Fri 15th Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/23 at 19:30

Wakefield have 18 start on the handicap.

Leigh are 1/10 for a win.  

Going to be a long night in that East Stand.  ☹️

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, The Mighty Trin said:

I'm saving my tears until next Friday, can't handle the pain twice in 7 days lol Leigh by 18.

I really think it's a given now that we are down so no real emotion to come through after these final two defeats.  Probably the 4th relegation I've lived through. 

Our get out of jail card slipped through Lineham's fingers when he failed to take that nothing kick from Blake Austin at 8-6 up v Cas. 

It will be tougher for the under 30s who've only known SL I guess, but nice and painful for a few of our moaning fans who may, hopefully, sod off.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

12 hours ago, Andrewj said:

Leigh need to rack up the points to keep 4th from HKR

While I agree, I hope that's not what their thinking is. Suspect they thought they'd rack up points at York, we nearly lost, and had a player banned for 7 matches!

Of course, the other route to guaranteeing 4th is to simply win both games. 

Feel’s like only yesterday that I was with the family at the Galpharm, Mcalpine or John Smith’s stadium watching Wakefield win the play off final against Featherstone - I think?? Memory not as good nowadays! Sad to think the club could be going back to the Championship. I still have this nagging feeling that two will come up Fev and Toulouse with no team going down at the end of this season. Nothing to back it up just a personal nagging feeling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Feel’s like only yesterday that I was with the family at the Galpharm, Mcalpine or John Smith’s stadium watching Wakefield win the play off final against Featherstone - I think?? Memory not as good nowadays! Sad to think the club could be going back to the Championship. I still have this nagging feeling that two will come up Fev and Toulouse with no team going down at the end of this season. Nothing to back it up just a personal nagging feeling.

Late Sept or early October 1998 that game, I remember it well. 

17 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

I really think it's a given now that we are down so no real emotion to come through after these final two defeats.  Probably the 4th relegation I've lived through. 

Our get out of jail card slipped through Lineham's fingers when he failed to take that nothing kick from Blake Austin at 8-6 up v Cas. 

It will be tougher for the under 30s who've only known SL I guess, but nice and painful for a few of our moaning fans who may, hopefully, sod off.

Not sure you want any fans, moaning or otherwise to sod off. 

Great effort for wakey to go in at HT only 12-6 down.

Absolutely hammered with penalties and a sin binning.

Tackle tackle tackle.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

6 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Radio saying referee’s having a nightmare and Proctors not been much better.

Up the Trin 

Which radio station?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

26th Sept 1998 to be precise. My wife’s 30th birthday and much to her disgust I chose to spend it watching Fev get beat by Wakey thus missing out on our best chance of getting into super league (until this season hopefully).

After the match I made my way to the Batley Frontier Club to meet her and her friends to “celebrate” her birthday. I wasn’t the best company having just seen Fev lose by a fingertip. 

she still reminds me of this evening periodically but I often point out that I had Rovers in my life way before I met her - and you never forget your first love 😊

Leigh 16:12 Trinity - the visitors are not out of the game yet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson