2024 attendance thread

4 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

46,224 is a huge crowd by NRL standards but somehow I feel a little surprised that the Brisbane derby didn’t draw 50k.

It was widely stated as being a sell-out, so I'm not quite sure why the figure was several thousand down on capacity.

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

That just leaves the still TBA Bunnies v Sharks crowd at Homebush. Having watched the game, I don’t expect there to be any impressive number given when the attendance finally is announced.

12 207 was the announced figure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Looking like another big crowd for Trinity v Toulouse over 6000 tickets sold so far could be a full house with 10 or so days to go

You should have got yourselves relegated years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

On 15/04/2024 at 06:40, JonM said:

It was widely stated as being a sell-out, so I'm not quite sure why the figure was several thousand down on capacity.

Because of stadium members not turning up according to the guys on the NRL forums. They’ve had “sell out” crowds with 10,000 empty seats in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Best thing to happen to be honest with a money man coming in and in a position to reset the club. After years plodding along the club is on the up. Hope Widnes are ready for a game in June

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Or maybe those 'new' fans should have actually bothered then they may not have got into the mess in the 1st place, but all's good now at Trin, they're supporting a winning side and i guarantee they will all say they were there all along 🙂

Fair play though to double their crowds with a few easy wins.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Correct thats way down 

Best I can find in terms of numbers for recent years showed semid finals at 7-900k average and final at 1.1m. These are on BBC 1 though, so will be interesting to see how this year's stack up as both quarters were on BBC 2 this year. 

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

Best thing to happen to be honest with a money man coming in and in a position to reset the club. After years plodding along the club is on the up. Hope Widnes are ready for a game in June

Its ironic isn't it.  Any concerns you could sweep the board in the championship and then get knocked back by the spreadsheet?  I can't remember where you where in the draft run.  Leigh and Cas appear pretty bullish that they'll survive which would leave yourselves, Bradford and Toulouse fighting over London's place.  With the dice so loaded against championship clubs miss out this time and it could be game over. 

7 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Matt Ellis wasn't in charge. 

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Or maybe those 'new' fans should have actually bothered then they may not have got into the mess in the 1st place, but all's good now at Trin, they're supporting a winning side and i guarantee they will all say they were there all along 🙂

Fair play though to double their crowds with a few easy wins.

My feelings exactly. The home crowds are more linked to the cut price tickets and freebies though.

The away following is probably mainly the die hards who have now doubled up on previously attending just home games. Possibly due to a winning run similar to the numbers we took to Shudds away game last year. That bubble burst but I can't see a repeat this year.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

15 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Matt Ellis wasn't around. 

Is Ellis in it for the long term?

I mean, he's obviously only just taken on the role of messiah and the lord god in one as far as Wakefield fans are concerned, why hasn't he been involved previously if he's that much of a fan and that rich ( apologies if he has tried to and I've missed it).

If Wakefield don't get back into SL at the first attempt, is he likely to stick around and build the club up or is he just wanting the glory of a few wins and big crowds?

Again, apologies I've missed anything as I don't follow the ins and outs of Wakefield too closely.

But it seems that the timing was right for this guy to appear and be the saviour but is he just another Koukash/Green/Khan etc?

Anyway, back on subject matter, attendances.

From what I can find from this weekend

Catalans v Huddersfield 5,892

Bradford v Toulouse 2,720

Swinton v Sheffield 786

Rochdale v Newcastle 379

Keighley v North Wales 1,096

Barrow v Dewsbury 1,675

Midlands v Hunslet 302 (at Sheffield)

Oldham v Cornwall 1,136

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Its ironic isn't it.  Any concerns you could sweep the board in the championship and then get knocked back by the spreadsheet?  I can't remember where you where in the draft run.  Leigh and Cas appear pretty bullish that they'll survive which would leave yourselves, Bradford and Toulouse fighting over London's place.  With the dice so loaded against championship clubs miss out this time and it could be game over. 

Before the stand was built and other improvements our score put us in 11th I believe above Cas and Leigh, Leigh will be a point down as the cup win counts as a point but only for that year. Cas are trying to sort out contingencies with their ground to obtain points but they could be lower in points for position in the league if they don't get up the ladder a bit.

Bradford are a bit behind and odsal appears to be a bit of a noose, Toulouse are in the mix but again will need positional points I believe. I am no 'spreadsheet expert' but this how i read the runes.

26 minutes ago, meast said:

...he's obviously only just taken on the role of messiah and the lord god in one...  

You missed the third part - this is Trinity we're discussing after all! 😉

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Before the stand was built and other improvements our score put us in 11th I believe above Cas and Leigh, Leigh will be a point down as the cup win counts as a point but only for that year. Cas are trying to sort out contingencies with their ground to obtain points but they could be lower in points for position in the league if they don't get up the ladder a bit.

Bradford are a bit behind and odsal appears to be a bit of a noose, Toulouse are in the mix but again will need positional points I believe. I am no 'spreadsheet expert' but this how i read the runes.

Hi FT , Leigh's cup win is only 0.25 points and DB has already said that with the extra points they will get for finances in 2024 , Leigh should be Cat A

In theory Wakey are 12th in the 2023 gradings as Cas appealed their score but were told by RFL that there would be no appeals as it was an indicative grading only . However , the RFL did state that had it gone to appeal then with the re-submitted figures from Cas , they would receive an extra 0.75 points taking them into 11th spot.

This year will be interesting . Wakey will gain the difference back on Cas if they win 1895 Cup and GF . Both teams should get the extra point (hopefully) for the stadium , but Wakey's new stand should increase turnover more , but how much of a difference this will make with turnover down due to relegation and the subsequent loss of revenue from ticket sales , remains to be seen.

The one area that will improve for Wakey though , is the turnover to central funding ratio . Going down to Championship means that your central funding has dropped dramatically and so you should score full marks (0.75 I think) in this area . Cas won't , but with no published figures in Finance section from IMG it's hard to know just how many points Wakey scored in this area last season.

Both clubs have said that Cat A may be beyond their reach this season , but hopefully they can both be high 14s and secure SL status for 2025 .

Edited by Taffy Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi FT , Leigh's cup win is only 0.25 points and DB has already said that with the extra points they will get for finances in 2024 , Leigh should be Cat A

In theory Wakey are 12th in the 2023 gradings as Cas appealed their score but were told by RFL that there would be no appeals as it was an indicative grading only . However , the RFL did state that had it gone to appeal then with the re-submitted figures from Cas , they would receive an extra 0.75 points taking them into 11th spot.

This year will be interesting . Wakey will gain the difference back on Cas if they win 1895 Cup and GF . Both teams should get the extra point (hopefully) for the stadium , but Wakey's new stand should increase turnover more , but how much of a difference this will make with turnover down due to relegation and the subsequent loss of revenue from ticket sales , remains to be seen.

The one area that will improve for Wakey though , is the turnover to central funding ratio . Going down to Championship means that your central funding has dropped dramatically and so you should score full marks (0.75 I think) in this area . Cas won't , but with no published figures in Finance section from IMG it's hard to know just how many points Wakey scored in this area last season.

Both clubs have said that Cat A may be beyond their reach this season , but hopefully they can both be high 14s and secure SL status for 2025 .

Thanks for that explanation that's most helpful 👍

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Haven't bothered looking at the gradings in recent months but if Leigh, Cas and Wakefield all improve is it possible that Salford and Huddersfield could get dragged in to the spreadsheet bunfight?

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Haven't bothered looking at the gradings in recent months but if Leigh, Cas and Wakefield all improve is it possible that Salford and Huddersfield could get dragged in to the spreadsheet bunfight?

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Hi JHF

Yes , they could , but without knowing the exact breakdown of their indicative scoring , it's hard to know just how much of a scope they have for improvement . 

They are both a little way ahead of 10th place in the indicative gradings , but with Leigh already on the verge of a Cat A at the end of the season , and Cas and Wakey both hoping for mid 14 scores , then Salford and Huddersfield would be in no way guaranteed SL status .

Knowing that London are definitely out though , means that a Wakey for London swap would be the most likely . That said , we don't know if Bradford have improved enough to challenge or what the situation is at Toulouse either .

It could all get very interesting around October/Novemeber time.

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

The cup counts for 0.25 points, which will drop off Leigh’s score.