State of Origin 2

19 minutes ago, MZH said:

One of the worst quality origin games I've seen. Luai looks like a competition winner.

yep - very uninspiring stuff - bring back a test series

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, MZH said:

NSW couldn't score if they kept playing until game 3.

Talk about commentators curse. I'd literally just hit send on that and guess what happened 😅

Hopefully they can kick on and at least give us a bit of interest in the last 20 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's been a horrible grubby game this. They ignore far too much in play. The commentators are awful too calling for the ref to ignore foul play. 

Give o'er I miss the origin of the 80's/90's, nothing today comes anywhere near those games for intensity.

• Like 3

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Give o'er I miss the origin of the 80's/90's, nothing today comes anywhere near those games for intensity.

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing. 

The amount of interference at the PTB today that was ignored was difficult to watch. 

I enjoyed the match, but the stuff they ignore does affect the game an awful lot imo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing. 

The amount of interference at the PTB today that was ignored was difficult to watch. 

I enjoyed the match, but the stuff they ignore does affect the game an awful lot imo. 

Sorry Dave I misread your post, I thought you may have been referring to some of the sanitised rules we have today, in my opinion those that were allowed or ignored to keep the game flowing, yes it was brutal at times but also great to watch.

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Usual story. Queensland really care and New South Wales don't really care.

I can't wait for someone to stick a microphone in front of Andrew Johns and say that NSW don't have the same spirit as Queensland. I don't dislike him, but seeing him seethe with anger makes me laugh...

Edited by CrushersForever

NSW way off. Freddy will be gone. Way too many wrong selections and bad organisation.

I'm going to be controversial on two counts and say that I felt Holmes didn't have control of the ball for his first 4-pointer and that Fifita's pass was OK out of the hands. It was one of those ones that wobbled forward in flight, with the tackle impact also making it look very iffy. Pausing it at the point of release one can see that it looks a backwards pass.

I agree on the messing around in the PtB and holding, slowing down, etc. Some pretty obvious instances of those tactics that detracted from the game today.

Edited by StandOffHalf

If Fittler survives this then someone in the NSW hierarchy is making a lot of money betting on Queensland.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris