England Tonga TV?

I don't think anything has been announced. I also don't think that's especially worrying given we're still some months away.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

30 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I don't think anything has been announced. I also don't think that's especially worrying given we're still some months away.

It’s not that far away Jon.You’d think the BBC would already have their autumn schedule sorted for their main two channels.

5 hours ago, crashmon said:

It will probably be BBC, but which BBC channel is the question.   Its possible they might shunt it onto one of the smaller channels instead of BBC 1 or 2.  But I would expect it on BBC, unless C4 take a Punt.

I wouldn't mind C4 getting it. 3 weeks in a row of Helen on my screen..! 😍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It’s not that far away Jon.You’d think the BBC would already have their autumn schedule sorted for their main two channels.

The FIFA Women's World Cup rights were not agreed until about three weeks before the tournament.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, crashmon said:

It will probably be BBC, but which BBC channel is the question.   Its possible they might shunt it onto one of the smaller channels instead of BBC 1 or 2.  But I would expect it on BBC, unless C4 take a Punt.

When have we ever been on BBC but not on BBC 1 or 2?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

As we've seen, BBC returns far more viewers than C4, England games should be on BBC1 where possible. 

We've been on there for years, I see no reason that would change. 

On the whole the BBC have been a good home for international Rugby League. They've generally showed most England internationals and there was widespread coverage of the World Cup. Its not their fault we don't play enough international games. I'd be amazed of the Tonga tests weren't on the BBC.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

On the whole the BBC have been a good home for international Rugby League. They've generally showed most England internationals and there was widespread coverage of the World Cup. Its not their fault we don't play enough international games. I'd be amazed of the Tonga tests weren't on the BBC.

Presumably there will be gaps in the BBC schedules where the autumn RU internationals would have been.

23 hours ago, Damien said:

I was mightily impressed a few years back when they showed the European Cup games between Ireland, Wales, France and Scotland on iPlayer. Was great. 

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Confirmed BBC

Excellent news. And here's a snazzy graphic with all the times:

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Great news - hopefully they big it up and cross-promote it now too.

To be fair, the BBC are normally very good at internationals. We're long gone from the days of second half only and taking a break for the horse racing results.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

It's good that they are covering the women's game but BBC viewers are going to tune into (what I'm sure will be) a battering. Is that the best thing to be broadcasting?

Lots of sports show one sided games ,and still big it up, the Union WC has has loads over the years and never do they try to reduce the number in fact they expand it.

• Like 3