Oldham away

Peter Winthorpe

After our performance against a poor Midlands team are we more encouraged for an away game at Oldham.

We now have good pace on the field, and inspiration in the 9 and 7 shirts, and a calming influence with Carl back.

We are missing a few forwards but seem to have some depth thre also. I think we will be competitive at least and the lads must be growing in confidence.

• Like 6

Just hoping our missing forwards don’t have too much influence on todays game. We have looked organised and sharp the last couple of games, it’s a tough one but I’m confident we will dig in and give it a go as per usual. Is Stevie fit for this one ? Best of luck lads, UTT

11 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Just hoping our missing forwards don’t have too much influence on todays game. We have looked organised and sharp the last couple of games, it’s a tough one but I’m confident we will dig in and give it a go as per usual. Is Stevie fit for this one ? Best of luck lads, UTT

Stevie is on HIA stand down.

4 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I think it's been postponed, according to the BBC site. But don't quote me 

A decision will be made about whether the game goes ahead at 4pm.

Workington are currently stuck in traffic and we will keep fans updated.

7 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Poor. This accident happened early this morning at Jc31, they should have rerouted

Give over, it’s affected a lot of folk, other roads are rammed with traffic too as people look for alternative routes. Featherstone haven’t arrived at Haven yet, nor have some of the travelling Haven players or the match officials. They’ve provisionally said kick off delayed to 4.15 but that’s in doubt.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Poor. This accident happened early this morning at Jc31, they should have rerouted

Silly comment, we’ve all been stuck in traffic at some point. Sometimes it clears in a few minutes.

They had no way of knowing when they set off this morning that they would still be stuck now and it isn’t that easy to pull off at parts of the M6.

I’ve just read that they aren’t expecting the M6 to reopen until 6.30pm at the earliest so it must have been a terrible crash.

4 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Silly comment, we’ve all been stuck in traffic at some point. Sometimes it clears in a few minutes.

They had no way of knowing when they set off this morning that they would still be stuck now and it isn’t that easy to pull off at parts of the M6.

I’ve just read that they aren’t expecting the M6 to reopen until 6.30pm at the earliest so it must have been a terrible crash.

Milk tanker apparently.

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

They were stuck in the traffic, do you think they should have lifted it up and carried it across some fields?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

They were stuck in the traffic, do you think they should have lifted it up and carried it across some fields?

It’s like that old radio report ‘ for those just leaving home there’s heavy traffic so leave earlier ‘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brookie said:

Poor? there was also an accident on our alternative route. You never have anything positive to say. Do you go to any away matches? I was stuck on one of the supporters busses so I can talk with experience. Stupid comment from you again.

• Like 5

On 27/06/2023 at 20:45, Peter Winthorpe said:

After our performance against a poor Midlands team are we more encouraged for an away game at Oldham.

We now have good pace on the field, and inspiration in the 9 and 7 shirts, and a calming influence with Carl back.

We are missing a few forwards but seem to have some depth thre also. I think we will be competitive at least and the lads must be growing in confidence.

That poor Midlands team (they were) were only 7 min away from beating Dewsbury. Bonkers 😳

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Surely there is no need to go mid-week , with our lack of fixtures in this division , bound to be a spare week-end somewhere in the calender .

Oldham have free weekends 23rd July and 30th July

Workington free weekends 16th July and 20th August

Unfortunately they don't match up with each other.

The only free weekend for both is the Challenge Cup final weekend if the RFL would let the match take place then.

Wednesday 19th July might be a sensible option if it has to be midweek - Town have the weekend before off and Oldham have the weekend after off, so that might not impact the players as much as other weeks.

• Like 1