The 2024 Kit Thread

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Not even that, I just don't think it's as good as the versions on display in the video. The cross is too broad for my preference and the quarters too obviously uneven. But it is a very nice shirt overall.

I saw my first Broncos game in '99 - they weren't wearing the quarters at all that year.

I also agree that my personal preference would have been similar to the old quarters on show, rather than the cross. My point was more that there are apparently multiple pale imitation shirts this year, and generally a re-creation is never going to better the original in the eyes of those fans lived through the original.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Still no main shirt sponsor - But it looks a lot better than the first picture of it and my opinion of it originally. 

I think it looks pretty slick and hopefully we can get a shirt sponsor to go on it during the season.

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Whoever put that together deserves a medal for getting so much out of so little. I still think the shirt looks like it's crying out for a sponsor in that big old space on the front - unlike some single colour kits that somehow make a virtue out of lacking one.

TBH, we're at the point where they should just choose a local charity and have them there.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A pretty horrible set of kits this year....... really struggling to find any designs with merit..........Toulouse is the best I'd say.

Bradford's is simple and decent enough.........nice to see Cas back in Amber and Black rather than dodgy West Tigers rip off colours........My team Fev have revived a kit design from 34 years ago but forgot to put anything on the back.

I remember moaning about the lack of high profile brands in the game when nearly every club had ISC kits.    Now most teams have OXEN or Ellgren I wish we still had ISC 😂

I'd hope IMG are working on getting some cooler brands interested........New Era caps would be a start.

Special mention goes to Wigan for giving their neighbours Leigh a run for their money........Those 3 new Wigan Kappa kits are terrible but Leigh are still top dogs (or Leopards) when it comes to bad jerseys........somehow this years Leigh kits look less amateurish but more ugly 😂

• Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

3 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

I'd hope IMG are working on getting some cooler brands interested........New Era caps would be a start.

Hull KR always have a nice selection of New Era caps and bobble hats, it can be done. Not cheap though. 

3 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Hull KR always have a nice selection of New Era caps and bobble hats, it can be done. Not cheap though. 

Aye, Warrington have New Era stuff, and so did RLWC2021 too

9 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

A pretty horrible set of kits this year....... really struggling to find any designs with merit..........Toulouse is the best I'd say.

Bradford's is simple and decent enough.........nice to see Cas back in Amber and Black rather than dodgy West Tigers rip off colours........My team Fev have revived a kit design from 34 years ago but forgot to put anything on the back.

I remember moaning about the lack of high profile brands in the game when nearly every club had ISC kits.    Now most teams have OXEN or Ellgren I wish we still had ISC 😂

Special mention goes to Wigan for giving their neighbours Leigh a run for their money........Those 3 new Wigan Kappa kits are terrible but Leigh are still top dogs (or Leopards) when it comes to bad jerseys........somehow this years Leigh kits look less amateurish but more ugly 😂

Hull and HKR's home shirts are pretty good and London's away is smart but overall you're pretty accurate. 

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

Aye, Warrington have New Era stuff, and so did RLWC2021 too

I remember that.........typical Rugby League.

NewEra was the official headwear supplier but couldn't use any countries' official branding 🙄 

England Below

s-l1600.jpg

I think they'd have sold a lot more of these with the actual England badge on.

8 hours ago, Ordell Robbie said:

Hull and HKR's home shirts are pretty good and London's away is smart but overall you're pretty accurate. 

I like how Hull rarely mess with their home kit........it's how it should be IMO.

Most of the NRL clubs keep their home designs pretty much the same every season too.

It helps build brand recognition in a sport that has very little.