What Club Do You Support?

8 hours ago, N2022 said:

Be careful with this, folks. He's got your favourite sports team, plus favourite player and year of birth in many cases. If he just asks your mother's maiden name, too, that'll be a good chance of password and memorable question being guessable ...

Leed5Rh1n05...

What ??? 

So when he DM'd me earlier for my bank account number it was WRONG for me to send it?

Leigh are my team.

However my first RL match was St.Helens v Bramley 17/04/74 at Knowsley Road, aged 7 and I loved it. Went with my aunt and uncle who were massive St Helens fans.

However we lived a short bus ride from Leigh, and i was allowed to go aged 9 with an older friend (he was 12 I think) on the bus to watch Leigh v Barrow 5/09/76 in the 1st Division at Hilton Park. 18-8 to Leigh in front of a mere 1,967.. It was 25p to get in.

I was amazed that I'd be able to go and watch live Rugby without waiting for the occasional invite from my aunt to watch Saints.

So it was Leigh....my favourite sporting hero to this day is John Woods.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

I know some are obvious on here but some I've known who've posted fir 20 years and still don't know who they support lol.

For those that don't know I'm Bradford Bulls first game 1987.

Never mind❗

• Haha 1

Fax, first game would be around '59/'60. I was brought up about five streets below Thrum Hall. Some of my earliest memories are of us kids climbing over those old walls and dropping down the other side behind the main stand. 😀 💙 🤍❗

• Like 1

19 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

what's mine named after?

Howlin' Johnny & The Devil's Rejects - ace Keighley band

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Leigh, first game in Jan 1992

Could see the Hilton Park floodlights out of my bedroom window so it was never going to be any other way.

A godparent took me and my brother to Wigan a couple of times, but he knew he’d lost when we were cheering on the Aussies against Wigan at Central Park in the ‘94 Ashes tour 😅

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

First game ever was GB vs New Zealand at Headingley 1985.

One of the Classic Games, that's how test matches should be played, do you remember the police on the field trying to break up a fight with David Watkinson and a Kiwi player, and then there was Wayne Wallace the Kiwi hooker he was the original 'baby faced assassin' before Tuuta,

But my fondest memory was a young Lee Crookes took on the might of the Kiwi pack which included Mark Graham, the Sorenson brothers Dane and Kurt and Kevin Tamati.

Sorry guys placed the wrong link on top, take that gas s bonus.

For the GB game anyone who hasn't seen it, enjoy, thanks for the memory double M.

No spoilers from me purposefully not put the score.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MZH said:

Hull FC, first game (at least that I can remember) was 1997 against Huddersfield, the season we got promoted.

Did you take a Kilner bank seat as a souvenir as a lot of you lot did that afternoon?

According to my parents my first game watching Salford at the Willows was in 1946 and I am still a fan some seventy eight years later along with all the family and some friends.

I can’t remember who we were playing but I do remember the hot potatoes when it was cold and Lucketties ice cream on the warm days and my dad used to say that Albert Lucketti  the ice cream  man was faster than any of the players if he could see a sale along the touch line.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Howlin' Johnny & The Devil's Rejects - ace Keighley band

not far off

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 hours ago, N2022 said:

Be careful with this, folks. He's got your favourite sports team, plus favourite player and year of birth in many cases. If he just asks your mother's maiden name, too, that'll be a good chance of password and memorable question being guessable ...

Leed5Rh1n05...

I also live in New Delhi.

• Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 02/03/2024 at 13:46, graveyard johnny said:

what's mine named after?

Something found alongside rosebay willowherb, syringes and glass?

• Sad 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

A family move from rural Gloucestershire to a house in Astley (between Leigh and Salford) resulted in a new school friend taking me to my first game on 25 January, 1964 - Wigan 15, Fev 14.  I went quite often to both Central and Hilton Parks, but was primarily a Wigan fan, with a soft spot for Leigh.

The sudden death of my dad meant a family move back to the Bristol area and I could only follow league spasmodically on terrestial TV.  Last match before that move south was Wigan -v- New Zealand on 4 September, 1965; the tourists won 17-12.

I re-introduced myself to being a regular follower of the game primarily by Sky TV.  I was appalled at the original SL decision to place the only French team in Paris and hence delighted when at the second attempt they got it right with a team in the southern heartland.  So I became a fan of Les Dracs.

Nowadays, its Catalans first and Wigan second (so really couldn't be completely disappointed by last year's GF!)

I've managed to see Les Dracs live once - the Wembley victory over the Wire.  My best Wigan memory is being in the crowd of over 39,000 that saw Wigan beat the Saints 7-2 at Central Park in the challenge cup 2nd round on 22 February, 1965.  That year, they beat Hunslet in the final in early May, having played eight games in April.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

Did you take a Kilner bank seat as a souvenir as a lot of you lot did that afternoon?

Too young to remember that, although the game I mentioned was at the Boulevard, not at your place.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Too young to remember that, although the game I mentioned was at the Boulevard, not at your place.

Ah, the one where an OAP on our bus got hit by flying glass from the bricked coach window!