Sat 24th Feb: SL: Huddersfield Giants v St Helens KO 5.30pm (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/24 at 18:00

Discuss the match here.

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

I picked Saints in the poll, but genuinely don't know what to expect from Huddersfield this season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Is this one on the radio?

Timewise it would fit in pretty well as something to listen to on my drive to Wigan this evening.

BBC Radio Merseyside, according to https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/radio 

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sironen reefs the ball out of the tackle but it's deemed a knock on.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

A bit like the one on Percival earlier! 

0-6

Sorry, no blinkers, only just started watching!

• Like 1

One thing that the refs do actually seem to be getting better at this year is spotting the marginal forward passes.

(Righty ho, I think I need a lie down coming up with summat positive to say about our officials after last night's refereeing fiasco!)

Video Ref is Marcus Griffith?

Surprised Matautia wasn't sent off.

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

0-12 HT I reckon.

No flies on you mate.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Can't get into this game after all the excitement last night.

Don't know what it's like in the ground but it's coming across as incredibly flat on the TV. Sounds like a library.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Any explanation on t'telly as to no red card? 

Giants defence okay, attack less so. Someone tell Watto that Tui ain't a fullback. 

Frustrating half, score flattering Saints in a game I'm expecting the Giants to lose 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

Don't know what it's like in the ground but it's coming across as incredibly flat on the TV. Sounds like a library.

It's not quiet in the ground  if that helps 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

Pretty sure I heard you tapping on your phone just then.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

I can hear plenty of chanting and the cowbell, but it sounds very distant.

Just a question of levels on the mixing board. The cowbell at Huddersfield is always a good gauge of the sound set-up. It's not nearly annoying enough today.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson