Sean Long Sacked

12 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'll throw this in...

Any connection between this news and the availability of Darryl Powell?

As much as we had a good couple of years with Darryl, his success rate both with Fev and afterwards doesn't really lean towards success in a one-off match.

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

35 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Ford had a great record at first and did a phenomenal job, especially the first season in the Championship. York will always be grateful to him for steering us out of the abyss of Championship 1 when we didn’t even have a proper stadium. Then he started to make some poor signings (either old/injury prone/not very good) and we also ended up playing a dull, sterile ‘five drives and a kick” style of rugby during the covid years. 

Summed up very well. The first season back in the championship York were allegedly running with the 2nd lowest budget. 

His loyalty to the club was impressive and York fans will forever be grateful. However I also recall a fans forum circa 2020 when he said he doesn’t like it if York score a try early on and he prefers to build pressure which still sounds ridiculous 3 years later. I feel he will improve as a coach given the opportunity and hope whichever team he ends up coaching he has them playing more attractive rugby. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

However I also recall a fans forum circa 2020 when he said he doesn’t like it if York score a try early on and he prefers to build pressure which still sounds ridiculous 3 years later. I feel he will improve as a coach given the opportunity and hope whichever team he ends up coaching he has them playing more attractive rugby. 

Mark Aston said something similar, maybe phrased differently - he has said a couple of times recently that he hates it when Eagles score on the first set. As if the mindset of the team alters and is difficult to get back on track.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

I thought we'd reached peak silly season with Blake Austin going to Cas but I stand corrected. Very risky call with Fev 8 clear of 2nd place. 

I wouldn't be overly enthused with Ford if I was a Fev fan either. He did alright in 2018/2019, although 2019 was a very weak championship season with most of the other big teams waiting for TW to get out the way. Since then York have rarely lived up to expectations and the style of play has been very Conservative and ineffectual. Wakefield have come on leaps and bounds since he left and Fev have gone backwards.  If he fails now then I'm not really sure where he goes from here as Campbell will have him straight out the door if they don't get promoted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I thought we'd reached peak silly season with Blake Austin going to Cas but I stand corrected. Very risky call with Fev 8 clear of 2nd place. 

I wouldn't be overly enthused with Ford if I was a Fev fan either. He did alright in 2018/2019, although 2019 was a very weak championship season with most of the other big teams waiting for TW to get out the way. Since then York have rarely lived up to expectations and the style of play has been very Conservative and ineffectual. Wakefield have come on leaps and bounds since he left and Fev have gone backwards.  If he fails now then I'm not really sure where he goes from here as Campbell will have him straight out the door if they don't get promoted.

I think there is a friendship between Messrs Campbell and Ford.Not only because of the financial input into York while Ford was head coach.

There was another involvement which didn't  eventuate.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think Mark Campbell may have burned his bridges there but money talks, the question is do Fev have any left?

Oxy imo it's to do with money that's why Pryce went. We can't pay for all these players and coaches on our crowds. We do have the squad builder,club events, rl finals ,weddings etc but the money will only go so far.

5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Although our outside defence has been weak all season and Sean has not been able to rectify it.I am surprised he wasn't allowed until end of  the season.

££££ ?

13 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Non Comprende

Not enough money at the club,been on here about players not getting paid,but we couldn't afford ,Long, Pryce ,Herdman and Ford plus some players are on big money. Its a town and nowt's secret for long round here lol. What about the £250 season tickets on sale NOW ,dosn't take much working out.

Edited by Fevrover

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Oxy imo it's to do with money that's why Pryce went. We can't pay for all these players and coaches on our crowds. We do have the squad builder,club events, rl finals ,weddings etc but the money will only go so far.

I imagine that's probably true. I waited before posting about the Riley Dean situation as I don't like slinging rumors around for the heck of it but then after that a few Fev fans had posted things over social media and you have to asume that the money pit was starting to dry up. On the flip side will Long have got a pay off to cover his contract? It does make you wonder if he has asked about a release in which case it could be dressed up as mutual decision and probably save Fev some money.

Taking it at face value though you have to think the players would be bemused if he has been removed simply because of this defeat.

Just now, Fevrover said:

Not enough money at the club,been on here about players not getting paid,but we couldn't afford ,Long, Pryce ,Herdman and Ford plus some players are on big money. Its a town and nowt secret for long round here lol.

What happened to the £2 million the council gave us  Cas and Wakey?.i know we have created a fan zone of sorts but is the rest just sleeping  in an account.

• Like 1

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

I imagine that's probably true. I waited before posting about the Riley Dean situation as I don't like slinging rumors around for the heck of it but then after that a few Fev fans had posted things over social media and you have to asume that the money pit was starting to dry up. On the flip side will Long have got a pay off to cover his contract? It does make you wonder if he has asked about a release in which case it could be dressed up as mutual decision and probably save Fev some money.

Taking it at face value though you have to think the players would be bemused if he has been removed simply because of this defeat.

It's not cos of that defeat ( but can't have helped lol ) apparently Longys off to Warrington.