Batley Bulldogs V Widnes Vikings MOM thread only

Morton

Woods

Buchanan

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

This is impossible, too many featured performances, it's a team game and the team won it with a 'you're getting nothing tonight' attitude . Thought Hooley, McGowan and Morton were safe as houses under kicks, Kear had a stormer for me, made every clean break we had, his best game in a Batley shirt. Walshaw drove us forward magnificently early on, Woods kicked brilliantly and had a couple of decent 40/20 efforts, White was White, Buchanan got through some graft, Hodson put in some clouting tackles, Oli didn't look out of place stepping up, every forward stood up against a pack possibly bigger than ours; can't ask for more. So nul points from me today as everybody deserved full marks.

Wow. Who to choose? 1-17 dug in and produced a result. Back 3 outstanding under the high ball and returned with interest. Centres, took the ball forward hard and worked tirelessly out of the red zone. Halves totally controlled and dominated the opposition, with great game management. Middles, overpowered their opposite numbers and laid the platform. Back rows ran tirelessly and defended well out wide. Hookers distributed the ball well with great service, as dictated by the halves. And remember, all this with 4 starting players missing. But my 3 Ws;

Woods - for the drop goal and general kicking game

White - for his line break leading to the try but also his leadership

Walshaw - for the try and many meters made after contact forcing Widnes defensive issues

• Like 1

Ill go with:

Hooley,

Gledhill,

White.

I wasn't confident going into the game with quite a few important players missing (Manning, Leak, Brown, Meadows, etc.). I gave Hooley MOM because he lifted us a couple of times with some great runs when we needed it. All the backs were solid under the high ball too. Couldn't fault any of the players at all.

Edited by M Hopkins