Sat 20th Apr: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 14:30

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just seen footage of that last try, blatant knock on from wire unfortunately.

Just seen the try on the Sky site.  Where was the knock on?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

In the tackle before the try 

Thanks.  The highlights started with the play the ball.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Very enjoyable game that for the neutral, gutsy win for Warrington hard luck Leigh you didn't give up trying.

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just one of those things that are missed unfortunately once the on field officials have missed it nothing can be done. The VR wouldn’t be able to go back to it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tough game, not much between the sides on the day. Nice to get a bit of sun on the face. Fitzgibbon far and away our best, some of the other forwards looked laboured and Leigh hurt us with offloads all afternoon.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

48 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who needs enemies when you've got friends like this?

After a cracking game of rugby, a very influential figure posts a complaint about one tiny debatable moment rather than saying anything positive about the match. 

This must be how John Drake feels.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Who needs enemies when you've got friends like this?

After a cracking game of rugby, a very influential figure posts a complaint about one tiny debatable moment rather than saying anything positive about the match. 

This must be how John Drake feels.

It's not really James Graham; it is just some bitter Saints fan I think mate.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It's not really James Graham; it is just some bitter Saints fan I think mate.

Ah right, cheers JB.

What a plank though. 

Edited by Leeds Wire

39 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Just one of those things that are missed unfortunately once the on field officials have missed it nothing can be done. The VR wouldn’t be able to go back to it. 

Well nigh on impossible for the referee to spot that. You are relying on your TJ to be lucky enough to see it.

Leigh still had plenty of opportunities to stop the try though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

who the hell calls a  baby Armani ?

The NZ Warriors alone have a Bunty, a Chanel and a Jazz, and that's before we get to their women's squad.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gutting defeat. The defence was as good as it has been for a long while, but a lack of composure in attack meant that we didn’t score as many points as we should’ve done when on top. Both halves had poor games imo, but Moylan was our main source of creativity.

Annoying about the knock on before the winning try, but not sure why both Leutele and Charnley were so deep behind the defensive line which gave Warrington the space they needed for the last try

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The NZ Warriors alone have a Bunty, a Chanel and a Jazz, and that's before we get to their women's squad.

And a Roger 

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Gutting defeat. The defence was as good as it has been for a long while, but a lack of composure in attack meant that we didn’t score as many points as we should’ve done when on top. Both halves had poor games imo, but Moylan was our main source of creativity.

Annoying about the knock on before the winning try, but not sure why both Leutele and Charnley were so deep behind the defensive line which gave Warrington the space they needed for the last try

It’s tough at the minute but I’ve seen enough in the last two weeks to suggest Leigh could put a serious run together when Asiata and Ipape come back in to the side and guys like Amone and Mulhern get back up to full fitness. The injury problems have at least given Leigh a look at Hanley on the wing and Moylan at fullback and they should stick with the pair of them in those spots IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Game of the season so far IMO.

Warrington came back to win, but Leigh's defence didn't deserve to see them lose.

I think that's an 80 minutes that will stand both teams in great stead. I thought Leigh were the better team for 65 minutes, but Warrington's ability to winreflects well on the mentality Burgess is instilling.

I'm struggling to think of a better game so far this season.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 minutes ago, WN83 said:

It’s tough at the minute but I’ve seen enough in the last two weeks to suggest Leigh could put a serious run together when Asiata and Ipape come back in to the side and guys like Amone and Mulhern get back up to full fitness. The injury problems have at least given Leigh a look at Hanley on the wing and Moylan at fullback and they should stick with the pair of them in those spots IMO. 

I think it’s pretty much a given that Hanley will keep his place on the wing. The only thing that will see Moylan move from full back is if McNamara struggles in the halves. Though I’d be tempted to keep Moylan at full back and play O’Brien at 6 when he’s back. 

The most encouraging thing from today was that the defence was vastly improved on recent weeks. Previously any sets starting in our half would end in either an error or a try.  Hopefully we can go on a run that at least puts some space between us and the bottom 3

17 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I think it’s pretty much a given that Hanley will keep his place on the wing. The only thing that will see Moylan move from full back is if McNamara struggles in the halves. Though I’d be tempted to keep Moylan at full back and play O’Brien at 6 when he’s back. 

The most encouraging thing from today was that the defence was vastly improved on recent weeks. Previously any sets starting in our half would end in either an error or a try.  Hopefully we can go on a run that at least puts some space between us and the bottom 3

Hanley looks to be really benefitting from putting some weight on. He was a bit lightweight at Wigan but was always really talented. 

I’m not convinced with McNamara but we’ll see. I think O’Brien could handle back in the halves and even though he’d have more defending to do, I can’t see him taking much more stick physically than he does at fullback. I’m not sure I’ve seen a fullback get smashed as he takes possession of a ball as often as O’Brien does. 

12 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Hanley looks to be really benefitting from putting some weight on. He was a bit lightweight at Wigan but was always really talented. 

I’m not convinced with McNamara but we’ll see. I think O’Brien could handle back in the halves and even though he’d have more defending to do, I can’t see him taking much more stick physically than he does at fullback. I’m not sure I’ve seen a fullback get smashed as he takes possession of a ball as often as O’Brien does. 

He’s dropped off the odd one on one tackle, but overall he’s been excellent. Very good in yardage, pretty safe under kicks and scored a fair few tries. Very good work from him today for McNamara’s try. I hope we can get him signed up for next season and beyond. My wish list for Leigh was fairly reserved. Wanted us to compete and have 2 or 3 players have a breakthrough season, and he’s doing that.

I know what you mean about O’Brien. And his natural facial expression looks like he’s just been whacked as well! 

Under Lam, a young Hanley was dropped into the deep end for an injury-hit Wigan and he got absolutely monstered by a rampant St Helens side. It seems like Lam saw enough to keep faith with him, and it is paying off. I'm very glad for him.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson