Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6248 replies to this topic

#5381 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's from monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Basically I'm 37 tomorrow.

Ahh, many happy returns you old git!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5382 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Ahh, many happy returns you old git!

Thank you. ;)

I can tell I must be old, because 37 doesn't seem old to me at all.

#5383 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thank you. ;)

I can tell I must be old, because 37 doesn't seem old to me at all.

Younger than Menzies, get yer boots lad.

25 going on 5, me.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5384 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Younger than Menzies, get yer boots lad.

25 going on 5, me.

Ironically, I had a bit of a crisis when i turned 25 because I felt old.

#5385 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

I remember my mate's 21st birthday party, his dad told him "halfway to my age now".  He looked at him as if he were an old fart straight out of medieval times.  He's 42 this year :P

I also remember my 18th birthday party (friends version at a nightclub, not the family version) my dad turned up and started dancing with some of the girls.  I all bar called him a dirty, senile old pervert.  He was 38 at the time.

I'm 41, 42 in August and I still feel as if I'm a young man.  My wife says it's delusions and impending senility but then she's only 37.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5386 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I've just been for a wee, again.

It's your age!

LUNEW.jpg

#5387 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

It's your age!

I'm sleepy.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5388 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

I also remember my 18th birthday party (friends version at a nightclub, not the family version) my dad turned up and started dancing with some of the girls.  I all bar called him a dirty, senile old pervert.  He was 38 at the time.

I didn't know your dad was Silvio Berlusconi! :O

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5389 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm sleepy.

Wait til you get to my age. I now have to have a lie down most evenings!

LUNEW.jpg

#5390 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I didn't know your dad was Silvio Berlusconi! :O

That's how I see him in my memory at the time but looking back at family photos of the time he looks younger than I do now :(

He's still a dirty old sod though, his latest girlfriend is 33 or 36 (or something like that, my brain refuses to sensibly store that sort of information) even though he's now 62. 

Spoiler

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5391 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

Just had a little potter on the common behind us with the cats and I'm still ill - Hurry up with the MRI then I know what I'm dealing with

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5392 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

The ski station up above where I live is open this weekend.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5393 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm watching The Incredibles at 3 o'clock.

And I don't mean the London Broncos.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5394 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,263 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just had a little potter on the common behind us with the cats and I'm still ill - Hurry up with the MRI then I know what I'm dealing with

I've lost the smileys on here but imagine there's one with just the right amount of concern on it.
  • amh likes this
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5395 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Only in Britain will you see police arrest right wing nutjobs and anti-fascist nutjobs then put them on a double decker bus waiting for transport to the end destination of the police station.

Today seems to be full of angry people being angry about things.  I'm not too sure that many of them really care about their causes but just like being angry people.

#5396 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

I've lost the smileys on here but imagine there's one with just the right amount of concern on it.

ta hun x

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5397 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,432 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

There's a little button to switch TRL emoticons on. It's the top left one on the ribbon at the top of the posting box

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5398 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,432 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hope everything works out and it's just a temporary blip.

• amh likes this

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5399 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hope everything works out and it's just a temporary blip.

thank you x

#5400 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

I just uploaded 3.2GB of data to my company website from home in under 12 minutes.  it doesn't seem too long ago that I was grumbling about downloading more than 20MB of data as it'd trash my internet connection and take too long.