Toulouse v Fev

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Apparently the match with Fev at home, won’t be played there because of the Union World Cup. Not great for fans who may have already booked to go. 

The match will be played in an other stadium 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Apparently the match with Fev at home, won’t be played there because of the Union World Cup. Not great for fans who may have already booked to go. 

This is the announcement today

https://www.to13.com/a-la-une/le-to-prepare-une-mini-tournee-pour-cet-ete/?fbclid=IwAR3tiseRUAi1njgmu5h47UbhAbOTLPvQclZ4OPl2oL6hsN1yBm4D69V66XI

The Swinton and Barrow matches will be affected too. 

7 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

The match will be played in an other stadium 

I guess, maybe Albi or Carcassonne or maybe St. Gaudens. I would think that TO will put on some buses for people who have already booked to be in Toulouse those weekends. I wouldn't have thought there would be a huge number coming from Barrow anyway.

A bit shambolic by Toulouse to announce this with only 7 weeks to go before the first match. It’s not like they didn’t know there is a World Cup going on. I hope they do make amends by putting transport on. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

A bit shambolic by Toulouse to announce this with only 7 weeks to go before the first match. It’s not like they didn’t know there is a World Cup going on. I hope they do make amends by putting transport on. 

Maybe they didn’t know they wouldn’t be able to play at their own ground until now? Unless there’s a WC fixture in the stadium on the same day, in which case fair enough. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

This is a bit poop. They can't take it out of the city at 2 month's notice. Tons of folk have already booked and in most cases, it'll be non refundable. 

Hopefully they'll play it at Blagnac. 

Not sure how many would have already booked for a match in mid-september.

I'm not sure what is happening to be honest as looking at the matches in Toulouse for the WC, they only start 10th September so the Featherstone match should really be the only one truly affected. As it's Stade Toulousaine that have the final say, then all I can think of that the Japanese team get priority over the whole of the stadium from Mid-August, which is a bit ###### to be honest. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe they didn’t know they wouldn’t be able to play at their own ground until now? Unless there’s a WC fixture in the stadium on the same day, in which case fair enough. 

I had heard just after the fixtures came out that there was a RU World Cup game on the night before so accommodation could be limited that’s why I decided against going. Would have made more sense to have swapped the fixtures then and played in Toulouse a couple of weeks ago and at Fev in September.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Not sure how many would have already booked for a match in mid-september

The majority have already booked. Flights are cheaper the earlier you book. I know several folk that booked as soon as the fixtures came out. I booked in February. Luckily, my hotel is refundable but many won’t be. Like everyone else, my flights will be a write-off.

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

I guess, maybe Albi or Carcassonne or maybe St. Gaudens. I would think that TO will put on some buses for people who have already booked to be in Toulouse those weekends. I wouldn't have thought there would be a huge number coming from Barrow anyway.

Does it matter if 10 or 1000 away fans  have booked to go it's poor announcing it so late and not even  knowing where the match will be played. 

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Just had a message from TOXIII on Twitter. Fev game will be played somewhere in the city.

Panic over. Hopefully it’s Blagnac, nice little ground and a couple of nice bars on the way in.

No worries if that is the case, plus it will negate a little of their home advantage.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Could be, that they didn’t know, but if they did, they should forfeit home advantage for these 3 matches and reimburse costs for any fans who have booked flights etc. Like I said, maybe it’s not their fault though.

Yes, that sounds like a proportionate reaction 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Toulouse have at least 2 other home grounds in the city, it'll be fine. In fact, they're probably better suited to Championship rugby. Stade des Minimes is their long-term home hopefully it'll be there, it's got a great bar on a raised platform in one corner, nothing better than watching the match from there sat on a bar stool!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

33 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Just had a message from TOXIII on Twitter. Fev game will be played somewhere in the city.

Panic over. Hopefully it’s Blagnac, nice little ground and a couple of nice bars on the way in.

Having seen that tweet, must say it was an impressive demonstration of Google translate usage the polyglot capabilities of the average Fev fan. 😃
Formidable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tec said:

Does it matter if 10 or 1000 away fans  have booked to go it's poor announcing it so late and not even  knowing where the match will be played. 

I think they've only just been told that the ground will be off limits, hence not having an alternate in place.  I don't like the fact that the other two matches in August are equally affected, makes no sense to me.  They should have a contingency in place anyway I would have thought... just in case... normal business resilience etc. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Having seen that tweet, must say it was an impressive demonstration of Google translate usage the polyglot capabilities of the average Fev fan. 😃
Formidable!

😂😂😂

Learned it all from Tricolore at Carleton High in the 80s, honest😉

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Haha 1