Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think this should be a cracker at a packed Leigh Sports Village. I do think Wigan will win by 10 but in a local derby you never know.

I know Wigan have some players unavailable but the depth and strength of their squad will in my opinion see them win comfortably, Leigh will miss their absentees much more than Wigan will be affected. Just have to hope the Leigh replacements will respond to the task in front of them and not be embarrassed by a massive score difference.

Wigan by 34 Leigh have been rounding smack heads up From the library square to get a team out. Less than 100 from a full house after some returned tickets went on sale earlier. Giving the Leps an average home gate of 9500 this season

Edited by sweaty craiq
  • Haha 1

There were a few comments about how many front rowers Wigan had in their squad at the start of the season, but it's paying dividends now. Thompson, Mago, Chan and Hill is a decent set of props to have in the 17 in their own right, and there's a chance the 4 props in the opposing 17 will be Trout, Norman, Hughes and Baxter. A complete mismatch. 

This coupled with how strong Wigan's defence is, at least with 13 men on the field, suggests it will be a long night for Leigh.

• Like 1

The game itself: As always, Leigh will be "up for it", will have been focussing on taking advantage of our several disciplinary weak spots, will feel a burning sense of injustice, too. So don't be too sure of an easy Wigan victory. 

56 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

60 tickets left. - for a Thursday night knowing your going to get battered is a huge signal to just how far this club has travelled. 500 corporate and full sponsorship is the icing - Grade A nailed on

Not sure if Wigan have sold their allocation out but if they have, could be another record crowd which would be fantastic. 

Unfortunate start to the season but long term, might not be a bad thing with vital game experience for fringe players. 

Good luck to the lads and get stuck in but they have to believe with a plan B and a second phase attack. 

None of the above, then Wigan will blow us away second half. 

27 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Didn't realise this was on tonight.

Bloody scorching here in South Warrington but raincoat and brolly required no doubt come kick off time !

Lets hope it has all the rough and tumble deserving of a 10k plus Derby crowd. 

Wigan sold their first allocation last week and said they had got a very limited number of additional tickets but I'm not sure if that was in the same stand or not. Looking forward to the game. I get a feeling it's going to be a really tight, tense game and it should be a good atmosphere with a big crowd on again. It's really pleasing to see how well all the Leigh games are being attended. 

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

Wigan sold their first allocation last week and said they had got a very limited number of additional tickets but I'm not sure if that was in the same stand or not. Looking forward to the game. I get a feeling it's going to be a really tight, tense game and it should be a good atmosphere with a big crowd on again. It's really pleasing to see how well all the Leigh games are being attended. 

During the life support decades and huge amounts of new housing the Leigh area must house a few thousand Wigan fans, a number of which will have bought into the east and west stands from Leigh. Both ends sold out last week and Wigan will have been allocated about 6/700 in the East Less than 30 left now

9 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

During the life support decades and huge amounts of new housing the Leigh area must house a few thousand Wigan fans, a number of which will have bought into the east and west stands from Leigh. Both ends sold out last week and Wigan will have been allocated about 6/700 in the East Less than 30 left now

A good friend of mine has just pre booked on line. Only 50 tickets left for home fans so it is very much dependant on Wigan. 

Hoping the game will be a spectacle and not one similar to game 1 last year. 

I'm not really expecting the blowout score that others seem to be. It's worth pointing out we made really hard work of beating Sheffield a couple of weeks ago and haven't exactly been setting Super League on fire with our performances. I think the Saints game showed we can raise our game to but I'm not sure it's a turning point in terms of our form. If Leigh play with enough enthusiasm and keep their errors low there's no reason why they can't turn us over. 

5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

60 tickets left. - for a Thursday night knowing your going to get battered is a huge signal to just how far this club has travelled. 500 corporate and full sponsorship is the icing - Grade A nailed on

Leigh fans do this a lot, put their team and chances down only to come along later and sing the praises of "little old Leigh" when they don't actually get battered, I presume they expect others to do the same.

Yes, Wigan are the favourites, but Leigh have shown that they can be a match for anyone, even with some of their best players absent.

Would anyone else other than Leigh fans put their chances down as so slim? I'm not sure, I don' think Leigh will win but I don't think they'll get battered either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Didn't realise this was on tonight.

BBC North West sports preview on the 6.30 news , gave the game about a 5 second mention . 
No interviews with the coaches and couldn’t even state what time the match kicked off .

Pathetic .

18 minutes ago, meast said:

Leigh fans do this a lot, put their team and chances down only to come along later and sing the praises of "little old Leigh" when they don't actually get battered, I presume they expect others to do the same.

Yes, Wigan are the favourites, but Leigh have shown that they can be a match for anyone, even with some of their best players absent.

Would anyone else other than Leigh fans put their chances down as so slim? I'm not sure, I don' think Leigh will win but I don't think they'll get battered either.

One win over Wigan in 40 years tells its own story but anything can happen, granted. 

Let’s hope it’s a great game and spectacle for the viewers. Absolutely pouring down !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, meast said:

Saying that, a Degsy meltdown is amusing and I reckon is due for an overall 😄 

Nice weather for ducks; would Degsy consider a last-second rebrand?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

WTF did they set off. Ridiculous.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.