Fri 29th Sept: SL Elim: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/23 at 19:30

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Kinnell from someone who watched Ellery and S O'L trying to ref every game they played in, more faces than a '26 miner.

They both discussed with the ref when play was stopped. At each scrum when Leigh held the ball Lam was pointing at players and shouting to the ref to call offside.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Looked like Lam was trying to distract the ref.

That also crossed my mind with the last one.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Bloody hell Padge, Ellery and Shaun did everything but have a whistle.

Yeah whatever, go read my post on the closed thread to learn how wrong you are about stuff.

• Like 1

Just on my way back to the hotel after the match… the same one Leigh are in, should be a fun night at the bar!! 🤣🤣🤣🔴⚪🔴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If someone can please tell me how there is conclusive proof to overturn the ref’s call on that disallowed Leigh try - in particular in comparison to the one that was given in the first half - then I’m all ears.

EDIT - Appreciate it wasn’t the grounding that was the issue, but where is Ipape supposed to go after playing the ball?! 

It doesn't matter where ipape goes necessarily, if mellor passes the ball to another player it wouldn't be an issue. It was the combo of ipape walking forward and knocking a rovers player over, with Mellor then trying to go through the gap that was created.

• Like 2

Just now, Arizonared said:

It doesn't matter where ipape goes necessarily, if mellor passes the ball to another player it wouldn't be an issue. It was the combo of ipape walking forward and knocking a rovers player over, with Mellor then trying to go through the gap that was created.

All a bit messy in such a constrained space, though. And I wouldn’t say particularly clear from case to case, either. And I say that as someone brought up on playing the age old ‘no pussy tries’ rule (if you know, you know). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

All a bit messy in such a constrained space, though. And I wouldn’t say particularly clear from case to case, either. And I say that as someone brought up on playing the age old ‘no pussy tries’ rule (if you know, you know). 

Personally, I thought it was clear, but I am sure if it was Rovers in a similar place I would have a different thought 🙂

• Like 1

Enjoyable match that and a fantastic crowd for a semi final was a welcome sight.

I thought the no try call was correct. Ipape should have played the ball and stayed where he was. Instead he played the ball in front of the post and ended up with a defender under him next to the post and the other side of the goal line. Fair obstruction call for me.

Congrats Leigh on a great season and good luck HKR next week, I will definitely be rooting for you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

After the Luckley try the game was sewn up and Leigh didn't offer all that much with the ball but Rovers defence was the reason for that. In the first half Parcell was outstanding and got Rovers on the front foot but Walker looked assured fielding kicks and supported well so was a worthy POM. This year was probably the first time I thought Rovers could do something in the play offs rather than just being there to make up the numbers and I think I would fancy our chances more at Catalans than Wigan.

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Enjoyable match that and a fantastic crowd for a semi final was a welcome sight.

I thought the no try call was correct. Ipape should have played the ball and stayed where he was. Instead he played the ball in front of the post and ended up with a defender under him next to the post and the other side of the goal line. Fair obstruction call for me.

Congrats Leigh on a great season and good luck HKR next week, I will definitely be rooting for you.

Definitely obstruction, definitely not ground by Hall. Swings and round abouts... I don't think either would of effected the end result. 

On another note, I've been very impressed by Mikey Lewis this season, love his passion and aggression...

• Like 3

Decent match, well done HKR deserve to win, well done Leigh this season I think squad depth probably played a part in the season finish. Just a quick note on the usual Wigan fans who try to make every thread about them, save it for your matches.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Leigh-On-Kiwi said:

Definitely obstruction, definitely not ground by Hall. Swings and round abouts... I don't think either would of effected the end result. 

On another note, I've been very impressed by Mikey Lewis this season, love his passion and aggression...

Happy with a no grounding call for Hall’s try too. I am not sure I am comfortable with the “it’s called a try on the field so I need clear evidence to overrule”. It leads video officials to see more doubt than may be present. In saying that, I thought there was enough evidence there to turn that on-field decision.

11 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Happy with a no grounding call for Hall’s try too. I am not sure I am comfortable with the “it’s called a try on the field so I need clear evidence to overrule”. It leads video officials to see more doubt than may be present. In saying that, I thought there was enough evidence there to turn that on-field decision.

It was another video ref call that begs the question of why have a video ref. If that replay wasn’t sufficient what did he need? Didn’t have sound on in the second half (watched in a bar on holiday) and was astounded when the Mellor try was overturned.

For all that, the better team won, and we’ve had an amazing season and won the one trophy we had a realistic chance of winning. 

Enjoyable game last night, best team won. The one thing I didn't enjoy, other than the usual terrible rambling commentary, was the way Sky put Rowley under pressure re the Brodie Croft rumours, both before and near the end of the match. I thought these incidents were very unprofessional and showed Sky at their worst.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Leigh had no chance of winning that game without Asiata, Hardaker & Luetele. No big deal, the winners get to lose at Wigan 🙂

That and losing hone advantage last week made it highly unlikely as I expected , not watched the replay yet , only got home at twenty to 2 last night , knackered , didn't get chance of some decent food and beer on the way to the game , nearly 3 hours over the hill 

Shame there were refs decisions to the fore again , couldn't really tell at the game , the screen being at the other end is too far away to get a clear view 

HKR played well , kept the ball alive in the middle , maybe got away with a couple of forwards which you do if you play it quick enough 

Best team on the night won , hope they can go on and win it , that might depend if the ref allows Wigan to slow down the ruck as they do , that is crucial to Rovers 

Also apologies for some of our fans continuing the ' Banter ' outside after the game , they need reminding it's RL , not football , once you leave the stadium that ends , you either shut up or congratulate and wish well 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Decent match, well done HKR deserve to win, well done Leigh this season I think squad depth probably played a part in the season finish. Just a quick note on the usual Wigan fans who try to make every thread about them, save it for your matches.

I think you need to have a word with Harry Stottle about that, he drags Wigan into every thread.

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

That and losing hone advantage last week made it highly unlikely as I expected , not watched the replay yet , only got home at twenty to 2 last night , knackered , didn't get chance of some decent food and beer on the way to the game , nearly 3 hours over the hill 

Shame there were refs decisions to the fore again , couldn't really tell at the game , the screen being at the other end is too far away to get a clear view 

HKR played well , kept the ball alive in the middle , maybe got away with a couple of forwards which you do if you play it quick enough 

Best team on the night won , hope they can go on and win it , that might depend if the ref allows Wigan to slow down the ruck as they do , that is crucial to Rovers 

Also apologies for some of our fans continuing the ' Banter ' outside after the game , they need reminding it's RL , not football , once you leave the stadium that ends , you either shut up or congratulate and wish well 

Shame there were refs decisions to the fore again ,

There weren't, really there weren't.

What was to the fore were two really committed and motivated teams with a burning desire to win in front of a noisy and passionate crowd.  Fast, clean, PTBs, hardly any high shots or lying-on and well-refereed. 

A great advert for our sport so no sly digs at  refs needed, please.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The Refereeing decisions were spot on, Leigh were poor end of.

Hull Kr is a ground where you cannot help but get caught in 'banter' as there's literally one way out and the KR fans are not the most friendliest as it is, add on some gobby away fans who are either goading or getting goaded and it's an even more unpleasant place to be.

• Like 1