• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fnarr, fnarr...

The not so magnificent 7.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Thats a big un!!!!

Not enough for some people on this forum. They wanted him hanged, burned, shot at dawn and deported even before last weekend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not enough for some people on this forum. They wanted him hanged, burned, shot at dawn and deported even before last weekend.

Too good for him!

I can't say I understand why the ban is so very long.  I've seen the tackle on the review shows and while the camera doesn't zoom in on it, it doesn't look much different from tackles we see every week from the view shown on SLS and Sky Fulltime.

If only he'd have just splattered somebody's cheekbone with his shoulder off the ball.

That'll learn him.

should be more it was an awful tackle and these kind of tackles should be outlawed immediately! if a player is found guilty of such a tackle he should be out for as long as the player he injured is.

but for me the worse thing about it, is Child didn't even award a penalty on the night, so Salford got the the advantage in that one of our main strike players was put out of the game ( 2nd year running Salford have done this) and their main man stayed on the field, but then also got the advantage of having him available for the Wigan game on monday!

He has a bit of a track record doesn't he so it's not entirely surprising. That's the second long ban for a Salford player this year. Hopefully it won't affect their momentum, they've been one of the success stories of the season so far.

I've not seen the 'tackle' so I can't comment on it specifically. But I have seen a lot of tackles to the lower leg recently, the majority of which pass without comment, because the player was not injured. Was it really that bad? As a Salford fan, I think we have enough cover in that department to carry on our success story, and hopefully, Rangi will come back fresh to help make a challenge for the top four.

I actually don't think it is like tackles we see every week at all. THere are clear guidelines around what is illegal, he didn;t come in from behind or around the thigh like most of these tackles do.

It was a bad tackle, correctly listed as Grade E by the RFL and I think the ban is the right sort of length. If my maths is right, his next game is Magic Weekend against Widnes. They decided no case to answer for his tackle on Sarginson on Monday; not sure how the system works if you get two bans from two games.

My mind goes back to our game against Wigan last year. O'Loughlin did a two footed, studs in the air trip on Chase. Not even penalised and no suspension. What is it with Wigan! Why do they get away with it? Hauraki got a two match ban for punching Bateman, but Bateman only got a one match ban for punching Hauraki. Anyone who saw it, saw that Hauraki was on the floor, with about four Wigan players on top of him. The RFL have it in for Salford. But we will come through.

My mind goes back to our game against Wigan last year. O'Loughlin did a two footed, studs in the air trip on Chase. Not even penalised and no suspension. What is it with Wigan! Why do they get away with it? Hauraki got a two match ban for punching Bateman, but Bateman only got a one match ban for punching Hauraki. Anyone who saw it, saw that Hauraki was on the floor, with about four Wigan players on top of him. The RFL have it in for Salford. But we will come through.

Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it infamy.

FFS.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Bateman had the option of a EGP. Hauraki did not.

Archived