Season ticket sales

On 1/8/2019 at 5:34 PM, graveyard johnny said:

why would anyone buy a season ticket these days when sky kick the fixtures around their schedule with such dis regard for the working fan? with work shifts and patterns all over the place for the modern worker who can gamble if a games on thurs, fri , sat or sun?

Because if you can attend even 12 out of 14 home games then you'll still save a wedge, HullFC premium seats in East and West were IIRC £26 last season, I usually go around 6-7 times (as the 320 mile round trip is a bane for a Thurs/Fri despite staying at the folks for a few days) The 'membership' as the club call them now, was £260 (£270 this year). 

As a full member* you get a 'this is Hull' card that gets you discounts at various places around the city, shops, restaurants etc, club retail discount, 50% off Magic tickets, discounts for CC and GF, £5 off full priced jersey.

Kids memberships are particularly generous, especially since they give them free entry to away games.

*there are general memberships which get you a discount on match day tickets only plus some other discounts.

For me I'd still prefer a Sunday afternoon, night time games on a thursday offer nothing IMHO,  there are so many downsides, Friday nights are not that much better either.

People often say that corporate would drop off, would it really? Wouldn't corporate turn up pretty much whenever you'd have a match? Sunday lunch in the stadium, beers, match etc then get your driver to take you home. Your driver who you've told he and his kid/s can come too and have drinks in exchange for taking you home. Drivers kids are chuffed cos they get to schmooze with players etc win/win

I know you should never rely on away fans but given how things are with transportation in the UK and the network being saturated on Thurs/Fri nights or in case of trains to certain  places non existent after x o'clock surely there's a significant attraction for Sundays with a 2-3pm kick-off compared to 7:45 on a Friday? I know our fans love a Sunday afternoon game at Cas but it seems there's a significant difference to Sunday afty games for our away support. Even the majority of home fans think Sundays are better/more accessible

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sales should be up this year. For me its all about a simple equation

How many games can I attend / Cost of a season ticket v matchday prices

I reckon I can make 10 out of the 14 Home games with only the Wigan game definately ruled out when I am on the other side of the world. Since I now know the whole London Broncos schedule I can plan this in advance instead of how many and when for August and September when I have other commitments.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

21 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Sales should be up this year. For me its all about a simple equation

How many games can I attend / Cost of a season ticket v matchday prices

I reckon I can make 10 out of the 14 Home games with only the Wigan game definately ruled out when I am on the other side of the world. Since I now know the whole London Broncos schedule I can plan this in advance instead of how many and when for August and September when I have other commitments.

Don't forget Sky are liable to move games later in the season depending on what they wish to show, nothing is cast in stone with SL fixtures.

It's baffling your clubs don't offer different scales of membership. What about flexible 8 or 4 game memberships for fans who can't go every week? What about other options for fans from elsewhere? As a Broncos fan living in Melbourne, I can get a $40 club membership which gives me a scarf and stuff, as well as discount and priority booking for big games. That means I can support the club and the game, without being ripped off. 

21 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

'......

What I would say though is when we play is kind of a moot question. If we are to grow our TV revenues significantly we are going to have to not only get more viewers but broadcast more games which means its not really a question of Thursday, Friday or Saturday or Sunday. Its more likely going to be Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

-------

Just on this paragraph...

I would agree that going forward one can expect more games on TV, especially as the clubs see it as their salvation and hence will just have to accept broadcasting more games. This means other days as you comment..

It becomes a TV product (the rule changes also help with that). The catch 22 maybe is how far to go. If fans live attendance lowers significantly, especially if younger demographics tune in to the technology you suggest. In a decade or should the game be thinking, mmmm smaller stadiums, top class facilities charging top class prices. Leaving those priced out to tune in to TV. 

Anyway just one path but it does open up "how far of a TV product the sport should go".

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

I think this issue is largely an excuse for lower attendance. RL doesnt have that many games on TV, certainly compared to things like the EFL or NFL and they arent struggling with attendances.

I think there will be a shift however and its the games response to that that will decide its success. If the game focuses on making an outstanding match-day experience then TV complements attendance, it isnt in competition with it. 

I would agree.  Although I'm not sure we have an outstanding match day experience, especially with regards to expectation of a younger and upcoming demographic.  Nor the focus by some clubs to ensure that outstanding game day experience as we look ahead.  

So yep how the games responds will determine. Would be nice to be able to identify the strategy, I guess Elstone is working on one from a SL perspective.

I said similar on another thread on this topic, and the match day experience leaves a lot to be desired across the game.

When the Bulls were in their prime they seemed to offer a very different day out for the family, topped with a big game (that they tended to win) - and nothing has changed in 20 years, nothing new, no new experiences

Toronto seem to have found something for the new generation, with their craft beer tents and food stalls and engagement with local companies, and this is something clubs in the UK would do well to emulate.

As a straw poll example me and my group of friends grab some food and a few beers before a game in a pub in the town centre, that's money I'd give to the club if I could get a decent burger and beer at the ground pre-game. Now the Giants Supporters have a club bar in the ground we make sure we grab a beer in their before kick off too, but they are still missing out on revenue by not offering a better all round experience 

The point is, the game all by itself isn't enough to convince people to come to the rugby instead of turning off Netflix/XBox or not going to the cinema or even just going to do some other thing 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:32 AM, Gorbals said:

And...

• 50% off your 2019 Magic Weekend ticket
  • Buy Backs scheme for games you can’t attend. Can’t make a game? List your spot for Buy Backs and you’ll get a match credit to redeem against future tickets and travel if your spot sells
  • ‘Bring A Friend for Free’ Voucher (selected fixtures only – to be confirmed when 2019 fixtures are released)
  • £5 voucher for Leeds Rhinos Retail
  • Free travel to one away League fixture
  • Discounts & priority booking for non-League and Cup games
  • Leeds Rhinos Crash Card - get discounts on loads of great restaurants, shops and days out across the UK
  • Free copy of the Official 2019 Club Handbook

So like I said, no merchandise is included 

18 hours ago, Ant said:

Toronto seem to have found something for the new generation, with their craft beer tents and food stalls and engagement with local companies, and this is something clubs in the UK would do well to emulate.

As a straw poll example me and my group of friends grab some food and a few beers before a game in a pub in the town centre, that's money I'd give to the club if I could get a decent burger and beer at the ground pre-game. Now the Giants Supporters have a club bar in the ground we make sure we grab a beer in their before kick off too, but they are still missing out on revenue by not offering a better all round experience 

The point is, the game all by itself isn't enough to convince people to come to the rugby instead of turning off Netflix/XBox or not going to the cinema or even just going to do some other thing 

You are a spot on here. It’s a bit disheartening that the likes of Salford and Huddersfield can’t manage to create something that Toronto have managed to do in year 2.

Well I haven't bought one for at least ten years due to the fact that I can't afford the ticket up front in one large amount. It doesn't question my commitment to the club, as for a season of which the Bulls travelled the length and breadth of the country I only missed two at home and two away. It miffs me a bit now that at least 5 or 6 people I know have decided to go again this year now we are in the championship when some of my best experiences were last season, away at York, Coventry and Newcastle (o and Skolars too!)

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 1/10/2019 at 6:12 AM, redjonn said:

Anyway just one path but it does open up "how far of a TV product the sport should go".

"All the way...totally in...all in!"- -take it to the bank.  

15 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You are a spot on here. It’s a bit disheartening that the likes of Salford and Huddersfield can’t manage to create something that Toronto have managed to do in year 2.

Neither have any other club since Bradford. But I'm glad you saw a chance to troll

I renewed my season ticket for London Broncos the day after the Million Pound Match. Slightly peeved I could an even better price later as I live in W7!! Anyway  I  bought a replica shirt and a calendar before the start of the season this year for the first time. I honestly can’t wait for the beginning of this season. 

19 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Hate discounting, and some of the prices asked for ST's are shockingly low.

The Fev fan above was saying £150 Adult for 14 games, £11 a game. Leighs are £200 then £220, 1500 sold as last week apparently

Huddersfield’s are £139, which is just over £9 a game. Leeds season tickets are over double that for a seat. 

Granted they have a large stadium that is only 1/4 full, but that IMO is underselling the product.

There is more than just lower the price to getting people to attend games. Marketing is more important IMO as is the match day experience, yes there are some people not going due to cost but not many. Interested to see how it goes for them.

Broncos Open Day on Saturday was very good. Key points 1) S/T up 25% (ok, low start pt ....) 2) new stand will be ready for 3 Feb, to include bar, club shop and toilets (so not v temporary) and 3) players to earn their spot and squad numbers irrelevant

11 minutes ago, Red robin said:

Nearly 6000 season ticket holders at Rovers. Awesome. Well done to the club and supporters. 

Do you all have to take a candle for the first night game?

On 1/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, Allora said:

No disapointment mate, enjoy what you want.

Do you compare Super League numbers against Football numbers or Rugby Union  numbers or any other Sport.

Having an AFL Troll spruick his propaganda does nothing for me.

I see no point.

At least if you're using Aussie vernacular, spell it correctly.

So you think I'm an AFL propagandist, then that's you're problem.

If there was some parity between soccer, rugby union and rugby league, then comparisons could certainly be made.

Enjoy your game, bigot!

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Archived