1895 Cup Group Three Preview: Newcastle Thunder, Wakefield Trinity, York Knights

GROUP THREE Newcastle Thunder Wakefield Trinity York Knights WAKEFIELD TRINITY will be out to make a statement in this year’s 1895 Cup and can realistically...

View the full article

• Like 1

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

@John Drake If we are to have threads with links to match previews for every game this year, perhaps these links would be best placed in the opening post of the relevant match threads.

aye, strong "RLFans Newshound" vibes about that string of 1895 Cup previews. I mean it's their forum so it's up to them what they put on it but the RL Fans Virtual Terrace is a good example of what can happen when a forum gets overrun with that type of post.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

I assume they’ve entered the Challenge Cup? If they get an upper end Championship club their lads could be physically battered with three hugely tough games in 16 days.

Not sure if they had any choice but they’d have been better off not entering the cups this year. 

28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Aye, it's absolutely nailed on that both Wakefield and York will proceed to the next round, one by winning the group, the other by being the runner-up with the best record, simply by being in Newcastle's group.

Unless somebody wins a group on points difference, of course.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

17 minutes ago, horbury ram said:

Or a draw between the two teams have won there other match, that would upset the rfl grand plan

Yes - same as the scenario I posted.

Just a quick one to say thanks for the support, as I've posted elsewhere previously we know it's going to be tough this season. 

The lads who played yesterday have had three training sessions together and we have literally started from scratch. 

I understand the comments re not a good look for the game but also appreciate there is a lot of goodwill towards us which is appreciated. 

We are trying to build something that is sustainable, we have no backer to fall back on anymore. So we're not going to get everything right and volunteers are now a huge part of the club. This is with the aim of keeping rugby league alive in the north east. Again I get people argue we have had magic and the World Cup but that's done now and we have to concentrate on the here and now. 

If you're in the north east or know anyone who is encourage them to get to Kingston Park. If we're at a ground near you then please come and support us. We know there's a lot of goodwill. I know social media is divisive with IMG but please share, like and comment on anything we post as you doing that genuinely helps raising awareness of rugby league. That's the bigger picture beyond IMG fandom points! 

As a club we'll stick together and get behind everyone as we do want to keep rugby league alive in the north east. 

That wasn't as quick as I thought! 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Might as well just been at Belle Vue.

Worried about the floodlights, I expect.

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Bad choice with Fev then, even with the lights on its dark. 

In the corners I'll have you know lol ,might as well have been at Wakefield really.