2024 attendance thread

14 hours ago, dboy said:

I am completely honest and sincere when I state that a club hiding it's actual attendances are being unnecessarily vague, misleading or dishonest.

My beliefs are not in any way disingenuous.  

I'd suggest anyone blithely accepting HKRs nonsensical, word-soup, non-explanations and justifications are indeed being disingenuous.  

I bet you believe in chemtrails, that Bill Gates is taking over the world through microchipped vaccines and that Elvis has opened a chip shop on the moon as well.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy! They've filled the stands with dummies bought from Debenhams when they went bust! My mate Brian down the Dog & Duck knows a guy who knows Neil Hudgell's wife's Aunty and she let it slip over a family BBQ in Bransholme last Sunday!!   

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, M j M said:

Why wouldn't they just sell reserved seating for this game? 

Wigan always sold their away end the same way. Suppose it allows travelling families/friends to stay together and BIG lads get a bit more room

5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Wigan always sold their away end the same way. Suppose it allows travelling families/friends to stay together and BIG lads get a bit more room

I can't see the logic in that, it's up to Leigh to tell Wigan it's allocated seating. That's not a difficult concept for people to get their heads around.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

I can't see the logic in that, it's up to Leigh to tell Wigan it's allocated seating. That's not a difficult concept for people to get their heads around.

its 200 seats and fans know they will be together - makes visiting the LSV a joy

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I bet you believe in chemtrails, that Bill Gates is taking over the world through microchipped vaccines and that Elvis has opened a chip shop on the moon as well.

It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy! They've filled the stands with dummies bought from Debenhams when they went bust! My mate Brian down the Dog & Duck knows a guy who knows Neil Hudgell's wife's Aunty and she let it slip over a family BBQ in Bransholme last Sunday!!   

To be fair he hs a valid point, no need to take the P or be sarcastic like that.

I think most people find it a bit strange that suddenly HKR have decided to go against the 'norm' for the sport and do something totally different, it's obviously going to be questioned, i'm pretty sure you would have thought 'eh, why?'  in the beginning yourself.

Whatever spiel they have put around it, it is not normal in RL terms.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Why wouldn't they just sell reserved seating for this game? 

Trouble with reserved seating at away ends is people generally don't bother sitting in their seats, and it becomes a nightmare to steward. Unreserved seating means people can buy tickets separately and still know they can sit with their mates.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Trouble with reserved seating at away ends is people generally don't bother sitting in their seats, and it becomes a nightmare to steward. Unreserved seating means people can buy tickets separately and still know they can sit with their mates.

Unreserved seating also means that capacity of the area is reduced by 10% under H&S legislation, thus affecting the accuracy of "sold out" and "at capacity".

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

Unreserved seating also means that capacity of the area is reduced by 10% under H&S legislation, thus affecting the accuracy of "sold out" and "at capacity".

Yes, seats are left unsold to allow for the flexibility of people picking and choosing seats as they arrive. Wigan will have sold every ticket available for the South Stand last night. 

• Like 1

7169 Dogs v Roosters

9448 Knights v Dragons

two sub 10k crowds in apocalyptic conditions. Although I will always question the strategy of any club hosting a Fri 6pm KO at Homebush.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

7169 Dogs v Roosters

9448 Knights v Dragons

two sub 10k crowds in apocalyptic conditions. Although I will always question the strategy of any club hosting a Fri 6pm KO at Homebush.

Can't imagine the Bulldogs game would've been better attended at Belmore, where cover is pretty limited except along one side (and even those sat at the front of the main stand get wet)? Perhaps a good thing that Parra, Penrith & Wests are all away this weekend, as it looks much worse out west?

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

7169 Dogs v Roosters

9448 Knights v Dragons

Why does rainfall affect crowds so much more over there? I have seen plenty of games in torrential rain here with the attendance completely unaffected. In the NRL it seems to cut the attendance in half.

Edited by JonNgog

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

7169 Dogs v Roosters

9448 Knights v Dragons

Fox dont!

1 hour ago, JonNgog said:

Why does rainfall affect crowds so much more over there? I have seen plenty of games in torrential rain here with the attendance completely unaffected. In the NRL it seems to cut the attendance in half.

It was a proper weather warning with full on storm conditions. There was also a 'really don't travel unless necessary' protocol in place.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It was a proper weather warning with full on storm conditions. There was also a 'really don't travel unless necessary' protocol in place.

Nothing worse than "fair weather fans".

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, M j M said:

It’s been tried before and didn’t work (not just at LSV, I’ve witnessed it at a few SL grounds) and it’s just a foreign concept. Post below nails it.

(I must admit football away games are reserved seating 99% of the time and very few people take notice, but that’s also with everybody stood up in a seated area, blocking aisles and cramming 29-30 people on a 28 seat row because people are determined to sit together even if they bought separately so not exactly an example to follow!) 

9 hours ago, phiggins said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s been tried before and didn’t work (not just at LSV, I’ve witnessed it at a few SL grounds) and it’s just a foreign concept. Post below nails it.

(I must admit football away games are reserved seating 99% of the time and very few people take notice, but that’s also with everybody stood up in a seated area, blocking aisles and cramming 29-30 people on a 28 seat row because people are determined to sit together even if they bought separately so not exactly an example to follow!) 

It's not a big thing. But Saints fans seem to cope with the concept at the DW Stadium when the away end is allocated seating.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonM said:

Can't imagine the Bulldogs game would've been better attended at Belmore, where cover is pretty limited except along one side (and even those sat at the front of the main stand get wet)? Perhaps a good thing that Parra, Penrith & Wests are all away this weekend, as it looks much worse out west?

I’m not questioning the choice of stadium because of the weather. There isn’t a worse time-slot in the weekend fixtures to choose playing there.

3 hours ago, JonNgog said:

I am not surprised fans are put off by the prospect of sitting unprotected from rain for 80 minutes and then making their way home. It very much looked like a night to watch it from the couch. Especially the Knights game.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

It's not a big thing. But Saints fans seem to cope with the concept at the DW Stadium when the away end is allocated seating.

Except the away end at the DW is unreserved seating for RL games. Saints fans queue up before the turnstiles open and then do the RL equivalent of sticking towels on sunloungers to try and save the seats for their mates. Similar story in the South Stand for home fans. I should know, I spent 10 years printing the tickets.

(It was reserved seating for the World Club Challenge, but that was a whole other set up)  

Also I should add that the North Stand has 5,400 seats yet only a maximum of 4,800 are allowed in with reserved seating and even fewer for unreserved so that makes things easier (might only be 4,600 now based on Bolton’s allocation a few weeks ago)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Except the away end at the DW is unreserved seating for RL games. Saints fans queue up before the turnstiles open and then do the RL equivalent of sticking towels on sunloungers to try and save the seats for their mates.

It's allocated seating for the Saints game, unallocated for other clubs.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, M j M said:

It's allocated seating for the Saints game, unallocated for other clubs.

Fair enough, looks as though that only changed last season with a resultant increase in allocation. As mentioned above, the DW has the advantage of being so badly designed at that end that there will be rafts of empty seats at that end regardless which then negates the issues previously mentioned. 

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

That seems a very low crowd for a fixture like this.

Was it really 3,000 less than the Saints game? Didn’t look like it.