Sat 12th Aug: Men's Challenge Cup Final: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR by 13 points or more
    • Hull KR by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull KR by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 14:30

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I can now happily retire from watching rugby league forever. That’s never being topped. Ever.Β 

Nah - GF to look forward to ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pie tries said:

Nah - GF to look forward to ?

It’s probably an attitude tied to the threads about moving the Challenge Cup from Wembley, but it’s always been the Challenge Cup that has been the dream. We could win the next 10 Grand Finals and it wouldn’t match that feeling. Could be wrong, but I think that’s maybe a preference for a lot of the clubs outside of the usual suspects.Β 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Sadly the behaviour of Degsy and his inability to act with the class and decorum of every other SL sides chairman/ownerΒ  whos team has won a final, willl forever taint this teams acomplishments.Β 

Did degsy get some cowboys to install your garden decking or something?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s probably an attitude tied to the threads about moving the Challenge Cup from Wembley, but it’s always been the Challenge Cup that has been the dream. We could win the next 10 Grand Finals and it wouldn’t match that feeling. Could be wrong, but I think that’s maybe a preference for a lot of the clubs outside of the usual suspects.Β 

I agree 100%, I think it must be my age

Well done today. Lam’s built a good side with a solid middle and consistently dangerous shape on the edges, I see no shame in losing to that team in Golden Point, however painful it feels

We’ll be backΒ 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Watched the game late last night on catch up after avoiding the score, not going to trawl through all of the comments on here but most of what I have read I can only agree with….Wow, what a great game! Sure there were errors but it’s a final at Wembley! I thought SKD was terrific and would have got the Lance Todd if he had been on the winning side but can’t argue with Lam getting it.

A Golden Point CC final win after that tense finish in normal time! I hope someone is filming Leigh’s journey because if this was a movie then people would say it was far fetched! It’s an incredible story anyway but Imagine if they go on and take out the GF as well now!Β 
Β 

Hope all the Leigh fans are still bouncing for weeks and months to come. Made up for them.Β 
Commiserations to KR, they were part of a wonderful final and they to look to be building well. What a great advert for the game.

Edited by Waynebennettswinger
Fat thumb
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I agree 100%, I think it must be my age

Well done today. Lam’s built a good side with a solid middle and consistently dangerous shape on the edges, I see no shame in losing to that team in Golden Point, however painful it feels

We’ll be backΒ 

We shouted for Rovers but you couldn't begrudge Leigh the win,we enjoyed it and it needs to stay at Wembley imo.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Was refreshing NOT to have the usual teams especially Wigan and Saints ( although i don't mind Saints).

9 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Sadly the behaviour of Degsy and his inability to act with the class and decorum of every other SL sides chairman/ownerΒ  whos team has won a final, willl forever taint this teams acomplishments.Β 

Β 

Edited by JohnM
Don't ask...

8 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Oh, FFS, be an adult, suspend hostilities for a few days at least and let theΒ  winners have their deserved time in the spotlight.

There's time for that sort of stuff in September and October.

• Like 4

Well done Leigh. What a story this season has been so far. Both teams played their part in an entertaining final. I didn't really have a preference for who would win because as a kid the first time I had a favourite player it was Willie Peters and my all time favourite player is Adrian Lam. It was great to see them both competing in a final as coaches 22 years later. This was also my 'oh my god I'm getting old' moment so I'm glad I could share it.

Beaumont, Chester, Lam, the playing group and everyone else behind the scenes has helped to create something really special for the fans. An iconic moment that they will never forget. The way things are going I'm fairly confident they won't have to wait as long for more success.

Hull KR have been building something good too. It was very nearly their story but it wasn't to be. I hope all the fans that travelled to Wembley enjoyed their day.

• Like 3

May be an image of car and text

• Haha 5
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Hull FC....The Sons of God...
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Great final neither side deserved to lose .To us neutrals by that I mean us with no chance in rest of of season are hoping Leigh get to the GF and win it .so Leigh the season is far from over dont get a hangoverΒ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Β Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

May be an image of text that says "LAST ONE OUT OF EAST HULL TURN THE LIGHTS OFF BACK ON AT 17:16THOUGH"

• Haha 1
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Hull FC....The Sons of God...
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Stoopid photo won't work.

Edited by Old Frightful
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Great final neither side deserved to lose .To us neutrals by that I mean us with no chance in rest of of season are hoping Leigh get to the GF and win it .so Leigh the season is far from over dont get a hangoverΒ 

I can see Leigh starting to drop off now, personally. It's really hard to come down from a high like that, especially for an inexperienced group of players. Individually, there is a lot of experience there that night steer them through but I think with the shallow squad depth, they're going to struggle.

Hope they do well though, unless Hull manage to squeeze in!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

My first final and brought my 10 year old along his first final too. Amazing day. I know the crowd might have down a bit but there's a few reasons for that (summer holidays, train prices, overtime ban etc) but the atmosphere was brilliant and the colour and variety of club tops on display was great. My son was trying to spot as many clubs as he could...only Super League club missing was Salford he said! For a 10 year old, days like yesterday will get him hooked for life.

What a great game too, last minute try, golden point winner...absolutely class. Heartbreaking for Rovers but they'll be back. Congrats to Leigh fans, they deserve it

• Like 3

Didn’t think I’d see the day where a pub in the centre of Wigan erupted, at the sight of a winning drop goal for Leigh, in a challenge cup final! Β I’d imagine the pubs of Leigh reacted much the same when Liam Marshall went over last year😜

I thought Leigh throughly deserved the victory. In terms of HKR, I’m not sure I’ve seen a team make as many basic handling errors in a final before. I guess nerves got to them but they have so much grit and did unbelievably well to stick in there. Lachlan Lam made the biggest difference. He looked in a different league to the other halfbacks on the field.Β 

• Like 5