Sun 14th Apr: CCQF: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/04/24 at 16:00

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

So we threw the ball wide.

Honestly one of the best performances from a Warrington team I remember seeing.

You were excellent. Beat us up down the middle in the second half too. Well done Warrington. 

Horrific day with Liverpool losing too. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Must be fun being around the East Lancs Rd at this point with both Saints and LFC imploding?

It certainly makes ME very happy! 

• Thanks 1

Superb from wire really match Saints up front and then picked us apart out wide. As other posters have alluded to Saints lack of pace out wide is killing us both in attack and defence. Saints will have a hell of a job getting the backline something like at the end of this season. 

• Like 5

I'm a huge fan of watching young players develop and succeed in our game but I have to say I can't see the attributes that Jon Bennison has to make him a top class player.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm a huge fan of watching young players develop and succeed in our game but I have to say I can't see the attributes that Jon Bennison has to make him a top class player.

He’s never going to be a top class player. He has ability - but I personally feel as a squad player who fills in when others are not available. That he’s our starting left winger tells you much about Saints’ investment in wingers in recent years post-Grace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Saints have no pace. No invention. We rely on forward power to overwhelm teams. Today our pack has been battered. 

You need to get shut of Dodd, only the Lord knows who thought he was any good for Saints never mind England.

1 hour ago, Fly-By-TheWire said:

Wow.    Burgess has finally silenced his critics and doubters.

They haven't won owt yet.

• Like 1

Warrington deserved the win.

Thought Saints made too many errors and some ill discipline at key moments for which Warrington made the most of.

Thought two key decisions/errors didn't help Saints as they managed to gain momentum and look dangerous.  One was taking the two points and all be it watching on TV I thought Warrington were going through a ragged lose of energy patch,  the second being Lomax mistake again with Saints in the ascendancy.  From their on in Wire took over and never looked like losing the ascendancy.  To read some comments you would think the game wasn't in the balance and that Saints never had any ascendancy at all. For sure after 60mins Saints imploded whilst Warrington showed how dangerous they can be with their attacking prowess.

The last 20 minutes certainly most unlike Saints in they lost all composure or nous, I guess Warringtons tackle pressure taking its toll.

FFS, forgot i'd got this on record when i was watching it, picked my phone up to read a whatsapp message to be greeted by 'Bring on the Wire', after about 18 minutes of me watching!.

Ah well, still it was a great 2nd half by Wire, Saints are slowly turning into a 2 man team, Welsby at the back and Walmsley up top. 

The rest are looking bang average these days.

Wire it is then, should be a great Semi final.

42 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They haven't won owt yet.

That wasn't the criticism or doubt I'm talking about.   It was whether a former great player would translate to being a good coach.   He's already transformed a pretty average Warrington squad into a very competitive side that's getting better each week.   And he's overturned one of the top two teams away from home with a very convincing performance with every bit of intensity needed to be a top side.

He's only a few months into the job, and hopefully he'll stay true to his word and stick out the full two years before moving to a top NRL post.

• Like 2

Well done Wire - you deserved that today

Saints have a lot of questions to answer as looking very ordinary at the moment, nothing much in attack and a few players starting to look a bit past it. 

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

He’s never going to be a top class player. He has ability - but I personally feel as a squad player who fills in when others are not available. That he’s our starting left winger tells you much about Saints’ investment in wingers in recent years post-Grace.

And isn’t Makinson leaving at the end of this season?