Wembley ....3 games is a lot without leaving stadium

We plan on watching all 3 games but...

It starts at midday and finishes about 7pm? 

We want to see the BoxPark stuff too and maybe eat in there for lunch 

I've never tried before but is it possible to leave and re enter the stadium? Anyone know?

Failing this we may have to only watch the second half of the women's and then leave after the CC final 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

Just now, Damien said:

Double headers dont appeal to many but 3 games is a lot for even the most ardent RL fan. I don't know anyone that wants to do that or be stuck in a stadium for 7 hours.

The only place I'd consider doing this is Club Wembley due to the facilities on that level to break up the day

• Like 1

FAQs 

Food and beverage concessions will be open throughout the stadium and alcohol will be allowed to be consumed in stadium seats. Once you enter the ground, you will not be able to leave and re-enter. You will not be able to bring your own food and drink into the ground. For a full list of FAQs, please click here.

From the Wembley stadium website... so no re-entry.

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

Double headers dont appeal to many but 3 games is a lot for even the most ardent RL fan. 

I'm going with my wife her mate, our kids and some other friends....they are all adamant they want to watch all 3 games from start to finish....or I think that's what they said and so I'm sticking with it 

What a father,husband and mate I am 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm going with my wife her mate, our kids and some other friends....they are all adamant they want to watch all 3 games from start to finish....or I think that's what they said and so I'm sticking with it 

What a father,husband and mate I am 

Wait until they find out there’s the year 7 final before the women’s final!

24 minutes ago, OnStrike said:

My son is 10 so the Men's Challenge Cup and as much of the 1895 game as he'll stay for is what I'm planning 

In reality we'll meet our friends about 11am in BoxPark and see what's going on there ....likely we will do second half of Ladies and all of the CC then see

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

The only place I'd consider doing this is Club Wembley due to the facilities on that level to break up the day

We're in Club Wembley and I still don't fancy all 3, though one of our party says he's doing them all. Will probably do the women's final then the main event and leave.

If I remember correctly, last time the 1895 final was on after the challenge cup final they closed the bars 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

We're in Club Wembley and I still don't fancy all 3, though one of our party says he's doing them all. Will probably do the women's final then the main event and leave.

If I remember correctly, last time the 1895 final was on after the challenge cup final they closed the bars 

I went to the one Widnes played in - I'm sure I still got a beer in the second half - although it had been a long day by that point

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I went to the one Widnes played in - I'm sure I still got a beer in the second half - although it had been a long day by that point

I remember the bar was still open in the second half of that game. On a related note, I can't remember much else about the day.

• Haha 2

I'm not going but would be happy going to all 3 if allowed to take my own food and some water and would be happy to buy a beer or 2 in the stadium. It winds me up incredibly when you can't take in your own food. If the primary purpose of the venue was as a restaurant then fine (of course) but when I've paid to watch a rugby match that's different. For a single match I don't need to eat and drink but for double headers I've always managed to smuggle food in but resent not being able to do it openly and being treated as a captive audience. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Correct!! We got one of the players girlfriends to get us a beer from the corporate bar! ... mind we could always double up before they close!

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Maybe kept the bars open where the finalists teams supporters were located? I'm sure they closed them where we were

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Last time I sat in the Club Wembley seats for a challenge cup final, most of the facilities were closed. A reputation for northerners being careful with money clearly got there first.

No way would I go to a double header or longer without bringing my own food, did so at the World cup final, although it was because they didn't notice in the pocket of my hoodie I held in my hand as they patted me down in the security check, and my dad told them where to go when they suggested he couldn't bring any of his food in.

Just the main game for us. 

• Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

51 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

How stringent are the searches going in? Just wondering what lengths I need to go to so I can smuggle food and drink in.

Seems to massively vary. Last Wembley soccer game I went to neither I nor my son were checked but on the same night I had a friend who had to leave their food at the turnstile before going in.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

54 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If you eat the food and drink the drink before you go in I reckon you'll be fine 😉

You don't know me, that would probably only see me through the first game. 🤣

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Seems to massively vary. Last Wembley soccer game I went to neither I nor my son were checked but on the same night I had a friend who had to leave their food at the turnstile before going in.

Just wondering if they do body searches, Im willing to be very creative. 🤣