Sun 16th Jun: SL: London Broncos v St Helens KO 15:00 (at Twickenham Stoop) (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/06/24 at 14:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Sun 16th Jun: SL: London Broncos v St Helens KO 15:00 (at Twickenham Stoop) (Sky/SuperLeague+)

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Quite sad what is happening to London , I was hoping they would put up a fight in SL this season. However from what I have seen they seem way out of their depth and another big loss comming against Saints

Would love to see London pull one over but not likely as the team has still got less super league appearances within the whole team combined than Wellsby who is only 24. Got to remember this when slating London. You cannot magic up experience as by its very definition it can only come game by game.

if you listen the the players and coaches who are interviewed they are very honest about their situation and are taking it a game at a time. If they had wanted to seriously compete then Hughes had to spend proper money which he didn’t. Good luck to London today

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 13:16, Agbrigg said:

Quite sad what is happening to London , I was hoping they would put up a fight in SL this season. However from what I have seen they seem way out of their depth and another big loss comming against Saints

From what I understand, there's little point in them busting a gut to finish higher in the league as their relegation seems to have been decided already. Not that they wouldn't try to win for professional pride reasons but if you don't have the players and aren't going to buy them, then it's a bit of a pointless exercise. 

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

From what I understand, there's little point in them busting a gut to finish higher in the league as their relegation seems to have been decided already. Not that they wouldn't try to win for professional pride reasons but if you don't have the players and aren't going to buy them, then it's a bit of a pointless exercise. 

Logically you make a good point. However, if they took a different approach and said, now we are in SL let's give it our best shot and worry about IMG at the end of the season. So recruit better players from the start of the season and get some wins. A big IF ,but let's say this approach got them to around 9/10th in the table. Then irrespective of IMG I think there would be uproar in our game if they were relegated, I am sure common sense would keep them in SL. However their approach this season of basically capitulating before a game took place has allowed them to fall directly into the IMG trap.

• Like 2

On 13/06/2024 at 12:51, 48C North Stand said:

Saints by quite a few - 30-40 points. They may rest a few too but seem to have talent to burn. 

Bet they haven’t - seen their 21 man squad and looks full strength 

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Logically you make a good point. However, if they took a different approach and said, now we are in SL let's give it our best shot and worry about IMG at the end of the season. So recruit better players from the start of the season and get some wins. A big IF ,but let's say this approach got them to around 9/10th in the table. Then irrespective of IMG I think there would be uproar in our game if they were relegated, I am sure common sense would keep them in SL. However their approach this season of basically capitulating before a game took place has allowed them to fall directly into the IMG trap.

There is not a single player in the broncos team who capitulates- what an insult! The money may not have been spent which refers back to my earlier point - you can only develop SL players by giving them exposure! I listened to James meadows and oli leyland speaking and they are honest about the journey and full credit as, unlike some of the top flight clubs who bring in young/new players, they don’t have experience around them to allow them opportunities to learn, they are doing it tough with a smaller set of forwards and no lightening quick wingers to prop them up. Capitulation is the further thing from any player in that team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

There is not a single player in the broncos team who capitulates- what an insult! The money may not have been spent which refers back to my earlier point - you can only develop SL players by giving them exposure! I listened to James meadows and oli leyland speaking and they are honest about the journey and full credit as, unlike some of the top flight clubs who bring in young/new players, they don’t have experience around them to allow them opportunities to learn, they are doing it tough with a smaller set of forwards and no lightening quick wingers to prop them up. Capitulation is the further thing from any player in that team

Did I say they capitulated ? Did I say they don't try ? 

What I did say and mean was that many are just not good enough for the top flight irrespective of their endeavours . The people who I was referring to as capitulating are the people that run the club. In my opinion they have not embraced their chances and seem to be accepting their fate. There are quite a few other clubs in the championship who would not make the cut on IMG scores, but I am sure would have put together far stronger squads if the had been given a crack at SL this year. 

Edited by Agbrigg
  • Like 1

Really bright start from London with some good ball movement but they come up with a poor error in their own half and Saints accept the invitation with a well taken try from Blake.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.