Fri 21st Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/23 at 19:30

I'll be honest I do actually expect Rovers to win this game.

Even now people don't seem to have caught on that Rovers are defensively a world apart from last year. Yes Saints had some grunt missing but they couldn't get out of their own half for long periods. Tom Opacic has shored up the right edge and James Batchelor is as good or better than his brother.

Jesse Sue is still suspended and he has been outstanding but the depth at Rovers with Sam Luckley and others impressing, the depth has been there to see.

Rovers have had just as many injuries as last year but this time it has been one or two games rather than months and months and all season.

Under Willie Peters every single Rover player has beaten their individual ever record for measurable personal fitness. Peters has said that he will forgive most things but world class effort every week is non negotiable.

This Rovers team is a different beast at least I hope so.

13 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I'll be honest I do actually expect Rovers to win this game.

Even now people don't seem to have caught on that Rovers are defensively a world apart from last year. Yes Saints had some grunt missing but they couldn't get out of their own half for long periods. Tom Opacic has shored up the right edge and James Batchelor is as good or better than his brother.

Jesse Sue is still suspended and he has been outstanding but the depth at Rovers with Sam Luckley and others impressing, the depth has been there to see.

Rovers have had just as many injuries as last year but this time it has been one or two games rather than months and months and all season.

Under Willie Peters every single Rover player has beaten their individual ever record for measurable personal fitness. Peters has said that he will forgive most things but world class effort every week is non negotiable.

This Rovers team is a different beast at least I hope so.

Can they win super league ?

Classic banana skin of an in-form side coming up against a home team who have better players than recent performances suggest. I’m too used to being the underdog to enjoy predicting results like this, Rovers should win but need to not get ahead of ourselves.

Play off sides win these games, so it’ll be a good test of our mindset and consistency. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

KR to win by plenty 

Cas to score a maximum of 2 tries and I will be bored by minute 28

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

17 hours ago, Szymala said:

Cas' will surely want to get off to a winning start under their newly-appointed coach. And the Robins do not have a great record at the Jungle. 

32-0 to the Tigers last season, but HKR are a different team in 2023.

Want and been able to our completely different things.

I'd predict a single Cas try, lots of weak drives down the middle and Miller repeatedly kicking the ball gently into hands of KR full back (at a fairly low altitude to ensure the kick chase can't get within 15 metres).  Whilst trying to, unsuccessfully limit the opponents to one try too.  AKA an Andy Last special!

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 21:17, DavidM said:

Can they win super league ?

Matt Peet says Rovers will definitely be in the mix but we still don't know exactly how good Rovers are.

We're beating Wigan, Saints and Leeds at home but we haven't played teams like that away yet. Willie Peters says it's all about belief.

I put a relatively modest amount on Rovers to finish top 6 when the bookies thought we were relegation fodder and offered 4/1. I won't go further than that.....for now.

6 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Want and been able to our completely different things.

I'd predict a single Cas try, lots of weak drives down the middle and Miller repeatedly kicking the ball gently into hands of KR full back (at a fairly low altitude to ensure the kick chase can't get within 15 metres).  Whilst trying to, unsuccessfully limit the opponents to one try too.  AKA an Andy Last special!

This. Absolutely everything i was going to post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

2 of the best players, c@$ by 8.

That's a lot of kickable penalties to give away

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 minute ago, doc said:

Coach confirmed, squad to relax and play for him.

Cas by 10.

Edited by doc
Double post, apologies to all!