Sat 8th - Sun 9th Jul: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Given Fax's preference for a dry track, I'm assuming it's raining in Batley. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Given Fax's preference for a dry track, I'm assuming it's raining in Batley. 🤣

Must admit I was surprised at the strength of the anti-Grix feelings on Fax social media recently but after that result it's hard to see how how his position is tenable given expectations, unless they simply can't afford to sack him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Sheffield's Halafih sent off after 27 minutes but currently 30-12 up against Barrow with 5 left.

No Sammut for 4 more games, could be tricky for the Raiders now. 3 away games at Haven, Keighley and Newcastle could well determine if they stay up. Overall the run in isn't too bad with home v Swinton and York too, but the pressure will be on.

36-18 FT

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

We have a habit of getting opposition coaches fired...

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 minute ago, Cougarmaniac said:

Cougars look doomed. Can't see where our next points are coming from. How Jy-mel Coleman is still in a job is beyond me.  An absolute shining example of how NOT to execute a Championship campaign.

What happenend to finishing the season as the highest placed team with a BD post code? 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cougarmaniac said:

Cougars look doomed. Can't see where our next points are coming from. How Jy-mel Coleman is still in a job is beyond me.  An absolute shining example of how NOT to execute a Championship campaign.

Barrow are pretty much in the same boat.

• Like 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

1 minute ago, Ragingbull said:

What happenend to finishing the season as the highest placed team with a BD post code? 

Boring you said that last week, don't forget you never know what's round the corner for any team.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Sheffield's Halafih sent off after 27 minutes but currently 30-12 up against Barrow with 5 left.

No Sammut for 4 more games, could be tricky for the Raiders now. 3 away games at Haven, Keighley and Newcastle could well determine if they stay up. Overall the run in isn't too bad with home v Swinton and York too, but the pressure will be on.

Don't think Keighley will win another game this season so one more win will keep you up 

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

And Haven,on & off the pitch.

Apparently 3 players have walked out ahead of a pending announcement about the club’s financial situation.

• Sad 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

22 minutes ago, Cougarmaniac said:

It was going great until the owners had a complete meltdown. That has completely derailed what was going to be a successful first campaign in the championship 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Apparently 3 players have walked out ahead of a pending announcement about the club’s financial situation.

Yeah doesn’t look good,talk of not being able to finish the season.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah doesn’t look good,talk of not being able to finish the season.

Well it is their turn in the everdecreasing circle of West Cumbrian RL.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

18 minutes ago, Derwent said:

If that is the case and I have no reason to doubt you, I hope you can get yourselves sorted. Your fans were a credit to Whitehaven today.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

But add to that...

I can't believe that a side that has shipped 36 points at home to a team with a terrible away record will reach the Championship final.

I can't believe a team that has lost by wide margins to York, Keighley and Barrow will reach the Championship final.

I can't believe that a team that got thrashed 42-14 by Widnes will reach the Championship  final.

I can't believe that a team that lost 36-0 at Sheffield will reach the Championship final.

I can't believe that a team that conceded 40 points at home to Whitehaven will reach the final

But that's the current top 6 that we have just described!

Where's us?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

22 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Well it is their turn in the everdecreasing circle of West Cumbrian RL.

Not good for Haven, they’re fans and definitely not good for Rugby League. Hope things aren’t really as bad as is being portrayed.

• Like 1