Is this the NZ warriors most successful season?

6 hours ago, Havenlad80 said:

Another sellout at mount smart.

https://twitter.com/NZWarriors/status/1691344241568387073

you love to see it 👏👏

Great to have the Warriors come out of a two decade slumber.

When the Warriors are doing well on the pitch, no other club team of any sport can match the size of the Warriors. They are the biggest sports club in NZ.

It would be great to see them back 2023 up with some sustained top 4 performances. 

The performance this year will go some way to having senior NRL officials seriously consider where the next club should be based.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

The performance this year will go some way to having senior NRL officials seriously consider where the next club should be based.

Yep... Sydney. :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

Nothing beats a NZ vs Australia game for quality, even SOO

That Semi final last year at Elland Road was a classic. Hope to see more of the fixture.

A 3 games series with 2 or 3 games in NZ would be a idea for the future

Love to seem them get to the GF.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

20 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

I'm not exactly up to speed with the NRL these days but to me, their best season was 2002. If I recall correctly, they were coached by Daniel Anderson and played a really, really exciting style of rugby. I think they lost the GF that year. 

And don't forget 2008 as well.

7 hours ago, cookey said:

Warriors v Catalan in WCC ?!

I was thinking the other day how great it would be for the Warriors and Catalan to have an annual challenge match - as the clearly premier pro team in their respective countries.

The WCC would be a nice way to kick start that.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

16 minutes ago, Havenlad80 said:

Another important home win for the warriors in front of 24,112 highly pumped fans!!!

and as usual some insane acrobatic finishes from the best winger in the NRL DWZ.

Manly made them sweat for it though, in an entertaining battle.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 16/08/2023 at 15:32, Dunbar said:

I was thinking the other day how great it would be for the Warriors and Catalan to have an annual challenge match - as the clearly premier pro team in their respective countries.

The WCC would be a nice way to kick start that.

Let's chuck North Wales Crusaders and Red Star Belgrade into the mix too.

• Like 1

great game but as it comes to the business end of the season the warriors need to play way better than that to even hope of challenging the panthers or even storm as they also find form now - the errors need to stop or they will be punished heavily for them

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

58 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Be pretty fitting if Catalans won the Super League GF and New Zealand Warriors won the NRL GF in the same season.

Lots of rugby league to be played between then and now, but it must be possible.

It would be an interesting WCC.

• Like 1