Tony Smith and Stanley Gene have left the building..

So, if true and Richie Myler is the new DOR at Hull FC, what can we expect on the pitch?

Hull players diving around and feigning injury?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

So, if true and Richie Myler is the new DOR at Hull FC, what can we expect on the pitch?

Hull players diving around and feigning injury?

Wilkin won’t stop whining for the full eighty minutes.

25 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

It’s always the hope.

There was rumours that York were to be taken over by Thirkill. Now we’ve not only lost that hope but also our “star” signing after a game and a half. 

Hull will probably let us have a player on loan for the season for our inconvenience. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

After Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos failed to emerge as Hull’s new billionaire investors yesterday, I was at least hoping to hear that Pearson had persuaded Wayne Bennett to come over as the new Director of Rugby given the amount of noise FC fans have been making about their exciting innovative new rebirth (translation: sacking another coach).

But Ritchie Myler is the next best thing. 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

There was rumours that York were to be taken over by Thirkill. Now we’ve not only lost that hope but also our “star” signing after a game and a half. 

Hull will probably let us have a player on loan for the season for our inconvenience. 

Tex Hoy isn't busy at the moment...

Having listened to the interview with Pearson yesterday, he sounds like a good talker but says nothing of any substance, and what he does say doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. He'd apparently been giving Smith his full backing until very recently, but then also claims to have been talking to this prospective Director of Rugby for several weeks - both can't be true. And he's obviously not committed to that 'long-term project' that they've been banging on about. If the rumours are true, and Myler is being given the gig, then it's absolutely crazy to me that you would oust Smith for him. And if the other rumours are true about the potential investor, then I fully expect that to go pear-shaped for one party or the other at some point...

Myler is just a crackpot idea. What qualifies him to oversee the running of all rugby matters at any club, never mind a big beast like Hull FC. The bloke is still playing… honestly. A mental appointment if this is actual true. 

• Like 1

If Shaw is correct then what exactly are the qualifications that Myler has to be a successful DoR at a large but significantly long underperforming club? Bearing in mind that this just doesn’t apply to players but Pearson did state that the DoR will be in charge of appointing the next coach. 

On 11/04/2024 at 12:36, Eddie said:

I tend to think Hull could and possibly should be as big as Leeds, Saints and Wigan - yet they get it wrong again and again. 

What could change ?

Its awhile since Hull arguably the best .I think if they could go into another successful era they could fill their stadium 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

After Brett Hodgson, Tony Smith and Simon Grix, my money was on Michael Monaghan or Lee Briers as the next member of the 2011/12 Warrington set-up to take over all Hull.

Myler hadn't even occurred to me.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

59 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

If Thirkhill is investing and the club are in need of it ,it sounds like if this is true by allowing nepotism this man could be taking control. Of course it could be here say at this point 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

After Brett Hodgson, Tony Smith and Simon Grix, my money was on Michael Monaghan or Lee Briers as the next member of the 2011/12 Warrington set-up to take over all Hull.

Myler hadn't even occurred to me.

They might as well take Andrew Henderson then.