2024 attendance thread

14 hours ago, eal said:

Does Oldham have any chance of getting back to former glories? Certainly still seems to be a good base of support there.

The club certainly has aspirations for SL. Mike Ford said it was a seven year plan but hoped to achieve sooner. If you look how the back room and administration of the club is set up you will see the pathway

• Like 2

17 hours ago, langpark said:

2,041 today for Oldham vs Rochdale. 

And yesterday at the same venue, roughly the same for Rochdale Mayfield vs Waterhead.

How did this game get such a good crowd.

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

Local Derby involving two big RL towns with Oldham having a bit of a revival at the moment 

Great to see so was the Mayfield v Watershed game played on a different day to the Oldham v Rochdale game ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Great to see so was the Mayfield v Watershed game played on a different day to the Oldham v Rochdale game ?

Yes. Mayfield V Waterhead was the Oldham Standard cup final played on Saturday. It's always pretty well attended. If it was Waterhead Vs another Oldham club in the final on Saturday then the attendance would have been even higher.

Roughyeds V Rochdale was Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, daz39 said:

6,000 at Salford? i find that hard to believe as apart from the away end it didn't look any busier than it does with 2,500-3,000 there, i'm presuming there wasn't 3,000 Leigh fans present as the away terrace only holds 2,500 and that didn't look full either, i can't believe they are saying there were 4,000 Salford fans in that ground.

Are they counting those on the M60 who pass the stadium too or in planes going to the Aerodrome?

Bit rich from a Fartowner

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damien said:

Do you think on their supporter forums people constantly call the figures into question? As in 'been to Brisbane games a few times and that was never over 45k. Reckon it was more like 44,650'...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, N2022 said:

Do you think on their supporter forums people constantly call the figures into question? As in 'been to Brisbane games a few times and that was never over 45k. Reckon it was more like 44,650'...

Who cares the NRL is doing very well apart from Gold Coast.

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

Gold Coast who averaged over 19K home attendance last season? If you're picking a laggard in terms of attendances, St. George is clearly the one to go for, particularly home games in Wollongong, although Kogarah isn't much better.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 07:21, Archie Gordon said:

London are now estimating their attendance. Perhaps not surprisingly, they estimated that the sections of the ground that were open were 3/4s full: 2300. 

Not sure 2,300 is right, I don't think there was 500 in each stand that was open, I think Giants sold around 500, most of us were in the south stand, I'd probably say there was around 400 in there and around 100 down the side in the east, I can't see how there was anywhere near 1,800 London fans, my photo on the match thread is more or less the London support, although some of those in that stand as I say were Huddersfield fans.

I think they've over estimated by 1,000 there.

Such a shame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonM said:

Gold Coast who averaged over 19K home attendance last season? If you're picking a laggard in terms of attendances, St. George is clearly the one to go for, particularly home games in Wollongong, although Kogarah isn't much better.

I'm talking about this year and do hope the Gold Coast will get some better support....St.George at Kogarah yes your right but so wrong about St.George at Wollongong as 16,000 plus at Win at the weekend just need mire games in the Gong.

5 hours ago, EggFace said:

I'm talking about this year and do hope the Gold Coast will get some better support....St.George at Kogarah yes your right but so wrong about St.George at Wollongong as 16,000 plus at Win at the weekend just need mire games in the Gong.

Plenty of 8000 crowds at Wollongong last season.  If you exclude the games played at country venues (Cairns, Bundaberg, Mudgee etc) four of the ten lowest NRL crowds last season were at Wollongong and two more were at Kogarah.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EggFace said:

I agree NRL is doing well. Just meant a bit of fun based on all the suspicion in posts about SL attendances in response to club comms.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phiggins said:

Last few hundred tickets left for the Leigh Wigan game. 

Though there'll probably be a few thousand seats left once Wigan have racked up their cricket score!

Stranger things have happened. Have faith. 

If we turn up with the side similar to Salford though, I will be wading on Wigan with -10 with ease ! 

Could be a long season unfortunately 😥

Edited by Snowys Backside

3 hours ago, JonM said:

Plenty of 8000 crowds at Wollongong last season.  If you exclude the games played at country venues (Cairns, Bundaberg, Mudgee etc) four of the ten lowest NRL crowds last season were at Wollongong and two more were at Kogarah.

Just looked on Rugby League/AFL Table crowd stats and you are right with the Gong crowds but maybe the that was do to with St.Merge winning 5 out of 27 games ?...love to see the game in Woooongong prosper.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Approx 10000 pre sales for Leigh v Wigan on Thursday.

Didn’t know the joint held that many. This looks to be the best immediate promotion performance for years and sustaining itself into year 2. Great job Leigh.

• Like 1