Sat 8th Jul: SL: Catalans Dragons v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:00

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/23 at 18:30

22 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One of the worst ref performance ever back on the flight with the Giants brown envelopes all round shocking 

It wasn't Kendall by any chance was it? 

That's our main fear going to Shudds next week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

39 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

One of the worst ref performance ever back on the flight with the Giants brown envelopes all round shocking 

Oops. Think you will be in trouble with that post. What's he done now?

Makes it very interesting for Wakey and Cas, on this weeks performances you would have to say Cas look like the most likely for the drop, but who would have predicted Huddersfield going to the Dragons and coming away with a win? The only thing we can say for certain this year is Leigh have performed way above what even the most optimistic of us could have predicted. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

In the full glare of the public view, now is your opportunity to provide full detail. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meast said:

So it was the refs fault?

Grow up the lot of you.

That ref plays it as he sees it as every other ref does no question, but that same ref seems to get more flack for inconsistencies than any other ref does, yet he still seems to get all the top games, he obviously as his supporters at the top level but not with the fans of the clubs - most clubs.

I went to a French RL forum and not one mentioned the ref. They all were disappointed about the performance of the Dragons and felt the Giants deserved their win. I was impressed by their fairness and not seeking excuses. 

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Anyone can beat anyone this year in SL. Catalans have not had their ‘slump’ yet. 

They deserve top spot, but certainly not unbeatable. Lots of twists and turns before the seasons out for sure !

The Dragons should have beaten Huddersfield with the team that they had.

However do not forget that the Dragons were without star half and playmaker Mitchell Pearce, and their excellent prop signing Sio Siua Taukeiaho, plus their half Sam Tomkins. When they return the team will be much stronger.

Edited by Bradman Better

Got back late last night after another belting weekend in the wonderful city of Perpignan.

I said to my mates at 2.30 am on the way to Birmingham airport we would win, i always feel Catalans away is a game we will win for some reason, we were by far the better team and you could see the confidence grow after every big tackle/ every set of 6 defended and every attacking play that came off, i actually said at the game even though the result was close i didn't for one moment in the 2nd half think we were ever gonna lose the game, we strangled them in the 2nd half.

I wonder if the fact we weren't under pressure to get anything this weekend and Wakey winning actually spurred our guys on as that was 1million times better than the last 8 weeks.

Even the Catalans fans were applauding our defence in the end.

God knows where the stuff about the ref come from, we felt Catalans were very lucky with what looked like 2 pretty bad tip tackles and plenty of messing around by the dragons going unpunished, no decisions by the officials had any baring on that result at all.

As always the fans at the ground and in the tete en fete food festival and in town into the early hours very gracious in defeat.

Any way bring on the rejuvanated Pussies!!!!

Edited by daz39