Sun 3rd March : SL : Hull FC v London Broncos KO 3pm (Sky Sports Action)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • London Broncos

(Best behaviour mode)

Discuss the SL game between Hull FC and London Broncos here without any inferences that the officials are anything but impartial please.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I would hope that, even with our suspensions and injuries, we should have too much for London, but I say that with only a smidgeon of confidence.

I suspect it may well be rather close game though and a nervy afternoon for us Black and Whites. Matty Russell and Joe Bullock arrive on loan so that should give us a bit of a boost.

Hull FC 26 London 12 and nobody sent off.

(Fingers crossed, the latter part would be a first for us this season)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Realistically, genuine opportunities for London to pick up any points this season are going to be very limited.

An injury & suspension ravaged bang out of form Hull is going to as good as it gets. I really don't want to see London finish on zero points this season so for that reason alone I'm hoping they can edge a close encounter and get the 2 points (sorry Hull fans)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I would hope that, even with our suspensions and injuries, we should have too much for London, but I say that with only a smidgeon of confidence.

I suspect it may well be rather close game though and a nervy afternoon for us Black and Whites. Matty Russell and Joe Bullock arrive on loan so that should give us a bit of a boost.

Hull FC 26 London 12 and nobody sent off.

(Fingers crossed, the latter part would be a first for us this season)

Pretty much how I feel about it but depends on which permutation of red cards, yellow cards, failed HIAs and injuries we manage to come up with this week.

We finished the first game with eleven men and the second one with twelve. Just hoping that incremental improvement continues. 

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Pretty much how I feel about it but depends on which permutation of red cards, yellow cards, failed HIAs and injuries we manage to come up with this week.

We finished the first game with eleven men and the second one with twelve. Just hoping that incremental improvement continues. 

That's fine this week. But explaining why you have 14 men on the pitch next match could be awkward, and the mid-season transition to Union the week after that seems a bit of a radical departure.

• Haha 3

On paper this is a get right game for Hull FC and I would expect te faithfull to be in loud opice by the end. You culd tell by the smirk on Sam Tomkins face when asked if London had any chance yesterday what he really felt and to be honest as things stand you would get good odds on any different result.

London now have a shirt sponsor in Brewdog and I think most fans would want to see a little more "dog" from the Broncos in looking like scoring tries. Bevan French said post world club challenge, it felt like his Wigan side were defending for 80 minutes and while Bevan does his own side a misjustice, it would accurately describe London v Catalans where the Broncos barely got out of their own half.

The omission of Alex Walker and Gideon Boafo from the starting XIII depresses me greatly and it's sad to say that even at this stage what I am looking for is a performance rather than a result and I do not think I am going to get one with the side being put out.

If they could get a halfback like Toby Sexton from the Bulldogs on a season loan it would be transformative for the Broncos, but  serious money buys are beyond a club that does have the proverbial brass razoo to spend. One reason for that, and the lack of sponsorship is that of all the Super League Clubs London is the one that will not feature on any BBC telecast this season https://twitter.com/rugbyleagueontv/status/1761757655192752260.

While I am a critic of David Hughes, he within his rights to complain about this to the powers that be and IMG. that's no way to treat an expansion club

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 minutes ago, N2022 said:

That's fine this week. But explaining why you have 14 men on the pitch next match could be awkward, and the mid-season transition to Union the week after that seems a bit of a radical departure.

Good point 😁

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

after watching this mornings brilliant  NRL can I  really be bothered to watch another stop start penalty and  error ridden SL  game?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Don’t know, can you?

Not sure the game will recover if he puts on a Bergerac repeat instead

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Tell me you've never watched Championship RL without telling me you've never watched Championship RL...

To answer the question it's Aussie James Vella, he's been over here about 4 years now.

I will be watching plenty this year unfortunately

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Not sure the game will recover if he puts on a Bergerac repeat instead

Columbo actually

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

Columbo actually

Is that the follow up to Love Actually?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.