Thur 14 Mar: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/03/24 at 20:30

4 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

The card is for preventing a try scoring opportunity. If you give the try, you've not prevented a try scoring opportunity.

The literal definition of a penalty try is preventing a try scoring opportunity with foul play.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

The literal definition of a penalty try is preventing a try scoring opportunity with foul play.

How can you be prevented from scoring a try and be awarded a try? Just because you haven't grounded the ball, a try is a try, penalty try or not.

Just now, Damien said:

They were winning by 2, time running short is a good thing for them.

Getting possession and sticking it up the jumper for a slow six would have helped their cause too.

French has made it a Wigan win now.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's so much to like about how Salford play at their best.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Getting possession and sticking it up the jumper for a slow six would have helped their cause too.

French has made it a Wigan win now.

It's less than a 50% chance and if you don't get it you cough up the ball barely 10 metres from your own line. Worst case scenario you concede a try like that.

3 minutes left you kick it as far as you can, waste more time and make Wigan waste tackles just getting close.

• Like 1

Sneyd will be feeling sick after that, and rightly so.

A depleted Salford put it right up to Wigan, and it made for a pretty entertaining 80 minutes of football on a Thursday night.

I felt that Wigan were always playing within themselves and would be capable of coming home.

• Like 1

A very lively Salford side tonight and had they won, surely no one could have complained. They are sure to cause some upsets this season. Did fitness and stamina count in the last 15 mins? As for the ref and his decisions, maybe more productive to look at player errors and skills instead. 

Edited by JohnM