2024 Transfer Tracker

30 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

To say Ritson was poor last season is a joke, Wellens has several times given praise and he was offered a 2 yr deal to 2025 and option to extend to 2026 , a top club would not do that for a poor performance surely? 

Interestingly with a new centre arriving, Hurrell and Bennison are in the reserves squad playing Swinton.  Not sure how to read into that but it seems they both could be being considered back up players and non of the first choice 21 man squad players are being risked? 

Bennison probably is back up but I’d imagine Hurrell needs the game time for fitness. 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Great Signing that, I’m starting to back barrow to stay up after the signings of Brad and Tom Walker, and now Smith. There team is starting to look pretty strong.

Edited by NRLandSL

16 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

It's random. Highly thought of tbh. I just think it's money. There's a decent spirit at Bradford ATM. 

I very much doubt it's money. He signed a new contract at Bradford in August, and at the moment Fev definitely aren't flashing money about, as exemplified by the fact that three of their recent triallists haven't played since being released by League 1 teams.

Might be something to do with family, might be wanting a move due to being down the pecking order at Bradford, who knows.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I very much doubt it's money. He signed a new contract at Bradford in August, and at the moment Fev definitely aren't flashing money about, as exemplified by the fact that three of their recent triallists haven't played since being released by League 1 teams.

Might be something to do with family, might be wanting a move due to being down the pecking order at Bradford, who knows.

He's first choice Second Rower.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Would have thought Salford might have picked up Kasiano on a free but clearly they can't even afford that after further cost cuts with the 'sacking' of Burgess.

• Like 1

Fax apparently signing Ben Hursey-Hord from Leeds. Don't know much about him other than seeing him in the pre-season game against Bradford. No idea on the deal if its a season long(or game by game as I prefer to call it) or a permanent deal although I presume the former.

Also Fax council looking to transfer(see what I did there) ownership of the stadium to someone else. Still hoping the RFL step up and take on the iconic ground.....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fax apparently signing Ben Hursey-Hord from Leeds. Don't know much about him other than seeing him in the pre-season game against Bradford. No idea on the deal if its a season long(or game by game as I prefer to call it) or a permanent deal although I presume the former.

Also Fax council looking to transfer(see what I did there) ownership of the stadium to someone else. Still hoping the RFL step up and take on the iconic ground.....

Why would the RFL buy The Shay, a soccer ground , when the spiritual home of Rugby League in Halifax for over one hundred years was Thrum Hall?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DG70 said:

Would have thought Salford might have picked up Kasiano on a free but clearly they can't even afford that after further cost cuts with the 'sacking' of Burgess.

Apparently he’s injured so so no will sign him plus he really doesn’t suit Salford’s way of playing 

Supposedly Leigh Intrested in Knights young fullback David Armstrong. 

Would be a fantastic signing in my eyes. Been an absolute star in NSW Cup and has been touted as one of the best young fullbacks in the NRL.

15 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Supposedly Leigh Intrested in Knights young fullback David Armstrong. 

Would be a fantastic signing in my eyes. Been an absolute star in NSW Cup and has been touted as one of the best young fullbacks in the NRL.

Worrying aspect to that is how the overseas spot would be freed up, if they are looking at him for 2024.

That said, the report I've read (from Matt Shaw) says that Leigh have expressed an interest, but it's not clear whether he'd be given a release of if the player even wants one. So I suspect it's unlikely for this year.

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Worrying aspect to that is how the overseas spot would be freed up, if they are looking at him for 2024.

That said, the report I've read (from Matt Shaw) says that Leigh have expressed an interest, but it's not clear whether he'd be given a release of if the player even wants one. So I suspect it's unlikely for this year.

If we do bring in another import, i fully expect Nakubuwai to leave and more than likely to Salford considering he's a) 5th at best in the pecking order for props which is a waste of a quota spot, b) Salford are desperate for players(props in particular) and c) Paul Rowley does most of his scouting in the WN postcodes.

20 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

If we do bring in another import, i fully expect Nakubuwai to leave and more than likely to Salford considering he's a) 5th at best in the pecking order for props which is a waste of a quota spot, b) Salford are desperate for players(props in particular) and c) Paul Rowley does most of his scouting in the WN postcodes.

But he must've just signed a contract for 2024. Why sign him up in the first place if they want an overseas full back / winger?

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

But he must've just signed a contract for 2024. Why sign him up in the first place if they want an overseas full back / winger?

I'm sure they will have been pretty up front with him about his standing in the squad and i think there is good reason that there has been no official announcement on a new deal for him like there were for other players. He's ok cover to have if you can't bring in an x factor player, but realistically he's not going to get much game time that isn't injury replacement/resting. 

4 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Hearing rumours of a big name moving from Saints to Catalan. 

If it is Tommy Makinson then that noise has been around for a little while.

Or are you referring to someone else / something for this season?

• Thanks 1