Fri 19th Apr: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Bookies giving us a 30+ start. Very generous given that we've only won by that margin twice since September 2022.

Think we'll win but won't be a blowout.

Edited by Chris22

With Myler the Messiah at the helm the World is our oyster.

Be afraid Saints' fans, be very afraid...

Having said that, an adaptation of this scoreboard may be useful tonight :

Standard Scoreboard

• Like 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Commendable effort by probably the youngest Hull side I've ever seen and who have spent almost the entire first half defending.

Logan Moy outstanding.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Why can't we get consistency from refs?

Ball clearly punched out on st's line..lost ball

Same on our line...stolen!

Even some of the pens/six agains i just can't see what we did wrong in the tackle.

It's so frustrating.

• Like 4

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Logan Moy gets hit in the air while attempting to catch the ball but no penalty?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Logan Moy gets hit in the air while attempting to catch the ball but no penalty?

I thought that was both challenging for the ball.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Shouldn't Gardiner be sent off for that??? 🙂

Just seen the final score.

Ouch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the richie myler effect not felt yet then?

I'm going to my first Wire home game of the season in a fortnight, That's when it will kick in.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Just seen the final score.

Ouch.

Expected. The young lads did themselves proud.

Looked like men against boys and when you consider the young kids littering the Hull team then that's why. Very pleased with their efforts tonight, some much more experienced Hull teams have been on the end of worse defeats. The penalty count must have ended up about 9-1 in favour of Saints and the first six again awarded to Hull was in the last ten minutes when the score was 52-0 so they were really up against it.

I just hope that the kids don't lose heart and keep turning up for each other, there is some real talent there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

Why are people posting score updates on a message board, are you aware the rest of the internet/TV coverage exists?

I don't have Internet access at present and there's no terrestrial TV signal, either. 😀

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do feel sorry for the FC fans that made the long journey they are proper fans and perhaps a little crazy for making the trip. They are the worst side i have seen at Saints this season….after Saints. Next Thursday will be a different game, will wellens go back to the grind we’ll have to wait and see. 

• Haha 1