Presser at Headingley

All kinds of rumours going round about a press conference at Headingley this week .

Gary Hetherington and mr Caddick attending and playing staff . 

No jokes please .

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Well... I've been told that maybe we are buying the cricket ground back from Yorkshire.

I imagine Hetherington and Caddick would do anything to avoid having Mike Ashley as a neighbour!

Report: Yorkshire in ‘detailed negotiations’ to sell Headingley to Mike Ashley

he could get replica kits made in Chinese sweatshops by 11 year olds for 20p each - stick "Dunlop" or "Slazenger" on them and sell them for £60 a chuck in the souvenir shop like the rest of his ghastly chavvy tat 

• Like 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Well... I've been told that maybe we are buying the cricket ground back from Yorkshire.

I imagine Hetherington and Caddick would do anything to avoid having Mike Ashley as a neighbour!

Report: Yorkshire in ‘detailed negotiations’ to sell Headingley to Mike Ashley

" ha they can buy the cricket ground but cant put a roof on the away end " Wait for it 🤣

• Haha 4

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 hours ago, M j M said:

New naming rights sponsor for the stadium I think. Should an worth around £400k a year to the club.

As good as that is for the club, it feels as though calling a big press conference, a couple of days in advance, at a time when the Leeds fans are mostly concerned with matters on the field, is them not really reading the room. I know if Wigan had just had a poor season and they called a big press conference, I wouldn’t be hugely excited that the stadium had found a fresh sponsor and would feel underwhelmed. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WN83 said:

As good as that is for the club, it feels as though calling a big press conference, a couple of days in advance, at a time when the Leeds fans are mostly concerned with matters on the field, is them not really reading the room. I know if Wigan had just had a poor season and they called a big press conference, I wouldn’t be hugely excited that the stadium had found a fresh sponsor and would feel underwhelmed. 

I agree it's a diversion from performances on the field 

• Like 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

46 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Is there in fact going to be a press conference? Is this confirmed? Date, time, place?

It's been reported in YEP all media has been informed  mr Hetherington and mr Caddick who doesnt usually appear ,members of playing staff all sections will be there . Thursday morning . If its renaming stadium why have the players there ? It could be " Sleave " pulling one out again 

• Thanks 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

I wonder if Leeds taking back ownership or operational control of the entire stadium also would make potential naming rights sponsors less wary of allowing their name to be used.

Bearing in mind the reason we lost Emerald was them and other companies running a mile from Yorkshire (although they and the related Keith Howard Foundation continue to spend money liberally with Leeds).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

I wonder if Leeds taking back ownership or operational control of the entire stadium also would make potential naming rights sponsors less wary of allowing their name to be used.

Bearing in mind the reason we lost Emerald was them and other companies running a mile from Yorkshire (although they and the related Keith Howard Foundation continue to spend money liberally with Leeds).

Good point ,can understand that YCC are taboo just now 

• Like 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Signing of Brodie Croft?

Mike Ashley has been hovering over the cricket side and it looks like Gary Hetherington and Mr Caddick dont want him as a neighbour .who knows what he has in mind for the cricket stadium ? And the local residents are protesting so it could involve building plans or other stuff .so we will look forward tomorrow.  Weve had a very mediocre time and another bad season so it looks like The Sleeve is pulling some out 

JAMIE PEACOCK

The successful operation of the stadium requires goodwill and co-operation from both parties. eg the hotel is on Yorkshire land but Leeds run it whilst the two clubs constantly use bar and entertainment facilities and enjoy rights of access on the other party's land etc. 

I'm sure it's covered by legal agreements and it has worked very well for long time now. But until now everyone has been working in good faith.  Who knows what moves a d***head like Ashley could try and pull that would undermine all that.

So I'd say keeping him out of Headingley altogether is of vital importance to Leeds. If they can find a way that offers Yorkshire an alternative I'm sure they'll have tried to facilitate something.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Signing of Brodie Croft?

Now that would be a presser that Leeds fans want 

In fact if Leeds don't sign Croft and he goes to Leigh or whatever then I'd say that is a very very worrying sign for Leeds .

It would also solidify the appalling current management of Leeds in recruitment/retention/personnel 

• Like 1