Sat 7th Oct: SL S/F: Wigan Warriors v Hull KR KO 12:45 (Sky/Channel 4)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull KR

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/23 at 12:15

9 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Someone will have to clarify the knock-on law.

Does a fumble have to be regathered or can it be touched with any part of the body before hitting the ground or opposition?

I suppose it is a bit like a knock-on being kicked. It usually is called a knock-on, isn't it?

No it isn’t providing it is kicked before it hits the ground or an opponent. 

• Like 2

Wigan are on it today. Smith particularly has steered us round, kicked brilliantly and made his tackles. I haven’t seen anything to suggest we will have any bans (famous last words), and I suspect the only selection head ache will be whether Havard is fit to play. I do think we lack a Tomkins, been there, seen that player, but we had enough for the CC FInal, so maybe the collective will be enough. 

Just now, Click said:

Honest question - Has Abdull been playing from the start of the game?

I just heard his name from a kick, and then saw him on the pitch, but don't think I had noticed him before ..

He was listed as starting on the bench. Not sure when he came on, but he hasn't imposed himself on the game much.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Click said:

Honest question - Has Abdull been playing from the start of the game?

I just heard his name from a kick, and then saw him on the pitch, but don't think I had noticed him before ..

He came off the bench as he has done recently.

• Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

11 minutes ago, doc said:

from The RFL website.....           KNOCK ON & FORWARD PASS
Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if they deliberately knock on or pass forward.

Accidental 2. If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player knocking-on regains or kicks the ball before it touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed. Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.

Charge-down 3. To charge-down a kick is permissible and is not a knock-on.

Heading the ball 4. It is illegal to head the ball in a forward direction.

NOTES
Direction of Pass 1. The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to themselves. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

Scrum for Forward Pass A forward pass in a passing movement is invariably caused by misjudgment and is rarely a deliberate offence. Play is restarted with a scrum after an accidental infringement.

Penalty for some forward passes If the Referee is of the opinion that a player in giving a forward pass must have been well aware that the catcher was in front of him then the referee is justified in ruling that the ball has been deliberately thrown forward.

Ball is blown or bounces forward If the ball is passed correctly but bounces forward or is blown forward by the wind, there is no infringement and play should continue.

Knock-on over Goal line After a player, from the field of play, knocks on into his opponent’s in-goal area and he or a colleague touches down, play is restarted with a scrum where the knock-on occurred, except after a play-the-ball subject to Section 12, Law 10.

Really interesting. Thank you for that.

So, a knock-on that is kicked ahead before hitting the ground is always play on. Refs often incorrectly call it back.

I suppose the question arises as to whether the ball going backwards off Isa's leg constitutes a regaining of possession or a kick. I don't know...

Edited by StandOffHalf

Has Abdull been coming back from injury, hence starting off the bench? 

I have been a big fan of him since he was leading the Broncos around, but for however long he has been on the pitch he has been completely annoymous which is disappointing. Then again, the whole Hull KR performance has been pretty disappointing to give it one word.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

So here's a question, given the difference in intensity in the 2 semis, uis it better to go into a final battle hardened or rested?

You don't want to slide over a try while hardened, you could do yourself a long term injury.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I suppose the question arises as to whether the ball going backwards off Isa's leg constitutes a regaining of possession or a kick. I don't know...

It automatically qualifies as Dirty Lancashire Cheating. It's in the rules.

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Comeback on?

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I wanted to praise the referee on his performance on dealing with Marshall when he plays the ball - The man play acts, falls over, tangles legs every time he was tackled (That didn't result in a try... )

I felt like I was watching Charnley.

2 minutes ago, Click said:

I wanted to praise the referee on his performance on dealing with Marshall when he plays the ball - The man play acts, falls over, tangles legs every time he was tackled (That didn't result in a try... )

I felt like I was watching Charnley.

It's his tribute to Francis Lee.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

15 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Hull KR need a defence coach

Hull KR defence has been excellent all season. Anyone who understands the game doesn’t judge something like that on one game, especially one where the defending side only had one possession in the first 20 minutes. That’s how it goes sometimes. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

It's going to be a big night for Samkins, win or lose, playing his old club.

I'll actually miss the GF this year, due to family commitments, but look forward to catching up on TRL's pages of deranged accusations, fits of blinding rage, tinfoil-hatted theories and maybe even the odd comment about the actual game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson