Sunday 18th June: L1: Oldham V Doncaster: KO 3.00pm, Vestacare Stadium, Oldham

Bedford Roughyed

Just now, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Blew a 10 point lead. Dropped balls and mistakes let Donny in. Shame. In terms of play offs it probably doesn't matter. In terms of automatic promotion I would suggest that that's now highly unlikely. 

It will become highly unlikely next Friday 🤔

39 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Blew a 10 point lead. Dropped balls and mistakes let Donny in. Shame. In terms of play offs it probably doesn't matter. In terms of automatic promotion I would suggest that that's now highly unlikely. 

You feel confident coming to the Keepmoat?

Best we can likely achieve now is 3rd. Not sure how the playoffs work but we’ll have to go and win at Doncaster. Poor game management cost us in the 2nd half, we should have been kicking deep & making them come off their own line. We also lack defensive aggression with our 3 man tackles struggling to put the player to ground whilst theirs were driving us back. Defensive structure is good but lacks aggression. Still all to play for as we build towards the playoffs as I can see us beating Doncaster 

• Like 3

Awful second half.  Both teams started sloppy in the second but we just completely stopped playing after Wilkinson's try. We did the same against Dewsbury when we have a lead we seem to choke and not know how to control the game.

First half I thought we were a bit off with the ball but our defence on our line was great and earnt us that half time lead.  Can't see us winning on Friday now and it seems the play offs is our only hope for promotion

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Dropping Hartley and playing Rawsthorne was, in my opinion, a massive mistake. Doncaster scored four tries down his side and I'm sure they wouldn't have if Hartley had been there.

Joe Hartley certain has improved immensely. Over last season I thought he was the player who made most progress. Coming on well, the lad. Good competitor.

• Like 1

Big worry is that we could finish fourth. Hunslet are three points behind with a game in hand and we still have to play them at their place!

Still can't get yesterday's game out of my head - 22 points up and then lose. Reminders of our two summer bash games against Swinton and Rochdale.

• Like 1

That second half was the worst we have played all season. If we play like that against Dewsbury we will get a good hiding. Felt for Paga who gave absolutely everything as usual. Best we can now hope for is 3rd place. With play off rugby you just never know though.

• Like 1

Very tough one to take yesterday, the better team for majority of the game to throw it all away with the worst 20-30 minutes of the season, we seemed to completely lose our way when Whittle and Wilkinson went off and the try to make it 22-8. 

I think it will be the play offs for us now but with the comments from other clubs on this page it just tells you how far and good this team have been playing. 

I think our three quarter line were below par with the exception of Morgan, stand out performers from today where Ridyard, Kibula, Wilkinson and Whittle I don’t think we got McNally into the game as much as we usually do. Very frustrating afternoon but onto Dewsbury which will be another test for us, all the pressure on the Rams. 

• Like 1

I guess it was a great game to watch if you were a neutral. However, as an Oldham fan it is very disappointing to have led both Dewsbury and Doncaster and failed to win either.

I expected the experienced players we have brought in would have managed the games better.

Having said that credit to both Doncaster and Dewsbury for the way they played to get back in both games.

All we can do now is regroup and try and build momentum for the playoffs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Very tough one to take yesterday, the better team for majority of the game to throw it all away with the worst 20-30 minutes of the season, we seemed to completely lose our way when Whittle and Wilkinson went off and the try to make it 22-8. 

I think it will be the play offs for us now but with the comments from other clubs on this page it just tells you how far and good this team have been playing. 

I think our three quarter line were below par with the exception of Morgan, stand out performers from today where Ridyard, Kibula, Wilkinson and Whittle I don’t think we got McNally into the game as much as we usually do. Very frustrating afternoon but onto Dewsbury which will be another test for us, all the pressure on the Rams

I don't think we see it that way.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dewsbury fan in peace. This league is not over yet IMHO. Be nice to see as many of you as possible over at The Flair Stadium on Friday. I honestly think it is going to be a cracker! We need a strong Oldham RLFC. Stick with it and support Fordy and the new board. Safe travels to all supporters this Friday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1