersfield would have been better had Jake Connor played.

• Like 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Really happy for OF and my other FC friends. It's been a tough season so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Congratulations to Hull. It was becoming hard to see where their next win was coming from but listening on Radio Leeds it seemed like they always had the edge. Throughout we were told that Hull were winning the energy battle.

As for Huddersfield I did question recently if Ian Watson was in denial. He doesn't see a problem with Hudds losing more games than they win and blames the fact that opposition teams have a lot of their first choice players available.

In fairness they do have both their preferred half backs missing in Oliver Russel and Theo Fages but we were told that this their biggest and best squad for a decade.

I think any team with Jake Connor and Tui Lolohea in the halves can't have any excuses. Huddersfield have the deepest squad in the league when it comes to player numbers and experience, they should be much higher up the table than they currently are. 

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I think any team with Jake Connor and Tui Lolohea in the halves can't have any excuses. Huddersfield have the deepest squad in the league when it comes to player numbers and experience, they should be much higher up the table than they currently are. 

Give over...Hull FC are the form team in SL at the moment and would have beaten anybody today.

That's me done and off for my medication.

• Haha 3
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Righty ho, where has that "Should the GF stay at Old Trafford" thread?, I feel now I have more of a passing interest than a few hours ago...

I have no idea where this passion and effort came from today, it's almost like the players were told "No effort, no effing brass!", and the fans responded providing a really good atmosphere.

The Hull players scrapped for everything, young Davy Litten is having a fantastic time of it at the moment, as my pal suggested, will TS have to find a slot elsewhere for Tex Hoy?

Perhaps Huddersfield would have been better had Jake Connor played.

I know there's a natural caution when it comes to over exposing young players but Litten already looks like our first choice fullback to me. He was absolutely outstanding today.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Congratulations to Hull, they played us off the park at times and were really up for it, we never looked like scoring never mind winning.

An awful, awful performance from us, one out trots up to the line and non threatening kicks, we have no pace in our team at all, biggest problem is the tactics where we are so conservative it's actually costing us points.

We had 2 Hull fans with our group today and they were asking how many we would win by and all us Giants fans said it's the type of game where we will lose, we always seem to struggle against struggling sides, we said it's all set up today for us to play at our worst and Hull to take advantage, we were right, it happens so often to us, is it the players underestimating the opposition.

Lolohea and Connor had 64 assists between them last season, we've paired them up and they have 5, FIVE!!, one can only presume it's the gameplan/tactics that are stifling them, we actually looked a decent attacking side when we threw the ball around, unfortunately that was only in the last 7 or 8 minutes when we tried to nick the game.

That was probably our worst performance of the season and it was capitilised on by a good Hull performance.

Still we had a good day and a few good swallies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Well done Hull FC massive club with the IMHO in the top 3 potential for growth in SL.

If you lived in the city you wouldn't say that. 

Hull have a good fanbase and that's about it as far as positives go. Huge losses year on year, no assets, threat of eviction from Rovers sponsored MKM stadium.  And an ordinary yet expensive team despite this first win in 8.

Hull are actually in a period of cut backs with the departure of Connor, M'auu, Sneyd, Reynolds and Gale. For all the hype Clifford & Hoy are cut price replacements.

They're paying top dollar for their rent and have no security of tenure. If you want to look at the future look east.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Told everyone all along that Paul was the brains of the Watson/Rowley duo.

Agree entirely Harry.  Rowleyball was established way before Paul joined Salford and Watto.  If Watson wants to come back to Salford in a junior role behind Heggarty in the defence team, that's something we'd consider for a few moments.

• Haha 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

On 20/04/2023 at 16:42, meast said:

We should win this, but Hull have to and will win again at some point, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go down, we always SEEM to perform poorly at the cerkel!

On the other hand, Hull could have another one of those days and we smash them like most other teams seem to at home at some point.

Pah!