Sun 16th Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/23 at 14:30

In the usual characteristic Big City entitled immodesty, defeat here will feel like the Visigoths sacking Rome in 410 for some Reds.

It would seem the play off march had been thwarted.

Civilisation collapsed.

The Orcs ascended, led by a Leopard head wearing Chieftain.

Personally with the "Yorkshire Super League" at the table's basement and Solly's attainment of the seemingly 20 points of safety, it feels structure overshadows scores.

Fund raising achieved, council loan gained, co ownership built on, Foundation flourishing, Stadium to be sorted, attendances arising, revenue streams expanding and debt being resolved.

Unlike Rome, this "Empire" is going from rust and iron to gold.

So anything good on field seems like a bonus with the necessary job done.

Leythers have already sold 1000.  I am looking forward to this. Whether I do afterwards is another matter🤷

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not confident either way on this one. Leigh are probably favourites, but will they have just half an eye on the cup next week knowing they are well places in the league and that defeat isn't a disaster? Hopefully a Leopards win to keep the top 6 race nice and tight.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Salford are better team and have beaten them twice so Salford win for me

League positions contradict that Stanley, of the two previous victories for Salford the first was against a virtual brand new Leigh team playing together for the first time in R1, the second win for Salford by 2 points in R8 when Salford were most probably in their best form this season, we are now 10 games further on and whilst Leigh's form has been excellent not the same can be attributed to Salford, on form Leigh win this game.

Actually, Salford are my second team, I have gone to watch them on numerous occasions when there has been no fixture clash with Leigh, and this will be one of the few occasions in a season when I want Salford to come second in a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

League positions contradict that Stanley, of the two previous victories for Salford the first was against a virtual brand new Leigh team playing together for the first time in R1, the second win for Salford by 2 points in R8 when Salford were most probably in their best form this season 

As was Mr Moore's in the second game Harry , it would seem his form has been dropping if last week's game was anything to go by ? 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

League positions contradict that Stanley, of the two previous victories for Salford the first was against a virtual brand new Leigh team playing together for the first time in R1, the second win for Salford by 2 points in R8 when Salford were most probably in their best form this season, we are now 10 games further on and whilst Leigh's form has been excellent not the same can be attributed to Salford, on form Leigh win this game.

Actually, Salford are my second team, I have gone to watch them on numerous occasions when there has been no fixture clash with Leigh, and this will be one of the few occasions in a season when I want Salford to come second in a game.

Harry if so, you are always welcomed in the West Stand at Salford. 

I hear Thaler is the ref, which is gratifying. More so that it isn't one of the Chuckle brothers, Father Jack or the Mint Cake whose presence would erm distract from the rugby.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Harry if so, you are always welcomed in the West Stand at Salford. 

I hear Thaler is the ref, which is gratifying. More so that it isn't one of the Chuckle brothers, Father Jack or the Mint Cake whose presence would erm distract from the rugby.

Aaron is ' on the wing ' 😉

• Confused 1

Well if "Good times Zak" isn't playing, he'll happily be the day's pantomime villain.

Judging by last week, he couldn't response to the chortle of "Its behind you" or to his side or his front if it was wearing "Tricher Revie" all white.

While we are here, someone posted that the ref and forthcoming comedy music hallesque bad guy was harassed after the game last Sunday.

We park right in front of the main entrance and watched the highly capable and respected official walk from the ground with his colleagues to their modest cars unmolested by supporters or media. (But guilt hopefully)

Certainly no silliness. 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

I've changed my mind on the result of the game on Sunday as I'm so impressed by the convincing arguments put to this forum by the Leotards fans as to why Salford needn't show up beacuse Leigh are so much better and a whopping 4 points further up the table!

Leigh by a massive score is a certainty and you Leythers can relax as Sunday is a foregone conclussion.

😙

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

It will be a great game and hopefully a great Crowd.

I feel Leigh will pinch it as we owe them one, but they are always good games v Salford. Great honest fans and I hope both make the top 6 comfortably.

A draw wouldnt go amiss with Leigh coming out of the game unscathed.

2 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

I've changed my mind on the result of the game on Sunday as I'm so impressed by the convincing arguments put to this forum by the Leotards fans as to why Salford needn't show up beacuse Leigh are so much better and a whopping 4 points further up the table!

Leigh by a massive score is a certainty and you Leythers can relax as Sunday is a foregone conclussion.

😙

Didn't you predict a wider margin than anyone else Pete, you must be really confident by that statement.

Is south car park at AJ Bell any good for Leigh fans, appears to be available (£7-50 😳) and dont fancy much walking to ground - we’ve got north stand tickets

first away game of season but gotta back the club and whats it’s achieving here