How far do you live in terms of miles and travel time from your team's homeground?

17 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well?

I am now about 30 plus miles and welp over an hour away Broncos....always jealous of those that live close by 

Do many of the RL owned stadia get used apart from games? Do you go?

I don't go to watch them any more TBH, but I've always been pretty close to Broncos as I live in Egham... It was only in the Barnet \ Charlton days (I only started going to games in 2000 when I moved south) when I had a longer commute

Broncos (When in England) 90 minutes from my home in a little village in Kent (Wimbledon is a ball ache)

Dragons 15 hours 🙂 (But only 35 mins from our home just over the border in Spain)

During the season will also go to at least 2 matches each at Wigan/Warrington/Leigh/Hull FC and Hull KR normally 4 hours from Kent.

Edited by ATLANTISMAN

When last domiciled in the UK, I lived in Whitby and it took just over 2 hours to drive to the City of Salford stadium. Boy, did I enjoy that beer when I got home just after midnight!

Now I live in Rethymno and it's about 2000 miles or 24 hours to get to a game. I did the journey for the 2019 GF, but it's not something I can do on a regular basis.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

19 hours ago, distantdog said:

Sadly no, I will be doing my annual month of dog sitting in the Cayman Islands. I will of course find a way of following it somehow.

Beats cayman sitting on the Isle of Dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

About 1 mile as the crow flies.  Around a 12 minute drive thanks to the absolute dog's breakfast that is Pontefract's road network. 

Bless me! Does your satnav seek out traffic jams?

Took me six minutes last month, but only because the lights were against me at the Junction and outside Lidl.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

13 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Broncos (When in England) 90 minutes from my home in a little village in Kent (Wimbledon is a ball ache)

Dragons 15 hours 🙂 (But only 35 mins from our home just over the border in Spain)

During the season will also go to at least 2 matches each at Wigan/Warrington/Leigh/Hull FC and Hull KR normally 4 hours from Kent.

Hard life being a ' kept man ' Paul ? 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Hard life being a ' kept man ' Paul ? 

Kept:) I was up working at 5am this morning 🙂 trying to get hold of a potential punter in Singapore.

At my age and with 4 children (Youngest 14 and with special needs) I have to keep going nowadays i look to Mick and Rod for inspiration + 10 years on me and still going strong.

52 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

About 10200 miles and, including getting to and from the airports, over 24 hours of travel.

If only Leigh had a train station.

10 hours ago, Griff said:

Bless me! Does your satnav seek out traffic jams?

Took me six minutes last month, but only because the lights were against me at the Junction and outside Lidl.

I live in Carleton, with only one viable route that's right through Ponte town centre (which is an absolute cluster****). I don't get as far as Lidl, there's a little short cut through to the rear of the library, where I park.

Sat Nav is for wimps, can't remember the last time I used it.

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Or running water, electricity, internet, diverse gene pool etc

What happens when you vote a Labour council.