New drama

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No. Just the club or the RFL. 

Correct, though whilst no club should react to every silly rumour that rears it's head, something like this should surely have prompted the club to refute it, based on the reputational harm of not doing so.

As a fan owned club, surely loads of people know the situation... 

6 minutes ago, dboy said:

Just on an mostly unrelated note - What an awful Rugby League section MEN has .. I have never been on it before, but the banner is the introduction to the 2023 season, and when I looked down the first article that popped up was about Wigan going through a hectic fixture period with their upcoming match against Toulouse... Dated Aug 2022.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dboy said:

Local/regional journalism just doesn't exist anymore.

It's just click-bait and syndication.

If you go on the MEN Rugby League section there isn't even any clickbait, unless you are going back a year.

I'm not going to search through the MEN but have they not reported once on anything to do with Salford for over a year? Even the recent stadium/council issues? Surely that should be in the RL section. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dboy said:

That's not all correct.

The "losses" were due to the club spending money outside of that funded via Yorkcourt, including a new roof on the Rollin building and new floodlights.

You have stated this but it is not true, the lights,pitch and rollin shack money were not paid for out of club funds. 

I am really suprised how many people believed this. The losses were created due to the basic running costs of the club, nothing to do with improvements. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

You have stated this but it is not true, the lights,pitch and rollin shack money were not paid for out of club funds. 

I am really suprised how many people believed this. The losses were created due to the basic running costs of the club, nothing to do with improvements. 

You and your Carter-hating friends have got to let it go - he's gone.

Wakefield posted a profit the previous year, and a small loss (the smallest loss in SL), the following year.

In the same period, the club's assets increased and the club's net value went up.

Carter/Minards are on record as to the funding of the big screen and floodlights - both were funded and installed before the Yorkcourt completion.

The accounts are public domain.

If true and Salford have spent the rent money will Wakefield sue like some football clubs are threatening to sue Everton 

Edited by DEANO
Missed a word out

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

17 minutes ago, DEANO said:

If true and Salford have spent the rent money Wakefield sue like some football clubs are threatening to sue Everton 

I don’t agree with teams going to law (my RU side was relegated from the Championship a couple of months before LW went pop).

it does no one any good to be second guessing who goes down or up.

However, what should happen is that clubs that materially #### the league up for their fellow teams - not for a moment suggesting Salford have done that but in principle - should have the book and the kitchen sink thrown at them.

The governing body (any sport) should be the arbiter of fair play IMO, not the courts.

2 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I'm so confused, is Salford playing at the AJ next year or not... talk about dragging on.

They are advertising their home games as being at "the Salford stadium".

I'm guessing Eccles ARLFC.

Dramatic, but not a drama.

James Gordon - from BBC Radio Merseyside - speaks with great sense in that this is most likely about SRD asking for central funding upfront  and the RFL -  for once acting to the book and their own protocol.

Given local Tory meddling has unnecessarily delayed the Council acquisition of a useful piece of office space, thus affecting revenue streams for Solly, I am not surprised they have asked for that central funding.

I'd sooner be in this manageable predicament that losing £2.5m per year as some clubs are allegedly are. That and 8 figure sized debts are surely wrong, unsustainable and also akin to financial doping.

So a temporary blip. All resolved in good time early next Spring.

Next story, move on kids.

2 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

James Gordon - from BBC Radio Merseyside - speaks with great sense in that this is most likely about SRD asking for central funding upfront  and the RFL -  for once acting to the book and their own protocol.

Given local Tory meddling has unnecessarily delayed the Council acquisition of a useful piece of office space, thus affecting revenue streams for Solly, I am not surprised they have asked for that central funding.

I'd sooner be in this manageable predicament that losing £2.5m per year as some clubs are allegedly are. That and 8 figure sized debts are surely wrong, unsustainable and also akin to financial doping.

What???!!

How is "asking for your wages before you've been to work", not a drama?

In what way has "Tory meddling" made Salford sign players before they pay their bills?

How is never actually paying your rent in full (yes NEVER), a temporary blip?  

You'd sooner be 2 steps away from liquidation, rather than having a Ken Davy sugar daddy who soaks up a £2m loss per year?

How is that fan-owned entity going?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

image.jpeg.355d98c2ceb6af1d712f21640de20ca4.jpeg

Great job, Chemical Ali couldn’t do a better job. 

Oh, nearly forgot “Tories” 

Edited by The Masked Poster
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Until we force all clubs to not spend money they don't have, which is never going to happen, this will always happen!

Agreed....Salford have been awful in terms of spending everything they have on the first team wages

I personally don't think they'll start the season and Wakey will be in SL this year 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed....Salford have been awful in terms of spending everything they have on the first team wages

I personally don't think they'll start the season and Wakey will be in SL this year 

I don't think many at Wakefield actually want that.  

• Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son