Sat 17th Feb: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 5.30pm (Sky/BBC/SL+)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/24 at 18:00

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Shoulder to the head, that’s a red card

I didn't fully watch the incident until the red card, and seeing the replay, it is direct contact from his shoulder into his head, which causes his head to bounce into the other guys shoulder. 

Definitely a red.

Just now, Dunedan said:

I'm sorry, but how is what Watts just did worse than what Smith did?

One was forceful contact from shoulder direct to head, the other was careless tackle where the defender was put in a dangerous position

Fully deserved red card that I’m afraid. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Such a shame that this could be the turning point because Cas are well in this and now they're up against it. Tempers are going to go more I feel throughout. 

Not sure Watts is off and not Westermam when Westerman hit him in the head with his shoulder before Watts.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Coggo said:

The armpit rule that comes in the pro game next year is going to be fascinating…

What's hitting below the armpit got to do with a shoulder making direct contact with someone's head?

Watts knows the new rules yet still lead high with his shoulder and made first contact with the head!

I don’t like it, think it’s a bit harsh (maybe a yellow) but thems the rules and Watts knows it

On the basis of the replay Westerman was lucky he didn’t go as well

• Like 3

Just now, Click said:

What's hitting below the armpit got to do with a shoulder making direct contact with someone's head?

Well, if some people think ‘the game’s gone’ now, wait till next year.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Not sure Watts is off and not Westermam when Westerman hit him in the head with his shoulder before Watts.

Yea, I was thinking I might need to see another replay to see who actually hit him in the head first with their shoulder. 

2 minutes ago, Click said:

One was forceful contact from shoulder direct to head, the other was careless tackle where the defender was put in a dangerous position

Is picking someone up and dropping them on their head not forceful contact?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coggo said:

Well, if some people think ‘the game’s gone’ now, wait till next year.

Some people think the game's gone every year.

Game's still here.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Craig Linguard's reaction is certainly the funniest thing Ive seen so far this season. I mean he has access to multiple replays and still gives that reaction. 🤣 

it's as clear a red card as you will see this season. I also thought Smith should be a red as it was a deliberate lifting and no release action that could have resulted in a terible injury. I would not be surprised to see him kop a ban for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coggo said:

The armpit rule that comes in the pro game next year is going to be fascinating…

It's going to turn off a lot of people...looked forward to this game but switched over to Dragons v Wolves game.

Please NRL don't follow us Brits.