Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Chill out, yobs being yobs should rightly be called out.

Funny how they aren’t very often when it isn’t Hull KR eh? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Sorry guys. I just think the pain of losing in the final will be so much more beautiful.

Especially if they fail to score any points again.

The spectre of Tommy Briscoe is there to haunt them again as well 😄

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, meast said:

Flipping heck what a DG that was, what a finish.

Congratulations to Rovers, with them and Leigh at Wembley we can expect the game to rake in millions and overtake football as the dominant sport in the world.

There'll also be more toothless grins than empty seats at Huddersfield 🙂 

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans,you need to get help.too many knocks on your head by cow bells

• Like 1

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I thought direct contact with the head from the shoulder was an instant card these days? The ref said he was falling on the second one so only a penalty. First one was because of the force and direct contact. 

Only a few weeks back the very same ref in a televised game gave a player 10 mins for head contact, and on resting him said - or words to this effect - "I know he was falling but you cannot make contact with a players head, off you go" 

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only a few weeks back the very same ref in a televised game gave a player 10 mins for head contact, and on resting him said - or words to this effect - "I know he was falling but you cannot make contact with a players head, off you go" 

I was under the impression that contact with the head, deliberate, accidental or careless, resulting in the tackled player being affected meant the perpetrator leaving the field with a yellow or red card depending on the referee’s interpretation of the incident. 🤷🏼

49 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I do think it could easily have been yellow, but the angles weren't amazing, and initial contact may have been a head clash. I think it'll be looked at. 

12 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Not forgetting Leigh players all being promised a trip to Vegas seemingly off the cap. There are obviously ways to use your money to make players lives better. 

...by letting them stay in Vegas rather than coming back to Leigh.😀😀

• Haha 1

The game is over. Hull KR won, we lost.  Pointless arguing over the ref, various decisions etc. Let HKR fans celebrate. Let them look forward to their day in the sun at Wembley.

Now, can we all just calm down and get on with the job of extracting the urine from some of the more prominent Leigh disciples on here.😀😀😀😀

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do think it could easily have been yellow, but the angles weren't amazing, and initial contact may have been a head clash. I think it'll be looked at. 

So in every game, every head contact results in a yellow or red card?

I have watched a lot of games this year, but have failed to notice that being applied. I must watch more carefully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah, I can understand the argument for the first one being a yellow (although I think red was the right call), but the 2nd one was certainly a yellow card. Yes, the player was twisting in the tackle but the defender has a responsibility not to be reckless. In any other game, or certainly one where there hadn't already been a send off, a player would get 10 mins for that. The ref clearly didn't want one side to be down to 11 men. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Sorry guys. I just think the pain of losing in the final will be so much more beautiful.

Especially if they fail to score any points again.

I can well imagine how delicious that was, I'd have loved it the other way around 🤣

Different times now though eh. That Chester-coached Rovers side was lucky to make a final, when I look back at the team sheet it's night and day compared to now, same on the coaching staff. Leigh deserve their position in the Super League table so I guess rightly favourites, but there's no way a Willie Peters side gets battered by anyone, in any final, by 50 points. Much more steel in the boys this season, as we saw yesterday. That'll do me, happy with the progress we're making.

Think Rovers could have been Top 4 this season had we not had those couple of months without Abdul until we sorted his replacement 2 weeks ago. That's sport though. I think a key factor in Leigh's season has been their ability to keep most of their best 17 on the pitch. Maybe their conditioning team are worth a look at. 

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I was referring to we Leythers also pay rates.

But you amaze me in that you find it nessacary to look up and make posts such as this, pretty sad really.

You pay your tax to Wigan council. There is no Wigan & Leigh Council.

It took no time to look up and a few seconds to paste the address. 

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yeah, I can understand the argument for the first one being a yellow (although I think red was the right call), but the 2nd one was certainly a yellow card. Yes, the player was twisting in the tackle but the defender has a responsibility not to be reckless. In any other game, or certainly one where there hadn't already been a send off, a player would get 10 mins for that. The ref clearly didn't want one side to be down to 11 men. 

I don't think Miski with whom the head clash occurred was being reckless, he was moving in to join the tackle and the tackled man was flung into him as he was thrown and twisted around in the tackle and their heads clashed. The head contact was completely accidental but I do think the tackle could have warranted a yellow for French and I would expect French to pick up a ban when it is reviewed. I would be surprised if anything was done to Miski for what was IMO an accidental clash of heads. Apparently the ref mentioned the head contact when asked by Hull KR but I do think it was the tackle itself rather than the head clash that is the issue with that incident.

4 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I can well imagine how delicious that was, I'd have loved it the other way around 🤣

Different times now though eh. That Chester-coached Rovers side was lucky to make a final, when I look back at the team sheet it's night and day compared to now, same on the coaching staff. Leigh deserve their position in the Super League table so I guess rightly favourites, but there's no way a Willie Peters side gets battered by anyone, in any final, by 50 points. Much more steel in the boys this season, as we saw yesterday. That'll do me, happy with the progress we're making.

Think Rovers could have been Top 4 this season had we not had those couple of months without Abdul until we sorted his replacement 2 weeks ago. That's sport though. I think a key factor in Leigh's season has been their ability to keep most of their best 17 on the pitch. Maybe their conditioning team are worth a look at. 

Wembley is the biggest one off game there is! Now I may be tempting fate here with Leigh travelling down the road to Wigan on Saturday for a League game and the small matter of It being 14 days away from Wembley for the players, I think that will make Wigan firm favourites, had the situation been reversed I would have made Leigh firm favourites.

But back to Wembley, as a Leigh fan I fear HKR much more than I do Wigan, do a job on French and Field and you annul 50% of Wigan's attacking threat as you did yesterday, not so with HKR they have a far more expansive game plan and threats all over the pitch, it should be one hell of a game if both teams turn up with the right attitude, plenty for the coaches to contemplate in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Can't blame Wigan fans for not going, observing the 2 week weather forecast and being allocated the open end with no cover, who wants pay around £30 to stand in torrential rain for 2 hours, there are many other grounds more adequately designed to keep the ALL the spectators/viewers dry and comfortable, Headingley is not one of those.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Reckon that was an 8,000 vs 2,500 split at best. Shame Wigan didn't bring more - it's closer to Leeds than Hull is...!!

Giving them the West Terrace though when they could have been in the western end of the South Stand was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

For me it was one of those that could have been yellow or red but there was a clear case for sending Shorrocks off.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.