Adam Swift to Huddersfield for 2024

Been a great signing for us, wasn't sure at first but his performances have made me realise how wrong I was initially. Apparently a replacement for McGillvary and Hull will replace Swift with Tindall from Leeds.

Best of luck to all three players.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adam-swift-set-hull-fc-8511118.amp?fbclid=IwAR3jIQNrwh2HXPyHe2W_IhkI-RSevjTd-aw2inPrNLuW8Yv-rgMqkdxVhWI

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think Swift is having one of his best seasons ever. I think Tindall is a good player but still needs some improvement. I suppose Hull are looking to the future but as a straight swap for next year it doesn't make them stronger in my opinion. However with Swift turning 30 I can understand the logic

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Been a great signing for us, wasn't sure at first but his performances have made me realise how wrong I was initially. Apparently a replacement for McGillvary and Hull will replace Swift with Tindall from Leeds.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adam-swift-set-hull-fc-8511118.amp?fbclid=IwAR3jIQNrwh2HXPyHe2W_IhkI-RSevjTd-aw2inPrNLuW8Yv-rgMqkdxVhWI

He's been excellent this season, disappointed that he's going but if he keeps putting a shift in the way he has been then he will go with his head held high. I didn't see Huddersfield being the destination tbh, although I guess it's a bit closer to home for him than Hull is.

I hope Uncle Tony has some aces up his sleeve on the signings front because the current squad is getting pulled apart.

4 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I thought Swift had said he wanted to move closer the family in St.Helens and that there was an offer on the table from Sale ? Strange move to sign for Hudds if thats the case.

St Helens to Huddersfield is about 50 miles or an hour drive (depending on M60 traffic)

St Helens to Hull is about 125 miles and almost 2.5 hours drive - subject to same traffic.

If there aren't any offers from Lancashire clubs, Huddersfield is the closest Yorkshire option. Perhaps there weren't other options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

i wasn't a fan of him at saints, he was overhyped as another saints junior, he's done well at hull though, matured into a solid dependable winger.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i wasn't a fan of him at saints, he was overhyped as another saints junior, he's done well at hull though, matured into a solid dependable winger.

Not sure how you get him being overhyped at Saints he was only ever a solid dependable winger. Made good metre with good work rate. What I would say he never let anyone down at Saints. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Not sure how you get him being overhyped at Saints he was only ever a solid dependable winger. Made good metre with good work rate. What I would say he never let anyone down at Saints. 

because as usual sky go OTT and overhype too early, Foster, Dawson, Swift, lomax and  gaskell at wakey were all the next golden generation, despite most of them having a fair few obvious deficiencies 

5 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

because as usual sky go OTT and overhype too early, Foster, Dawson, Swift, lomax and  gaskell at wakey were all the next golden generation, despite most of them having a fair few obvious deficiencies 

Dawson was never in any part of any supposed golden generation.

Foster I’ll give you but Sky were desperate to turn him into some kind of David Beckham. I don’t remember Dawson being hyped same as I said with Swift. Good luck over hyping Lomax he’s had as much input into Saints recent success as anyone. Gaskell is a funny one as I think he had the makings of a very good player he was just short of a yard of pace. 

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Foster I’ll give you but Sky were desperate to turn him into some kind of David Beckham. I don’t remember Dawson being hyped same as I said with Swift. Good luck over hyping Lomax he’s had as much input into Saints recent success as anyone. Gaskell is a funny one as I think he had the makings of a very good player he was just short of a yard of pace. 

i'm not doing lomax down, cos his career speaks for it self, but at that point, anyone under 20 that pulled a saints shirt on was the next big thing, during that transition period.

there was also that lad that made, maybe one appearance, at fb during a good friday game, nathan something?

just having a gander, that 2012 was a rough looking squad

1. Paul Wellens, 2. Ade Gardner, 3. Michael Shenton, 4. Sia Soliola, 5. Francis Meli, 6. Lance Hohaia, 7. Jonny Lomax, 8. Josh Perry, 9. James Roby, 10. Louie McCarthy Scarsbrook, 11. Tony Puletua, 12. Jon Wilkin, 13. Chris Flannery, 14. Anthony Laffranchi, 15. Mark Flanagan, 16. Paul Clough, 17. Gary Wheeler, 18. Shaun Magennis, 19. Andrew Dixon, 20. Lee Gaskell, 21. Tommy Makinson, 22. Jamie Foster, 23. Scott Hale, 24. Nathan Ashe, 25. Carl Forster, 26. Josh Jones, 27. Danny Jones, 28. Joe Greenwood, 29. Anthony Walker, 30. Jordan Hand.

Dissapointing to see him go but had heard the rumours for some time especially him going to union which would have been a shock. Hull apparently made him an improved offer and he turned it down, maybe huddersfield offered a longer deal and the slightly shorter travel time, he's coming towards the end of his career and will want it to be as stable as possible.

He will be missed at fc and if tindall is supposed to fill those boots I can only imagine tony smiths plan is going to take a bit longer to come to maturation than most fc fans would like. looks like a 3/4 year plan now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Apart from Foster and possibly Joe Greenwood I can’t see anyone else who was “overhyped” in that squad. Maybe I’m not looking at it with wire goggles on. 

Gary wheeler overhyped

I think he's sold his self short and could really have managed another season at a top club.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 12/06/2023 at 16:59, Human Punk said:

Always liked Swift at Saints, but he's been outstanding at FC this year. A really good player and a humble unassuming character who just doesn't quite reach the level of Makinson or Johnstone, but will be a great asset to the Giants.

Been superb for us and he's a better player now than at any point in his career. Really disappointed to see him go but good luck to him and he should prove to be a very good signing for Huddersfield.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I've only seen Swift on TV games but he's been impressive especially that chase across the field to smother George Williams.

Adam Pearson warned a while back that Hull's spending was unsustainable and he wasn't kidding. But the loss of high earners like Connor, Ma'u, Gale and Reynolds doesn't seem to have hurt them too much. Maybe they can get by without Swift, Satae and Dwyer too.

Liam Tindall is a promising player worth a punt.

Edited by DimmestStar
  • Like 1