Thur 29th Jun : SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/23 at 19:30

16 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Bit harsh advocating for the coach to go. The team were crowned chapions only 8 weeks ago

This is no more funny when you say it than when the Huddersfield fans do.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Hull KR beat Leigh and Hull FC.

Leigh beat Castleford

Salford beat Wakefield and Leeds

Saints beat Cas and Warrington

Wigan beat Huddersfield and Wakefield.

If those results come in over this weekend and next, Warrington are in 7th. 

Of those 9 games, only Leigh v Rovers requires a team lower to beat a team higher. And I'd say only 3 games are 50/50 (Leigh/Rovers, FC/Rovers, Salford/Leeds).

Warrington are potentially in a lot of trouble.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Not many times even in the Sinfield era that Leeds won away at Wigan, Saints and Wire in the same season.

If they hadn't lost to Wakefield and Cas they'd be second in the table 🙄

Like they say if my Auntie had a pair she would be my uncle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Judging on that 40 minutes, Dufty is never a half as long as we have holes in our hoops. 

Awful decision by Powell to put him in the halves where he has to defend in the line. Everyone (bar Powell) can see Dufty defends like a 3Yr old girl and tries everything he can to get out of the way of making tackles so why on earth would you put him in such a key position in the defensive line. Its no wonder Leeds were strolling through every time down that Wire right edge.

It took Dufy over 70mins to realise he had to try and make it look like he had to put in a tackle, and even then he got it wrong 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

8 hours ago, Just Browny said:

This is no more funny when you say it than when the Huddersfield fans do.

It's a really great effort from Meast and Ragingbull on every Wire match thread. It's not quite a 'it's their year', but it is very good work from them. 

Edited by Dave T

51 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Leigh beat Castleford

Of those 9 games, only Leigh v Rovers requires a team lower to beat a team higher. And I'd say only 3 games are 50/50 (Leigh/Rovers, FC/Rovers, Salford/Leeds).

The table is very condensed isn't it. 

It's a really odd situation for the team to be in, we are an absolute car crash at the moment, yet are in 2nd place (not for long), and the coach has to be in genuine danger of losing his job. 

A big issue is that he doesn't instill any confidence that he knows what he is doing. His selections are all over the ace, and he moves them around so much actually in game too. 

It's no surprise that our attack is so disjointed when you have had Ratch, Matautia, Dufty named at halves in recent weeks, and then during the match you have Clarke playing there. 

It's all a bit of a mess really, and that does sit with the coach. He kept using an excuse last year that he was having a clear out, but as the season goes on, it is clear that we are now worse than when he took over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Leigh beat Castleford

Decent analysis this Wellsy - well done

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's a really odd situation for the team to be in, we are an absolute car crash at the moment, yet are in 2nd place (not for long), and the coach has to be in genuine danger of losing his job. 

A big issue is that he doesn't instill any confidence that he knows what he is doing. His selections are all over the ace, and he moves them around so much actually in game too. 

It's no surprise that our attack is so disjointed when you have had Ratch, Matautia, Dufty named at halves in recent weeks, and then during the match you have Clarke playing there. 

It's all a bit of a mess really, and that does sit with the coach. He kept using an excuse last year that he was having a clear out, but as the season goes on, it is clear that we are now worse than when he took over. 

For sure you watch Warrington more than I do but whilst they couldn't create a try last night they did camp out in Leeds 10/20 for good parts of the game.   I do think Williams would have made a huge difference.

Apart from Leeds purple patch Warrington made plenty of yards and contained Leeds reasonably well. Although Leeds did break the line a few times but Warrington scrambled back well.

Yes the attack was not functioning well and the big fellow made a few unforced errors I've seen worse performances from other teams.

Whats the major difference between last night and the absolute hammering with pace, power and clinical taking of opportunities in abundance they gave Leeds in the first game.

Edited by redjonn

5 minutes ago, redjonn said:

For sure you watch Warrington more than I do but whilst they couldn't create a try last night they did camp out in Leeds 10/20 for good parts of the game.   I do think Williams would have made a huge difference.

Apart from Leeds purple patch Warrington made plenty of yards and contained Leeds reasonably well. Although Leeds did break the line a few times but Warrington scrambled back well.

Yes the attack was not functioning well and the big fellow made a few unforced errors I've seen worse performances from other teams.

Whats the major difference between last night and the absolute hammering with pace, power and clinical taking of opportunities in abundance they gave Leeds in the first game.

It wasn't horrendous, thats true. But it's the last three games now where we have failed to score in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It wasn't horrendous, thats true. But it's the last three games now where we have failed to score in the first half. 

To add to this - 6 times this year we have gone a whole half without scoring a point. We have also a few other games where we have scored maybe one try or so. 

23 minutes ago, redjonn said:

As a neutral as well I'd broadly agree with this - I know it's ifs and buts but after Leeds' flying start (some great play that would have cut through most defences IMO) it was a fairly even game. Wire made some shocking errors, individual knock ons and forward passes that, realistically can't be blamed on any set of tactics particularly. Had they nailed the basics at least, I think they were well in that game, so I'm not convinced they're as bad as people are making out - although as redjonn said, there'll be Wire fans who watch them more closely and frequently.

2 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

he looked like an old man getting up off the floor during the warm up, honestly, he had limited mobility.

Yeah, that was clear, I think he got tackled once and he didn't look great with the collision. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. 

It is odd that Powell has been singing the praises of PM yet still moved him out to the centres again, if he was so happy with him at 6, surely Drinkwater returning would have helped him be even better? 

I think Powell is over thinking it, trying to be too clever and tbh just confusing the team. I was never sure who was leading the team around, was it Drinkwater, Matautia, Clarke, Dufty, Walker? In fact, it was nobody. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Strangest season ever 

I was there for the demolition of Leeds and was convinced Vaughan and Williams would be lifting something up at the end of the year 

Remarkable...Powell looks a broken man ready for retirement 

12 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Strangest season ever 

I was there for the demolition of Leeds and was convinced Vaughan and Williams would be lifting something up at the end of the year 

Best composer of the 20th century?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Best composer of the 20th century?

Given Wire fans hopes of a title always go up in smoke the Vaughan Williams signature piece "Fantasia" seem appropriate 😂 

• Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

31 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Strangest season ever 

The challenge is how you respond when you have a bit of adversity, and tbh, we have failed that test miserably.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Toppy said:

Given Wire fans hopes of a title always go up in smoke the Vaughan Williams signature piece "Fantasia" seem appropriate 😂 

And Powell is Eric Morecambe playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

10 hours ago, meast said:

Some wire fans on here were gloating in March and April and are now getting uppity as folk are poking fun at them for it, I mean fancy using Huddersfield's lack of crowds as a put down 😂

Anyway, what was the situation with Powell in the box thing last night?

Any more said about it?

If you could quote that, your posts may make sense. 

Tbh your posts are nonsense. Most Wire fans went into the season believing the first 6 weeks were make or break as to whether Powell would keep his job. 

What exactly were people gloating about? 

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1