Sat 14th Oct: Super League Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/23 at 17:30

13 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Some OTT comments here. I've seen many fantastic grand finals at OT. The in goal area is short, that's true but it didn't seem to prevent some proper nailbiters such as the 2002 final. 

It is what we make it. 

It's funny how some of the chief moaners are from people who werent moaning when their own club won at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Saying a game wasn’t particularly entertaining isn’t moaning.

It is of course a matter of opinion and certainly, no one on here would claim it was boring just because Wigan won. I think, though that  most of the 58k at OT seem to have been entertained. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

It is of course a matter of opinion and certainly, no one on here would claim it was boring just because Wigan won. I think, though that  most of the 58k at OT seem to have been entertained. 

I didn’t really care who won, it was a poor game.

Just like When Leeds hammered cas in 2017, it was s great result for Leeds fans but a terrible spectacle for the neutrals, it happens.

• Like 1

I thought it was a really good game. Pearce and Tomkins had shockers though, particularly with their last option plays. Surprising given their experience.

Seguier, Whitley and Johnstone were stand outs for the Dragons

Wardle, Smith, Mago and Smithies stand outs for Wigan

• Like 4

Wigan fans at risk of behaving like the worst Saints fans here. People are entitled not to have enjoyed the game, it wasn't a thriller. I don't think anyone has said Wigan weren't the better side or deserving of the win

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Keirghan binning would not long since have been considered harsh, his following through rather than letting go, as happened to someone else earlier in the season caused the card.

That was about the turning point in the first half, Catalan had been on top and Wigan were just starting to get into the game and then Catalan not only gave Wigan an invite but opened the door and didn't bother to read the invitation card.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just got back from Old Trafford. I went to support Catalans Dragons as a regular Dragons supporter so I was hopeful we'd pull out a decent enough performance to beat Wigan. Unfortunately that wasn't to be. A very tight first half and there were probably only 10 minutes in the second half that Dragons looked like getting near Wigans line. Wigans defence was spot on to be fair and their exploitation of a gap when we had 12 on the pitch was the difference between the two teams. 

Gutted we lost, but congratulations to Wigan, who were the better team today.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Just notice some Wigan management wearing Kappa/Wigan apparel.

Good game a shame the Cats didn't win.

As the game wasn’t that thrilling I actually took more interest in this myself, why do all the Wigan staff, non players etc wear Kappa training gear yet the kit is made by Hummel? Just asking a question…

1 minute ago, Zilla Budgie said:

I listened to it on BBC Radio 5. Where at half time the chat switched to the upcoming Ireland v All Blacks RU game, and also we had updates on the Chelsea v West Ham women's football game, which was awesome! 🙂

Can’t believe you’re surprised lol. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

Keirghan binning would not long since have been considered harsh, his following through rather than letting go, as happened to someone else earlier in the season caused the card.

That was about the turning point in the first half, Catalan had been on top and Wigan were just starting to get into the game and then Catalan not only gave Wigan an invite but opened the door and didn't bother to read the invitation card.

I thought his high tackle was quite bad too. A few bigger players didn't quite show up for Catalans, whereas Wigans did imo. 

Enjoyed it. My not-easily-impressed 11yr old (is that just all kids these days?!) was loving it in the half hour before the game with the band and fireworks etc.

Close game but, in my opinion, Wigan were class defensively and just shut down a top side for the full game and took over in the second half. Had Johnstone got away in the first half without being ankle tapped, it could’ve been a different story…then again, if Farrell had gone over without the class tackle from Pearce blah blah. It was entertaining to me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I thought his high tackle was quite bad too. A few bigger players didn't quite show up for Catalans, whereas Wigans did imo. 

It's funny I wouldn't have had any complaints if there was no yellow and it was just a sin bin. I can though see why the decision was made.

• Like 1