Thu 25th Apr: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/04/24 at 19:30

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think Hudds look way better this term.

In the first half Connor looked to be in control of himself, second half he lost the plot.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Pretty poor analysis from the Sky panel - especially Wilkin - on the Connor issues. No mention that a fairly forceful slap from Knowles should have been penalised.

Just eyes closed rabbiting off talking points about Connor.

• Like 2

The Sky analysis is always abysmal- doubly so for Wilkin, he is the Gus Gould of Superleague 

Connor should have played to the whistle, but ultimately Knowles did hit him in the face. 

Giants had enough chances but spilled them, then the second half Saints did their usual trick of being allowed to kill the ruck without penalty - their defence isn't good, they just get away with it.

We should have won that one, that's for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The fact that Connor and Clarke can have a chat and smile together after niggling each other most of the game is why i love rugby league.

They know each other far too well to pretend that they are outraged.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Saints are such a boring team to watch these days

The only time Saints have been entertaining to watch in the last 10yrs was under Holbrook. It wasn’t particularly pretty under Woolf - a brutally efficient rugby team though.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 4

We can laugh at those dismissed slaps but if it was, say, Liam Watts! then the outcome is so very different.

Easy to be judgemental and #### Sure but I'm thinking this is not so healthy, so clean.

• Like 2

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

He is looking a lot less Mr. Angry and more measured.

I must admit my first thought was give him time.

I always look forward to any game he's playing in but it's precisely for the reason he's never going to change.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

We can laugh at those dismissed slaps but if it was, say, Liam Watts! then the outcome is so very different.

Easy to be judgemental and #### Sure but I'm thinking this is not so healthy, so clean.

Watts would have got ten games and been sent on a rehabilitation for offenders programme.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

28 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

Yeah, slaps shouldn't be Play On.

This is a professional sport though and coaches have a duty to coach that which is allowed.

• Like 1

Connor losing his team the match because he’s moaning like a toddler instead of doing his defensive job is peak Connor.

He can retire happy now, all the muppet boxes ticked. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Connor losing his team the match because he’s moaning like a toddler instead of doing his defensive job is peak Connor.

He can retire happy now, all the muppet boxes ticked. 

I think he should have gone down and brought attention to it - like the soccer players tend to do.

6 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think he should have gone down and brought attention to it - like the soccer players tend to do.

No. He should have defended the play-the-ball, like an adult would. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Worzel said:

No. He should have defended the play-the-ball, like an adult would. 

..and then ensured their next meeting was with him putting in a highly aggressive legal tackle.

• Like 6

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

The Saints interference on the Connor PTB and the slap out at Connor would have been penalties if the same incident happened to any other player.

Exactly what i said at the ground, if it wasn't Connor we'd have had 2 penalties but because it's Connor it's ignored almost as if he deserves it, some will he does, but you can't not apply laws based on which player is involved.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

A kiddie player giving Carney a turned ankle.

Will the whippersnapper be On Report for an Asiata-inspired attack on the lower limb?

Asiata never ever attacked a lower limb unless you mean around the thigh area, disappointed in the inference in your post No 7.

Just got home and just about warming up, that was a heartbreaker for us, we were so good then Jake got wound up, lost the plot and we get a couple of dodgy decisions against us added in with some arm flapping from Welsby and bang, 78 minutes of hard work evaporates in front of us.

Great effort from our lads, it just wasn't our night in the end.

Connor needs to learn not to get wound up and let it affect his game, i suspect it's too late though now.

Boy did we miss Esan tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Asiata never ever attacked a lower limb unless you mean around the thigh area, disappointed in the inference in your post No 7.

It was in jest. No offence meant, H.

Seeing Brian hopping around going ''Ow'' did make me chuckle.