Challenge cup attendance

looks like another poor attendance for challenge cup final next saturday. looked at ticket site, loads of tickets going. every year there are excuses for poor attendance. last year it was because it was at spurs, other years wrong teams playing, then wrong time of year etc. most sports have had a boom in attendances post covid. not sure if super league (& other divisions) are up or down. 

• Like 1

Attendances seem up this year across the board. Fingers crossed good attendance Saturday….my youngest son reports RFL very active on tic toc (whatever that is)…

• Like 2

Who cares. I’ll be looking at the green bit of the TV. Would have been there despite me not being a supporter of either team, because I’m primarily a fan of the sport, but a full knee replacement (because I was daft enough to pkay) on Wednesday has put paid to that and I’ve had to give up my annual place. 

Which other sport will be celebrating 3 different levels of the game (4 if we include the kids) on one day. 

Lets enhance the positives, not dwell on how many seats you can ses.

Edited by The 4 of Us
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

6 hours ago, Pie tries said:

Attendances seem up this year across the board. Fingers crossed good attendance Saturday….my youngest son reports RFL very active on tic toc (whatever that is)…

Enough of this positivity, if can’t you find anything negative to say about RL then don’t say it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Depends what you mean by poor attendance.  I’d say 60k is decent and anything over about 63k is good. What other sport in Europe except football and Union would draw a crowd like that to any game, or even close to it? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kev p said:

looks like another poor attendance for challenge cup final next saturday. looked at ticket site, loads of tickets going. every year there are excuses for poor attendance. last year it was because it was at spurs, other years wrong teams playing, then wrong time of year etc. most sports have had a boom in attendances post covid. not sure if super league (& other divisions) are up or down. 

So will you be boosting the attendance Kev?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So will you be boosting the attendance Kev?

If all the people who watched at home counting seats (hoping there are plenty of empty ones to complain about) went to the match, Wembley would be a lock out. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If all the people who watched at home counting seats (hoping there are plenty of empty ones to complain about) went to the match, Wembley would be a lock out. 

Basic maths says that 1.2m people won't fit into a 90,000 capacity stadium.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not everyone can afford to go to Wembley these days, there's plenty struggling as well so it won't be top of their agenda and it's on tv. I enjoyed Tottenham better last year inside inside i hasten to add,outside not a patch on Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Not everyone can afford to go to Wembley these days, there's plenty struggling as well so it won't be top of their agenda and it's on tv. I enjoyed Tottenham better last year inside inside i hasten to add,outside not a patch on Wembley.

This is ultimately it for the vast majority of neutrals. I'm not going because I'm poor. If I was rich I can assure you I would go to every challenge cup final, every grand final, every international played in this country, I'd get my Hull season ticket back and sit in the good seats but I can't cos I need to eat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is that a challenge? 😉 I'm sure I can squeeze them all in there! 😁

Imagine the queue for Wembley Park afterwards.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

This is ultimately it for the vast majority of neutrals. I'm not going because I'm poor. If I was rich I can assure you I would go to every challenge cup final, every grand final, every international played in this country, I'd get my Hull season ticket back and sit in the good seats but I can't cos I need to eat. 

And when the Autumn/Winter comes - heat ( Summer hasn't been cracking) and that isn't cheap. I do feel some fans who are well off enough to attend every/most games don't realise there are some who can't. Iam pleased for them but fan's who can't shouldn’t be vilified.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Thanks 2

When you have a Grand Final attendance between 2 of the best supported clubs of just barely over 60k last year, then who knows what a good attendance is for the Cup final this time around...

FWIW, whilst there has been modest growth in League attendances this year, I get the sense that this is from consolidation of an existing base (ie making non ST attendees more regular attendees), than a result of a broader increase in interest.

59 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I know, I’m talking about seat counters who complain about the low attendance but don’t go, not people who can’t afford to go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The 4 of Us said:

Who cares. I’ll be looking at the green bit of the TV. Would have been there despite me not being a supporter of either team, because I’m primarily a fan of the sport, but a full knee replacement (because I was daft enough to pkay) on Wednesday has put paid to that and I’ve had to give up my annual place. 

Which other sport will be celebrating 3 different levels of the game (4 if we include the kids) on one day. 

Lets enhance the positives, not dwell on how many seats you can ses.

"Lets enhance the positives"

People like you have no place in our sport.😀

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Pie tries said:

It’s TikTok, actually, don’t you old people know anything?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Enough of this positivity, if can’t you find anything negative to say about RL then don’t say it. 

I’ll gladly add some positivity. This sport of ours may be often misunderstood but it is simply fantastic to watch. Having not been to the final for a few years now, I am returning this Saturday and cannot wait. Meeting with a great pal of mine who was taken as a kid to watch Salford one week and Swindon the next. A few beers around Victoria before heading up to Wembley to soak up the atmosphere. The Rugby League community may be small but it is unique, passionate, and fiercely proud of its roots.

I, for one, will enjoy the whole day and couldn’t really care too much about the attendance. 

• Like 12