Fri 8th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/24 at 20:30

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Derek’s had too many beers again. The bloke is an embarrassment.

Maybe we should make Leigh pay for everyone’s travel to France instead of Bernard Gausch. 🤣🤣🤣

I know why his upset. 3 high tackles by Leeds and no action taken, while in the previous home match Amone gets 2 matches for an accidental clash of heads. Also in his indecent haste to disallow the Hanley try, he never checked another angle to see if his right foot was in the air rather than on the line.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I only get to hear of those things second hand, I don't hold much credence with this Social Media stuff whether it is by DJ Beaumont or millions of others with in my opinion nothing else seemingly better to do with their time.

Unfortunately Harry SM is a massive part of marketing the game, wether you see it or not is irrelevant 

6 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

I know why his upset. 3 high tackles by Leeds and no action taken, while in the previous home match Amone gets 2 matches for an accidental clash of heads. Also in his indecent haste to disallow the Hanley try, he never checked another angle to see if his right foot was in the air rather than on the line.

Hanley had his foot in touch, his hand in touch and dropped the ball.

• Like 2

He's such a pathetic little man child, an embarrassment to the sport. Hopefully the rfl grow a pair and shut him the hell up this time 

• Like 1

The test of Beaumont was always going to come when Leigh hit a bad run. It’s easy to be gracious and complimentary when things are going well and last year, in the main, he was but the mask slipped a little post the Wigan game and he’s being tested again now. 

Things were never going to go as well as last year. Leigh’s squad last year and this has a similar balance. It has 4 or 5 of the leagues best players in it but then numerous average players and unlike last year, they’re losing a couple of those big players to injury and it’s hurting them. The one thing they won’t have this year is teams underestimating them either and they’ll have to deal with that. You could say they over achieved last year and it raises expectations. It feels a bit like Newcastle in the football. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe but I don't know for sure, is 3 very chargeable head high tackles by Leeds which were not judged so by the ref, let's see what Tuesday brings, if they decide they warrant a judgement, then the ref has made a or 3 mistakes, if nothing happens then he is correct, but if so what a difference than the first two rounds and don't forget it was this same ref who sent Mickey Mac straight off for something very inconspicuous at Catalan.

Would any of that be an issue if Leigh had won?

I think we all know the answer.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

I don’t think you should be skating other team ‘s owners in your position.

Less said about him the better 😃, i just feel  he's done great things at Leigh and stood his ground over the Leopard shirts and Leigh proved many wrong last season but he can't keep spitting his dummy out when things don't go his way.

7 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

So he doesn’t understand the current protocols and despite Hanley’s foot being on the line doesn’t believe the decision. None of that justifies his pathetic outburst

5 hours ago, RBKnight said:

I hope you used incognito mode.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, but other than that ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

He'll never be a diplomat but I understand his anger. His team were on the wrong side of some very iffy decisions.

They really weren’t. And even if they were, all teams will feel they don’t get the rub of the green in some games throughout the year, and vice versa.

It’s just lacking class.

What’s Leigh’s win/loss ratio after the challenge cup victory? Not pretty I would imagine, probably needs to concentrate on that rather than gobbing off on twitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

They really weren’t. And even if they were, all teams will feel they don’t get the rub of the green in some games throughout the year, and vice versa.

It’s just lacking class.

What’s Leigh’s win/loss ratio after the challenge cup victory? Not pretty I would imagine, probably needs to concentrate on that rather than gobbing off on twitter.

As your team were involved you'll obviously say that. As a neutral I stand by my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

As your team were involved you'll obviously say that. As a neutral I stand by my opinion.

What “iffy” decisions. There was nothing to justify his comments. 

5 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

The point being teams will get 50/50 calls for and against them all season, owners of clubs shouldn’t be dummy spitting after games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Looks like i picked the wrong game

Thanks to seeing the on-screen  scores from the other games, I chose to switch channels to get a look at all 3 games. Quite a night. 👍

43 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

He'll never be a diplomat but I understand his anger. His team were ...

16-0 up against a disjointed side and they let them back in.

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

You may well be right.  However, as an armchair viewer a couple of hundred miles away, I was surprised that the video ref didn't ask for anything from the side to determine whether the player's foot was raised.  From the head on view, I, for one, couldn't tell whether his foot was or was not raised and I don't think either my eyesight or my telly are that bad!

Can i just clarify.

Are we in a week where the game is gone because referee's are penalising high shots or are we in a week where the game is gone because they are not.

It is so hard to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You may well be right.  However, as an armchair viewer a couple of hundred miles away, I was surprised that the video ref didn't ask for anything from the side to determine whether the player's foot was raised.  From the head on view, I, for one, couldn't tell whether his foot was or was not raised and I don't think either my eyesight or my telly are that bad!

Maybe he had the other angle on one of his 7 cameras that no longer see in the live broadcast.

Either way, his foot is very likely to be in touch and the video ref made his call.

Despite whether decisions are right or wrong on the field, Derek has to realise that he is representing the game and has significant influence on the people in and around his club and community. Behaving as he did last night does nothing to promote RL in a positive light. It does a lot to undermine it. It damages it's image and promotes toxicity around the RFL, referees (name your culprit).

He has a responsibility to that end. If he feels as he should, there are places and forums for that discussion to happen in. It shouldn't be on twitter. It's the classic "them Vs us" that gets your followers on side and to hell with the consequences.

• Like 2